Essex Property Trust, Inc. Culture reviews

Fast Paced with lots of Communication skills
Leasing Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 29, 2018
Presently acting manager of office, take care of tenants, direct and assist when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the interaction with the tenants. The diversity in people in cultures, is refreshing part of the day.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Changeover in personale
Great Company to Work For!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2018
Worked in property management for some time. Essex is definitely better than other companies in my option. I liked my last company and enjoyed working for them but Essex is by far better, they really treat their residents and employees well.

I haven't really had any issues with other people in the company. Everyone seems really nice so far. I read some of the other reviews saying managers are not nice. That will happen every now and then where people just don't get along. I don't really think that's Essex fault. Even upper level management (ie. Area Managers and Regional Managers) have been amazing so far. All the managers seem to take interest in you. Essex wants their employees to move up within the company.

I guess there are more reports than other property management companies but they're not hard at all.

I do wish there were more properties. One reason I would leave the company would be if there were no opportunities for advancement within my area, which can happen in this industry. Otherwise, I'd like to say with Essex for a long time.
Pros
Company has great culture.
Cons
Wish they had more properties and working weekends thats it really.
Professional company
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2018
I had the pleasure of working with a national company that provided excellent training, supervision, professionalism, compensation and culture. I enjoyed working with a quality staff, management and was provided with excellent training in the industry.
Poor work environment. ..manager is unethical.
leasing (Former Employee) –  SoCalJune 6, 2015
The residents are terrific!
The daily routine all the staff is unhappy but need the pay check.
If you are looking for a cohesive work environment. ..I suggest to look elsewhere.
Pros
Working some where else.
Cons
On site Management
Superb Company!
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 8, 2015
Great Company to work for in great locations. Loved the staff.
Great work environment
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAFebruary 15, 2014
BRE is an exciting place to work with great people and a fun & enthusiastic atmosphere. Expectations are set when you sign on the dotted line so there is no grey area in your job description. Training and furthering education are some of BRE's main focuses for their employees.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, great people
Cons
poor healthcare plan