Essilor of America, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bad Managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2018
The job experience is good and the workload is manageable. Management shows favoritism, no advancement and micro managers. When asked for training to advance in the company, you will not get. Managers need more experience and training.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Micro Managers
Good Place to Work
Vice President , North America IT Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2018
I really enjoyed the interaction with cross-functional teams. Very good Group leadership. Good training opportunities available. They are a very diverse organization. I learned how better to invest in cross-functional teams in order to accomplish objectives. A typical day consist of too many meetings (even though they were important)
Pros
Good camaraderie amongst most of the teams. Unlimited vacation time
Cons
Too many meetings
Love the job
Finance Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2018
I loved job. They gave me the opportunity learn and grown in my field. My manager was great he always push you to do better then you did the day before in away to challenge yourself.
Pros
Was promoted several times
Cons
At the time the company was going through restructuring.
good
Operational Data Management and Reporting Lead (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 31, 2018
good challenging environment
learned about databases and the optical industry.
got to learn from leadership and see how network can be optimized.
good way to apply to another industry.
Essilor is a great place to be employed.
Blocker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2018
I love working in the Optical field and I am learning something new everyday working at Essilor. I know more now then I did before I started working there.
Pros
Great staff and employees to work with.
Cons
None at all
Fast Paced
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 23, 2018
This is a fast paced environment. It is temperature controlled and has overtime available. Insurance is pretty good. All shifts available even mid afternoon
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 3, 2018
You walk in have meeting until break , pick eye glass lens walk about 10 miles a day then work till lunch then go back to work until break then they call ot . Management is not very good , The work is stressful, not a loud to have no fun or conversation. Getting off of work and away from that place. Don't say you do a good job any day. They are worried to much about production.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Management has no clue how differently labs are ran.
Lab Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 3, 2018
Show up to work and get blamed or ridiculed for not doing enough production the day before. When we did have a good day, Essilor lacks in "job well done" acknowledgements. I learned a lot about the optical industry, but I mostly learned how to deal with change. Essilor is a company that is always changing, not evolving like they try to make people believe. And, they never follow through with anything that gets started.

The culture was horrible - constantly push, push, push, demand, demand, demand. But could never get results due to lack of managerial (top brass) training. The hardest part of the job was being made to feel that nothing was ever good enough. No praise. The most enjoyable aspect was the freedom to dress in normal clothes. no uniforms. And being able to spend most weekends with family.
Pros
Weekends off, No uniforms, benefites
Cons
Management (top brass)
Standard Office Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORApril 3, 2018
This is a good place to work if you want a regular 9-5 job. It is fast paced typically, with some slow time to catch up on other tasks. The hardest part of the job? Constantly over loaded with tasks. Best part? Coworkers are so kind.
Pros
Coworkers are nice
Cons
Work-load is too much
great place to work.
Production/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work. Plant was shut down in 2003. Management was great. There is still another a facility in St.pete. Fl. Management always backed the employees.
Essilor is not the place to work
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 22, 2018
So working at essilor of america is very stressful. There has been over time almost everyday all year long. The management has there favorites. It's just not a fair place to work.
Pros
Breaks every 2 hours. They do give out gidt cards at thanksgiving and Christmas.
Cons
Only get christmas day off. Work alot of unneeded overtime.
Great place to work, to bad they relocated to Dallas
MIS Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 20, 2018
Worked at Essilor for 22.5 years until they relocated to Dallas. Great place to work, family environment, great benefits and plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Cons
They relocated
Don't work here
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 6, 2018
You top out at 15$ an hour and will get fired over the most petty thing. I've seen people get fired for one curse word. HR runs the management and they're not for the workers at all. You basically push 40lb carts around in circles all day. The quota is almost unreachable.
Not quite what I expected
Picker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Most of the people there are nice and management is good. Lots and lots of hours. Always overtime and plenty of it. Not bad money but the home life suffered.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Answering multiple phone lines
learned how to enter RX's into system
most of the management was awesome
workplace was fun and exciting made friends for life
hardest part was the added work load
most enoyabe an memorable were the life long friends
Pros
Comrodery
Cons
The lay offs
Lots of Overtime
Lens Surface Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 30, 2018
This company has great benefits and plenty of opportunities for lots of overtime. The only drawback is that when there is lots of overtime you will not only work 12 hour days during the week, but also on the weekend. I'm only choosing to leave because I have an interest of going back to school.

If you are looking for good benefits and lots of overtime, this is the place for you.
Pros
Free glasses every year
Cons
Only a 30 minute lunch brake. No 15 minute brakes in between
Fast-paced area, teamwork oriented
Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRDecember 26, 2017
When I started working for the company, I was a coating operator, later they gave the opportunity to become inspector after I got the certification. On any regular day, i would have to come in 30 minutes before my shifts so that i could catch up with the what happened throughout the day. After, would go to m work station and proceed with my duties for the day, which normally included inspecting every single piece of "hardware" that came off the line for any damages or faults. I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of the day for me was when i was out on the factory floor, getting to work together with all my fellow coworkers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
A Great Experience
Operations Systems Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2017
Working at Essilor was a great experience. The IT Department strives to be the best in the business. Though there are different divisions within IT, they all work together as a team to make sure the business is successful. I learned so much from so many people during my years with the company. Though we all had our stressful times, our professionalism and Team effort allowed us to work together in resolving issues in order to make sure the business was successful.
Pros
Company Benefits
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 4, 2017
Essilor of America has been one of the best companies I have worked for. I would recommend working with them as long as you are able to find the right lab to work at.
Great workplace. Talented and friendly workforce.
Manager Thin Films Integration & New Technologies (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2017
Challenging work environment. Multiple options to learn and grow your skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with like minded people who were willing to work with you on very new topics.