Estee Lauder Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 855 reviews matching the search See all 1,382 reviews
It’s great if you have a good manager
Beauty Advisor/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 14, 2018
My manager was awesome but some of the other management won’t really give you many options to grow within the company, I tried working for a Dallas location and the management wasn’t very welcoming,
Pros
Hourly pay plus commission on holidays is great
Cons
You can’t really grow within the company
Enjoyable environment to work in
Beauty Advisor/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 13, 2018
Great environment and would recommend for anyone wanting to enter the business field. Experience worth having with a diverse clientele as well as development of communication and sales skills.
Great Company 5 stars Indeed’s “50 Best Places to Work in the Fortune 500
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 13, 2018
Working for Estee Lauder was a pleasure and the best thing that happen to my career. I got great exposure working in the Network Security team which was compromised of 23 members. 20 members were offshore and I was one of three onsite engineers. Estee Lauder outsources its IT.
Pros
Indeed’s “50 Best Places to Work in the Fortune 500
Cons
Outsources IT
Good Company with benefits
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
Company lacks programs to develop existing staff and in recent years have looked outside to fill upper management positions. Unless you are a "chosen one" with influential contacts within the co. Compensation is also not competitive compared to industry standards.
great company
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 10, 2018
Beautiful environment with quality products that made selling easy. An icon of the industry, much potential for growth, ongoing training, earning potential
Productive and Fun Co workers and Managers
Cosmetics Freelancer (Current Employee) –  DMV AreaAugust 10, 2018
I love freelancing because you get to meet different clients and work with different co workers at the different store locations. I love the fact that the clientele is so diverse. I enjoy working with different skin types, skin textures and skin colors. This helps me expand and practice at mastering my makeup skills and techniques.
Pros
Meeting so many different artists in the Industry and also that you get to meet new people
Cons
No complaints
Productive and Motivational workplace
Global Manufacturing Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2018
My time at Estee Lauder was the most pivotal experience to my career that I have had in any workforce. My management during the internship strived to help me learn the in's and the out's of the manufacturing industry, but also wanted me to see the passion behind the work as well. With tours of a few manufacturing brand sites by Estee Lauder, getting to experience working at the Philadelphia office as well as the high paced New York office, I felt like I was given opportunities that I couldn't have gotten at many other companies as an intern. The hardest part at my time at Estee Lauder was not a negative; it was learning to drown the nervousness and build my confidence to open myself up during conference calls, meetings, and when presenting to associates from other parts of the world.
Pros
Manufacturing site tours, outstanding management
Amazing Company
Clinique Business Leader MLC (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 8, 2018
12 years wit Estee Lauder. They are fair to their associates and take time to listen to your needs. As a manager, I had the right tools to drive a very successful business from the company.
Loved it
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCAugust 7, 2018
Loved working for an amazing company.Management was wonderful and very accommodating. Most enjoyable part was making women feel beautiful with and without make-up on.
Talent
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2018
Amazing people and smiles. Always work and thankful for the opportunity to engage with customers and be creating the entire shift. Great communication and customer service.
Build life long relationships
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
Work hard, be consistent, honest, positive and want the best for everyone around you/ your team and company. Those around you will see your progress and depending on your manager will acknowledge it, and reward it.
Pros
The People
Cons
Not Consistant with it's talent and fairness
Great company with great benefits
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
Loved working for brand and the company. I have the best experience with the team and management. Learned to cross selling with other brand and companies.
Pros
Free breakfast with training
Not the best place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 1, 2018
Advancement opportunities are nonexistent except for management. Management has no clue on how to develop or retain good workers. Supervisors will lie about employees just to get promotions for themselves.
Pros
Time off, type of work
Cons
R&d vp, Directors
Very innovating and productive place
Regional Manager Western Hemisphere (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2018
Managed a promotional budget and traveled 70% of the time. Oversaw the Clinic and Origin brands training programs, personally visited 30 clients over the entire region and across multiple time zones and set clear expectations to all sales teams. Created robust sales strategies, analyzed sales reports to implement improvements, and daily, verified promotional and merchandising standards were met and maintained according to brand specifications. Drove corporate support across Point of Sales locations ensuring tools needed to preserve brand image and sales goals were provided.
Key Accomplishment:
 Surpassed all annual brand sales goal expectations by 30%.
I love to work there.
Precess Operator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 24, 2018
I love to work there.Co-workers ,manager everybody is so nice to me.Parking is so big and secure. Food in canteen are good test and reasonable price. They give us gift on Christmas day .
Love working with Estee' Lauder
Manager (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TXJuly 24, 2018
Estee' Lauder is a great Company to work with, they are associated with major department stores and unfortunately employees are subject to seperate store employment policies as well.
A great place to grow
New Product Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAJuly 23, 2018
I have learned a lot about both myself and how to operate a business. A workday consists of getting your job done, whatever it takes. Every situation is unique. They put me in a position to succeed as a manager, and I have. I have learned how to run a successful business, how to treat people with respect while getting the job done appropriately and on time. The workplace culture is family oriented, with valiant attempts at a positive work/life balance. The hardest part of the job is understanding the developments and intricacies of products before they get to the manufacturing site. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is the relationships that I have built over the years with my teammates.
Pros
Work/Life balance, paternity initiative (20 weeks), relationships, opportunities to make your career what you want
Cons
Salary accelerations, ever changing rules, education for specific jobs
Loved every minute of it.
EXPERT BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 17, 2018
I have never had a job that I was so immensely proud to work for. I loved every member of the staff like family. Everyone from managers, executive and even the education team focuses on uniting as a brand to help women. I can only hope to find such a satisfying job in the future. Thank you Estee Lauder for making me the confident and empathetic sales associate I am today.
Pros
Prestigious Brand
No Micromanaging and Accomplishments are Recognized
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 13, 2018
Love working for ELC, hope to stay here for a very long time. Best Managers I have ever worked with even across multiple departments. They treat you as a an adult and don't micromanage you. Sad to say that some companies treat their employees like children watching over them every second and not trusting them to complete tasks. This is not the case at ELC. My role has flexible hours and the ability to work from home on specific days so the work life balance can not even come close to other companies. Benefits, holidays, and vacation time are the best around. You are praised for doing a good job and feel like you are part of something good. Thank you ELC!
Pros
Flexible hours, work from home, benefits, discounts, student loan assistance
Cons
Outsourcing/Job Security
Wonderful Company to Work For
Sales and Education Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
It was incredible experience to work for the Estee Lauder Companies. Wonderful sense of collaboration and investment in development from direct management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estee Lauder. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight