Essilor Laboratories of America Employee Reviews

Not good for people with families
Finish department float (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNJune 14, 2019
If you have kids that might get sick or you want to spend time with your family, this is not the job for you. If you’re sick without giving them 24 hours notice, it counts against you. If you are needed to work overtime, it’s always mandatory and if you can’t work it, it counts against you or you have to use you pto or vacation to cover it. You need notes to prove every reason you miss any amount of work. If you’re single with no kids, this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses. Monthly goal rewards, employee fun days
Cons
Too much overtime, management sucks
Stability
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 13, 2019
I loved working for Essilor would still be there if hadn't hadn't move Collections to Mexico i they have great manager supervisor and a overall great company
Pros
Discould of eyewear
Cons
N/a
Fun but Stressful
Optician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 11, 2019
I had a good time but the manager was sneaky and hard to work for at times, she ended up waiting until the last day after promising to hire me on to let me go and didn't even tell me herself.
Okay place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2018
Company is very large, globally over 8000 employees. Top management disconnected from the work force. Rapidly ramping up to utilize lower cost labor off shore.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor work life balance
Ok place to work
Finish department insert inspect (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 11, 2018
Ok place to work. Good benefits and work environment. This company does a lot of meals and extras. Good insurance. They have a lot of overtime and Saturdays.
Pros
insurance, benefits
Cons
overtime
fast paced, detail oriented.
Stock lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 2, 2018
I very much enjoy my position at Essilor. I have the ability to cross train in many different areas. I interact well with management, and can go to them with any problems I may have.
Pros
cross training
Good place to work overall
Maintenance Manager/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 23, 2018
Over staffed some under trained not much cross training. There was was a lot of our sourcing that probably wasn't necessary if proper training had been in place.
Great Company to work for
Regional Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 13, 2018
Essilor was a great Company to work for,with excellent perks. Daily travel,and commitment to excellence.Extensive training,good company values, good quality products.
fun place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 26, 2017
i had a great time working for Essilor lab corp.i loved my job and i loved the people i wish i didn't have to leave but i did and ill always give them a great review.
Pros
work around some great and smart people
Cons
not much of a life outside of work
Fast Paced and Going through major changes
Management (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaOctober 21, 2017
Essilor is a very large and corporate organization. They are going through some major changes in the way they handle day to day business. The work place culture is one of win at all costs.
Pros
Good benefits
A fun place to work
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2017
A good place to work, but too much internal competition and a lack of opportunities for job advancement and growth due to more retailers competing with the private sector.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Good bernefits
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
Nice place to work if you want nights & weekends off. Good benefits.
Lots of stress, but the work is satisfying.
Learned a lot about getting along with others & how to handle difficult situations either in person or on the phones.
Great workplace
Production manufacturing (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 15, 2017
Productive and fun work place.enforces safety procedures clean working environment. meeting hour production goals JPPPH 12.9 communicates daily and keeping up with daily task.
productive and fun place to work
LAB SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2017
productive and fun place to work surrounded with mostly good people and a busy paced environment. Daily goals almost always acheived and hit. you get a cake on your birthday.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
short breaks
Stagnent and dismal
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 8, 2016
For the hourly employee...Cross training is the new motto, incentive is not. Management adheres to rules only when it is in their best interest. During my time with the company I saw a lot of people come and go. Management are ruthless and will terminate those that do not conform. Overall, the time spent with essilor was exactly what one might expect in regards to my previous statements. It was labor in exchange for compensation, nothing more, nothing less. If growth, benefits, work/life balance and culture are what your looking for; I'd suggest you look elsewhere.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything else
The hardest job you will ever love.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 28, 2015
I am a road warrior, up early to review accounts and to print out their monthly Job Analysis. I have 3 goals in my work, grow doctors ASP, (average selling price), gain more business from my SoW (Share of Wallet) accounts and Prospect new accounts with the right message and the right frequency.
I have learned building relationships and asking pain/gain questions is key. Using the APEX selling method allows me to move the doctor through the buying cycle.
I work best with a management team who has my back. At Essilor, they believe in their people and give sales as many resources as needed to be successful.
My co-workers and I work as a team. We play to eachothers strengths and share wins. This took time to create a "tree of trust", but worth the effort.
The hardest part of my job is balancing the office work with my time desired to be infront of my doctors. I get it, Essilor needs my time for Webinar, reports and emails, but it takes away from my time to build my accounts.
The most enjoyable part of my job was winning Presidents Club 2 years in a row and traveling with Essilor's Executive team. The exposure for me as a sales consultant was extraordinary. Also, it is seeing my accounts grow and make money, adding jobs in my laboratories and to make top money for my family to enjoy and build for our future.
Pros
Work hard and get paid well.
Cons
Too many emails.
Productive and small company too work for.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2014
The company is great, laid back,and friendly environment too work for. Management are more like friends than your superiors, and the most enjoyable part of is the job is the commodore amongst the coworkers.
A great place to work
Regional Customer Care / Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2012
Developed and implemented a successful customer retention program for the entire SE region.
Great benefits and management at the time was great.
Team Lead Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2012
Worked in Omega customer service as a team lead and managed a group of 10. Answered and resolved manager calls. Did daily reports and answered inbound calls to assist doctors on technical support availability on opthalmic glasses.

Benefits are excellent. Managment at the time was great but are no longer there. Company was laying off and converting 2 labs into one so job security was not good at the time.
Pros
benefits, hours of operation
Cons
no job security