Estate Management Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Self employed
Education & Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 11, 2018
This was a period of self-employment. Participated in various daily activities to achieve the goals I had set out to complete. Wanted to get back into working full time for a company.
Hollywood Hills, Santa Barbara, Estate Management and Assistant to Privates
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 24, 2018
This role was a variable one, working for many confidentially, while operating among families that require discretion. I was in charge of house staff, kitchen needs and shopping, music studio gear, attending events, planning travel, maintaining balance within the properties and at times coordinating housekeeping duties. The many layers of this position lead me to understand how there is value in detail and organization and not everyone can do that. The hardest part of my job was not having personal time and having a schedule that was based on the families needs first. However, over all the atmosphere, culture among the families were always pleasant.
Pros
Above average Salary and bonuses, knowledge of refined luxury life styles.
Cons
A lack of personal time / freedom.
Amazing Family
House Manager and Live In Nanny (Former Employee) –  South Lyon, MIOctober 20, 2017
I have never enjoyed a job so much! I began my journey with this family as a nanny, however after two years the family had to move for the Father's work as an executive. I loved managing the estate and working alongside both husband and wife when the resided in Brazil.
Job atmosphere is constantly changing.
on site support (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 1, 2017
This can be an excellent career for somebody that likes problem solving while not being chained down to a desk. This job has allowed me to reach out and troubleshoot with companies like Harley Davidson, Dodge Motorsports, Gunsmiths and 100 year old auction houses. Personally I have learned that when the pressure is on I welcome the challenge to solve anything thrown my way!
Pros
Paid miles for travel, paid lunches
Cons
downtime is extensive at times waiting on appraisals
Work at Home
Executor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 25, 2017
Closing of a deceased personal property and investments. I learned what items needed appraisals. I closed out bank accounts and discussed the sale of the personal property and the real estate values surrounding the real estate. Looking thru 50 years of personal property and the items that were collected. Getting to accept the people were gone.
Pros
Stay at Home
Cons
No Benefits
Private Estate
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJMay 26, 2017
This was a learning experince. I went from reading no contracts to dealing with multiple lawyers and multiple contracts. I was lucky in that one of the attorneys treated me like family.
professional atmosphere
Property/Home manager of a 6 floor town home (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
Enjoyable staff and working atmosphere. Worked in a very comfortable setting. Being a self starter I had the ability to work on my own and give full attention to the work at hand.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Productive and fun place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montrose, PADecember 8, 2016
Easy work environment, relaxed atmosphere, all around enjoyable employment. .
All The Benefits Of Self Employment
Effective Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 20, 2015
This was a great experience. I set my own hours and worked at my own pace. All the benefits of self-employment! Wish it was an on-going career
Pros
Freedom of Scheduling
Cons
Non Continuation Upon Completion
Handled estate
Accountant/Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallapoosa, GAJuly 24, 2014
Handled details of an estate. Handled financial and legal items relating to disbursing of estate. Accountant/Manager
Interesting
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAAugust 26, 2013
Managing a large estate through probate. Cleaning, maintaining and selling entire contents of home.
Beautiful farm environment
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee) –  Annandale, NJMay 2, 2013
I loved working at Sycamore Farm. It was hard work but I enjoyed it. From mowing the fields to feeding the animals, there wasn't a thing I didnt enjoy.