Essilor of America, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXNovember 14, 2018
This company gave me an opportunity to meaningful work as a high school intern, I'm proud of the skills I acquired there. The employees of the company took an active role in my development and found ways to push my limits.
Pros
Awesome Culture, Great place to work
Amazing Mission
Research and Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2018
The mission of the company is inspiring unfortunately the politics are overwhelming. If you research nine signs of an overly political organization this will outline the day-to-day struggles. Very risk adverse culture which will always keep innovation inside the proverbial box.
Pros
Mission, benefits, and core team
Cons
Culture and politics that block forward progression (parallel to Vogons)
Essilor of America
HR Team (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2018
A great place to work and develop your HR career. Good people, great work/life balance and most of all, a very supportive management structure to help with those life choices.
Bad Management, Great company
Customer Data Steward (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2018
My immediate management was very poor but the company itself and the position I had I enjoyed greatly. If I had not been laid off I would likely still be there.
Team work, do quality jobs, chance to advance
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 2, 2018
I worked for this company for 10 years, I had chance to get promotion to more responsibility and higher pay. I didn't want to quit the place that I work; however, the company decided to lay off all employees and move the whole manufacturing facility to Mexico. They saw the benefit of NAFTA. I moved on.
Essilor is a good company however, there is little to no room for growth.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 18, 2018
I would choose another company that provides you with the tools to elevate with in the company. I like the type of work not so much the atmosphere and the pay.
Pros
Easy work daily
Cons
No advancement
productive and fast paced workpace
Frame manager clerk (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 28, 2018
doing things all day
how to multi task, and how to manage time
informative, and tell us when we make mistake so we can fix them
fast paced
stand on feet
number
Pros
paid vac
Cons
out date machince
Meh
Strategic Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 13, 2018
I would not work for their CS department if I didn't have to. Constant, unnecessary changes, coupled with horrible miscommunication from the top down cripples this team.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 8, 2018
Most days are busy with many phone calls, an occasional grumpy account with issues that may need trouble shooting. For the most part, all the department leads are very helpful, and willing to teach what is needed to keep each area running smoothly.
Pros
Consistent hours of work
Cons
Salary is very low
Good Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 28, 2018
Not enough autonomy for the PMO and staff to drive decisions and solutions.

Decision making limited to a few mid-to-senior level staff.

Learned about supply chain and some of the manufacturing process.

Foreign corporate staff rotates in from France.
Pros
Enjoyed time there
Cons
Not enough decision making at a mid-manager level
Bad Managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2018
The job experience is good and the workload is manageable. Management shows favoritism, no advancement and micro managers. When asked for training to advance in the company, you will not get. Managers need more experience and training.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Micro Managers
Good Place to Work
Vice President , North America IT Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2018
I really enjoyed the interaction with cross-functional teams. Very good Group leadership. Good training opportunities available. They are a very diverse organization. I learned how better to invest in cross-functional teams in order to accomplish objectives. A typical day consist of too many meetings (even though they were important)
Pros
Good camaraderie amongst most of the teams. Unlimited vacation time
Cons
Too many meetings
Love the job
Finance Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2018
I loved job. They gave me the opportunity learn and grown in my field. My manager was great he always push you to do better then you did the day before in away to challenge yourself.
Pros
Was promoted several times
Cons
At the time the company was going through restructuring.
good
Operational Data Management and Reporting Lead (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 31, 2018
good challenging environment
learned about databases and the optical industry.
got to learn from leadership and see how network can be optimized.
good way to apply to another industry.
Essilor is a great place to be employed.
Blocker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2018
I love working in the Optical field and I am learning something new everyday working at Essilor. I know more now then I did before I started working there.
Pros
Great staff and employees to work with.
Cons
None at all
Fast Paced
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 23, 2018
This is a fast paced environment. It is temperature controlled and has overtime available. Insurance is pretty good. All shifts available even mid afternoon
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 3, 2018
You walk in have meeting until break , pick eye glass lens walk about 10 miles a day then work till lunch then go back to work until break then they call ot . Management is not very good , The work is stressful, not a loud to have no fun or conversation. Getting off of work and away from that place. Don't say you do a good job any day. They are worried to much about production.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Management has no clue how differently labs are ran.
Lab Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 3, 2018
Show up to work and get blamed or ridiculed for not doing enough production the day before. When we did have a good day, Essilor lacks in "job well done" acknowledgements. I learned a lot about the optical industry, but I mostly learned how to deal with change. Essilor is a company that is always changing, not evolving like they try to make people believe. And, they never follow through with anything that gets started.

The culture was horrible - constantly push, push, push, demand, demand, demand. But could never get results due to lack of managerial (top brass) training. The hardest part of the job was being made to feel that nothing was ever good enough. No praise. The most enjoyable aspect was the freedom to dress in normal clothes. no uniforms. And being able to spend most weekends with family.
Pros
Weekends off, No uniforms, benefites
Cons
Management (top brass)
Standard Office Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORApril 3, 2018
This is a good place to work if you want a regular 9-5 job. It is fast paced typically, with some slow time to catch up on other tasks. The hardest part of the job? Constantly over loaded with tasks. Best part? Coworkers are so kind.
Pros
Coworkers are nice
Cons
Work-load is too much
great place to work.
Production/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work. Plant was shut down in 2003. Management was great. There is still another a facility in St.pete. Fl. Management always backed the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essilor of America, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.