Estates of Hyde Park Employee Reviews

No pay date
RN (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 12, 2019
This Nursing home is not a bad place to work except for the fact that as a new employee I was not put into the time clock and had to fill out miss punch slips for my time and place them in a yellow box at the nurses station. I have not been paid on pay day, after pay day when they told me I would not have I been given a date when I will be paid, left a sore spot on me about working there.
Run far away
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2019
If you want a drama free job, this is not the place. This place is filled with gossip, drama, and cliques. The CNAs do what they please. Lots of family members in this place so you can’t really report people. It’s horrible.
it was all good
laundry aide (Former Employee) –  chicago illNovember 12, 2018
This was a nice place to work at but since new management came in May and have now hired all of their family its a hard place to work thats not paying
Pros
plenty of overtime available not for housekeeping though
Cons
there is at least 1 administrative family member in each department every shift each floor
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2018
I’ve learned so much working at the Estates of Hyde Park. The facility is small and the environment is that of a family. I’m glad that I decided to accept the position because the experience was invaluable.
Pros
Open door policy- management
Cons
Pay
I loved the environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2017
I loved the work environment, they will work with you, the patients there are wonderful, and they love what they do. Respectful, Compassionate, and Caring.
Pros
Lots of overtime
If you need a job as a CNA come to estates Of Hyde Park
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2017
If you in need for a job then come to Estates Of Hyde Park.you will be feed and there will be some over time. You will work under the direction of the nurse also you will be assigned to take resident out for smoke break. Also you might be assigned to do main dinner room .
Pros
You do get free lunch
Cons
Sometimes you might work short
Former employee LPN
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2017
Loved working here. The families and residents are great. For the most part the families were very content with the services and easy to deal with. The staff was awesome with a lot of team work. Most of the managers were knowledgeable and had good advice. All the staff seemed to care about the residents. It was like going to work with your second family. I left for medical reasons.
Pros
Friendly staff and families
Cons
Needs some more supplies
Chill place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2017
3rd floor is easy and a lot of help from the nurse and cna
2nd floor heavy work with all the heavy pts on the last set
Unorganized, no supplies
I was fired because I wanted to go back to school and had to cut my days down. The environment was easy and calm. It was so lazy nurses there like all facilities. The old don was cool but everything change for worst once she left.
Pros
The patients is nice and loving.
Cons
Pay, no supplies, short staff
This place is horrible
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2017
The Administration to Nursing supervisor do not care about the patients and or the residents. There is no supplies to take care of the residents. This is a warning for you. Don't waste your time on the place!!!!
productive
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  chicagoDecember 31, 2016
very nice environment where residents and their families appeared to be pleased with services. staff and residents enjoy the planning and implementation of many events which gotten the community involved.
Pros
residents
Cons
staff