Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 838 reviews matching the search See all 1,358 reviews
Loved every minute of it.
EXPERT BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 17, 2018
I have never had a job that I was so immensely proud to work for. I loved every member of the staff like family. Everyone from managers, executive and even the education team focuses on uniting as a brand to help women. I can only hope to find such a satisfying job in the future. Thank you Estee Lauder for making me the confident and empathetic sales associate I am today.
Pros
Prestigious Brand
No Micromanaging and Accomplishments are Recognized
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 13, 2018
Love working for ELC, hope to stay here for a very long time. Best Managers I have ever worked with even across multiple departments. They treat you as a an adult and don't micromanage you. Sad to say that some companies treat their employees like children watching over them every second and not trusting them to complete tasks. This is not the case at ELC. My role has flexible hours and the ability to work from home on specific days so the work life balance can not even come close to other companies. Benefits, holidays, and vacation time are the best around. You are praised for doing a good job and feel like you are part of something good. Thank you ELC!
Pros
Flexible hours, work from home, benefits, discounts, student loan assistance
Cons
Outsourcing/Job Security
Wonderful Company to Work For
Sales and Education Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
It was incredible experience to work for the Estee Lauder Companies. Wonderful sense of collaboration and investment in development from direct management.
Good Company
RETAIL STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  OriginsJuly 11, 2018
Good company to work for. I enjoyed my time there. Company re-organized and closed lower tiered market stores and created flagship locations. Was a good experience.
I loved my job and my counter manager!
Beauty Advisor (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJuly 9, 2018
I throughly enjoyed working for Estée Lauder. I was disappointed after finding that my part time position would not allow me to take time I needed for maternity leave, so I resigned. To this day, I miss my job and my coworkers but I am grateful for the experience!
Pros
Great company to work for! I enjoyed sharing my knowledge and experiences with my customers
Cons
Maternity leave, or lack there of.
Great corporation!
R&D Haircare Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 3, 2018
I absolutely loved working for Estee Lauder Co.. ELC is an incredibly generous company that offers great benefits and many opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Na
My Years with Estee Lauder
Freelance Make Up Artist/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2018
I have enjoyed working in my different capacities for 13 years for Estee Lauder in Orlando Florida. I have worked with the best Account Executives, Account Coordinators, counter Beauty Advisors and especially, our fabulous MUA team in Orlando. I have learned a lot during this time. I have enjoyed meeting and working with the many talented women and men who have been members of our Freelance Make Up Artistry team.

A typical day at a store event would involve meeting customers and introducing Estee Lauder products, whether it be at a National MUA event or just in store for any event the counter may have. I enjoyed meeting many wonderful and passionate women during my days in store. It was always a pleasure to do a consultation and know that my undivided attention was being given to someone who needed to feel special or wanted to learn more about taking care of her specific needs while sitting in my chair. I have made many lifelong friends during my tenure as a freelance MUA. The Beauty Advisors at the various stores work very hard to make these events a success on all levels.

I believe the most enjoyable part of my job is that I made a difference in someone's life for less than an hour in my chair. We all need to feel special at times and how better than to have someone pamper you and truly listen to what you would wish for?

The hardest part of the job, at least for me, was standing for 5-7 hours per day at each event. It does get tiresome and difficult. However, I wouldn't change this experience for anything. This is all part of the job. You take the good
  more... with the not so easy.

I also had the priviledge of helping with coordinating and scheduling our MUA team in Orlando, FL for 13 years. I learned a lot of the business/administrative end of coordinating our team with events, trainings, new hires and anything else related to our MUA team and administrative.

My typical day when coordinating/scheduling MUA's for events/promotions would be sending emails out with the available dates at stores. Updating the schedule with added dates/hours. Processing new hire paperwork. Coordinator Job Fairs as planned at different times of year. Coordinating training for new hires and Education Executive. Ordering breakfast/lunch as needed for meetings. Helping with any specific needs or questions on a daily basis.

I feel very blessed to have worked with this company for 13 years. I have learned a lot, met many wonderful people and friends, and it's given me the opportunity to grow, both professionally and personally. I believe I have worked with the best!
Pros
Great colleagues, product training and gratis products for personal use.
Cons
Sometimes lull in events/hours in different seasons.
Fun learning about products/positivity
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
Love the products and the technology behind this brand. Passion is easy to obtain working for this company. Very flexible with all schedules. Allows advancement.
Pros
Paid travel and good pay
Not all crack up to be
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
Success is more about the politics of the office and who you know than skill. The company cares very little about employee growth and promotion outside of being an attractive employer and maintaining a good reputation in employer rankings. The salaries are on the low side in the industry. The benefits seem to balance it out, but it's hard to beat cash.
Top Down
Member (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 25, 2018
Senior management decisions behind closed doors are implemented by zero empathy Middle management. Kiss up, kick down approach. Fearful atmosphere stifles collaborative innovation.
nice work place
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 22, 2018
I worked and business was very slow, I startd in the children,s dept, I did very well very busy, however, cosmetic very slow , Laid off for lack of customers coming into store to make sales quota,,,
Very good.
Office Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 21, 2018
I've enjoyed my time working at Estee Lauder and the people I have worked with a great deal. I believe it is time to advance my career even further. I would like to do that in the state of Pennsylvania.
Involved in professional development
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
Transformed my skill set. Provided corporate athlete program enrollment, sales training, ability to have autonomy in decision making and team support.
Great training and advancement opportunity
Retail Manager / MAC, NC/VA (Former Employee) –  Roanoke VAJune 20, 2018
MAC cosmetics is fantastic, they train and encourage you to grow and express both your artistic ability and your business knowledge. They also have Viva Glam which has donated millions to the MAC Aids Fund.
good company
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAJune 19, 2018
nothing need to summarize that is good company this place is very good to work you should definitely work over there the work experience over there is very good.
Bad work place, critisized
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 19, 2018
Slow work, spent majority of the day standing around
I didnt really learn anything except about the products
Managemnt was bad. They tore me down constantly and made rude comments
Look elsewhere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 19, 2018
Yes, it's a prestigious company and looks good on your resume however that quickly goes away when you realize how poorly you are being compensated. You do a lot of work, work that at times should really be a two man job and you are expected to put in long hours while getting measly pay. Advancement here is difficult and forget it if you are a coordinator or administrative assistant. They have fired people left and right with no explanation and expect everyone to just ignore it and keep going, which is very worrying to me. Employees are bothered by it. I haven't been here long and I finally understand why so many people leave this company.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly coworkers
Cons
Compensation is poor, long work hours, no room for advancement
productive and fun workspace
Clinique Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10153June 18, 2018
The management was very helpful in helping me advance my position in the company. I've had three different job titles within Estee Lauder Companies, INC. Promotional consulting was great and had a more flexible schedule, but as a manager there were harder parts of the job such as making sure each employee, myself included, was doing their best at making sales goals or exceeding them.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. The managers and coworkers were great. Not only did they provide a fun environment but they also were very fair and patient with me.
Soon request
ASR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 8, 2018
Attendance is a big part of the company policy that they stick to it. No cussing or fighting. No tolerance. Anything else you will be forgiven. Good clean environment very professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss