Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Found 920 reviews matching the search See all 1,483 reviews
A great place to grow
New Product Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAJuly 23, 2018
I have learned a lot about both myself and how to operate a business. A workday consists of getting your job done, whatever it takes. Every situation is unique. They put me in a position to succeed as a manager, and I have. I have learned how to run a successful business, how to treat people with respect while getting the job done appropriately and on time. The workplace culture is family oriented, with valiant attempts at a positive work/life balance. The hardest part of the job is understanding the developments and intricacies of products before they get to the manufacturing site. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is the relationships that I have built over the years with my teammates.
Pros
Work/Life balance, paternity initiative (20 weeks), relationships, opportunities to make your career what you want
Cons
Salary accelerations, ever changing rules, education for specific jobs
No Micromanaging and Accomplishments are Recognized
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 13, 2018
Love working for ELC, hope to stay here for a very long time. Best Managers I have ever worked with even across multiple departments. They treat you as a an adult and don't micromanage you. Sad to say that some companies treat their employees like children watching over them every second and not trusting them to complete tasks. This is not the case at ELC. My role has flexible hours and the ability to work from home on specific days so the work life balance can not even come close to other companies. Benefits, holidays, and vacation time are the best around. You are praised for doing a good job and feel like you are part of something good. Thank you ELC!
Pros
Flexible hours, work from home, benefits, discounts, student loan assistance
Cons
Outsourcing/Job Security
Good potential, if you find the right people
Producer and Video Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
The company places a premium on culture and is actively trying to modernize to compete with startup brands. There is a lot of dead weight, however. A lot of lifers that just want to plan their next vacation and expect you to do their work for them. Management is typically very slow to address issues and is serially out of touch. Like most things, your opportunities for advancement come down to who you’re connected to, not how well you perform your job duties. Don’t expect to be noticed. Do expect to fight for credit on your work.
Look elsewhere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 19, 2018
Yes, it's a prestigious company and looks good on your resume however that quickly goes away when you realize how poorly you are being compensated. You do a lot of work, work that at times should really be a two man job and you are expected to put in long hours while getting measly pay. Advancement here is difficult and forget it if you are a coordinator or administrative assistant. They have fired people left and right with no explanation and expect everyone to just ignore it and keep going, which is very worrying to me. Employees are bothered by it. I haven't been here long and I finally understand why so many people leave this company.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly coworkers
Cons
Compensation is poor, long work hours, no room for advancement
Great company
Director, Global Indirect Procurement (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
Professional group of individuals
Very team oriented
Great management
Benefits offered are competitive
Career growth opportunities
Family business feel
Pros
All of the above
Fun but competitive
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 29, 2018
I worked for Estée Lauder for A couple months and I noticed that they are extremely competitive. The whole job was to sell makeup to people and push them to buy Estée Lauder no matter what they even came to the store for. I didn’t like that part and you even had a goal to how much profit to make a day. The pay was amazing but the management was very sloppy. Schedules where constantly messed up and the contact sheet was never correct. One time the manager even shorted my check by $109 just from being unorganized. The ladies weren’t very kind to each other either. The main reason I liked it was the pay to be honest.
Pros
Freelancing, pay, free product
Cons
Management, errors in scheduling
Productive and Motivational workplace
Global Manufacturing Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2018
My time at Estee Lauder was the most pivotal experience to my career that I have had in any workforce. My management during the internship strived to help me learn the in's and the out's of the manufacturing industry, but also wanted me to see the passion behind the work as well. With tours of a few manufacturing brand sites by Estee Lauder, getting to experience working at the Philadelphia office as well as the high paced New York office, I felt like I was given opportunities that I couldn't have gotten at many other companies as an intern. The hardest part at my time at Estee Lauder was not a negative; it was learning to drown the nervousness and build my confidence to open myself up during conference calls, meetings, and when presenting to associates from other parts of the world.
Pros
Manufacturing site tours, outstanding management
Legendary Company
Regional Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2018
Like any job, nothing is perfect. The benefits at Estee Lauder are really wonderful and as the experience and culture.

A lot of opportunity for experience in the luxury beauty category.
Pros
Beneftis
Cons
Work Life Balance with some brands.
A great institution
PERFUME MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 7, 2018
Estee Lauder is the best place to start your career as the company is well structured and they believe in the internal talent that they hire.
The bosses have a clear picture of where they see you in your next step in your career. Your professional future is mapped out and carried out should the person be willing.
Pros
Insurance, 401K, Employee sales, gratis
Cons
low pay
Good Company with benefits
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
Company lacks programs to develop existing staff and in recent years have looked outside to fill upper management positions. Unless you are a "chosen one" with influential contacts within the co. Compensation is also not competitive compared to industry standards.
Not all crack up to be
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
Success is more about the politics of the office and who you know than skill. The company cares very little about employee growth and promotion outside of being an attractive employer and maintaining a good reputation in employer rankings. The salaries are on the low side in the industry. The benefits seem to balance it out, but it's hard to beat cash.
Great Company Culture!
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2018
Excellent work/life balance
Moving away from the standard 9-5 culture
Improving mobility laterally and upward
Supportive, family driven company even though its a very large corporation with a Global Presence
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Consistent feedback/coaching to improve & develop skill set
ELC Always Changing
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2018
Estee Lauder has changed a lot over the past 5 years with the influx of upper management from other companies. Doing more with less became the norm and workplace culture was adversely affected. There were more opportunities to learn but less time due to workload.
Pros
Business stability
Cons
Focus always on the stock price going up.
Productive and a fun place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 8, 2018
I learned how to work as a team. The enjoyable part of working there was the diverse cultures and meeting new people. The hardest part of the job was waiting for a machine to be fixed when it broke down and finding someone to be put on the line when a line was short. The management was very helpful and friendly.
Cons
Short breaks
it is a awesome company to work for
Director, Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
it is a awesome company to work for. Great benefits and great culture. Very smart professionals to work with. Great maternity leave policies. Highly recommending the company to work for.
great place to work
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
good place to work, environment was good. good work/life balance,. great benefits. however alot of nepotism permeates the corporation wth senior level management getting scholarships and internships for their children.
favoritism exists in groups - but overall if you are a cheerful team player - you will go far.
make your own way through the organization. dont rely on empty promises of senior management.
Pros
benefits, gratis program, stock shares
Cons
nepotism, salaries not competitive
One of my best jobs
Business manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 13, 2018
I loved my time with Estee Lauder as well as working at Nordstrom. During my 7 years there, I was able to attend training classes on a regular basis. I was recognized as a Pace Setter and employee of the month which is a big deal. My picture was up in the store for this recognition.

My District Manager for Lauder was amazing. She was kind , honest , and fair, I also loved the Nordstrom management as well. There was always some incentive, and recognition .
I have to say by far this was one of my beat jobs ever.
Pros
Free business lunches on a regular basis, Great recognition program .
Cons
Management changes very often so there were a lot of chages to adapt to
Payroll
Analyst, Global Consumer Communications (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
I worked at Estée Lauder Companies full-time.
You can call out and take leave whenever you want.
Benefits and access to the employee store are amazing!

I feel a lot of people moved into positions they either weren't developed to be in or were overqualified and sold short. The politics and favoritism got to be a bit taxing at times. I feel the non-seasoned of executives and coordinators should go through a more extensive interview and training process to be able to better lead the teams under them to success.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Management, mobility, raises are not high percentages
Great Pay but Poor Management
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  KansasMay 6, 2018
The pay is competitive and better than most retailers, however be prepared to not ever feel connected to the company because each AE has 60+ stores and will treat you like a number. Sales is the only thing that they look at not your performance, leadership or consistency/reliability.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
On your feet all day, retail hours, poor management
Unfair and poorly managed
3rd Key Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
If you are working for a company for over 10 years you expect to keep your pay, when your show closes and they force you to take a position somewhere else that is now no longer equivalent to yours, not by any choices or actions you made, but because they refused to attempt to put you in one of the several open positions at other stores with open equivalent positions for some reason, that's never been explained. You're now treated like you know nothing and you know more than you're literal entire management team. It's disgusting how they treat you now that Estee bought out MAC, vile and sickening.
Pros
Amazing discount, Gratis, Free Replenishment 2 twice yearly, fun environment, current, trendy
Cons
Upper mgmt no longer cares, Gratis almost taken away & in some cases is, if you get it, they make up rules "you were out sick, you were on leave, They didn't send enough"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight