Esterline Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great benefits, pay, no expunged felony records of any kind!
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  East Camden, ARAugust 10, 2018
I really liked the job. At times it was stressful, but nothing more than you can handle. You are expected to carry your weight and if you don't, they tell you. Benefits are excellent! Decent paychecks. Can't work here if you've ever had a felony conviction, EVEN IF IT'S EXPUNGED for years!!
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
At times, alot of hours, not working with expunged felony records
Depends on what you're looking for
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 9, 2018
This is a great and horrible place to work, depending on what you are looking for. For me, it is great because my hours are fairly flexible, and I can work from home if needed. The company functions by just putting out fires, and has very poor continuous improvement. They teach it, but do not act on it. There is zero follow through. If you look at the company on paper, it may look pretty good, but you can't judge a book by its cover. On the inside there are major issues, and absolutely no accountability. Mostly because of certain people, others want to do the right thing. People who work hard are under paid an unappreciated, and people, who come in, flick their boogers, and leave are just collecting. Bullies are not reprimanded, so if you don't have thick skin you will be ran over by a train. I stay for the flexibility, I have some good friends here, the hope things will get better, and I love what I do.
Pros
Flexible for some, great place to start career
Cons
No accountability, unappreciated, cheap
Productive great place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAAugust 6, 2018
There was a lot of work & if you were interested you would be able to take training courses.I loved that it was a 4/10 work week, 4 days a week 10 hour days . I enjoyed making parts for the defense of our country & doin the preventative maintenance on the machines.I got hazwoper training & C.P.R. Training ,also power washing training.
Pros
Had training classes to learn new stuff & get certified.
Cons
The pay could be better for being a government job.
Good company to work for
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 6, 2018
Responsible for planning, design and fabrication of aircraft control panels using EUCLID Solid Modeling Program which reduce the cost from design to order fulfillment for the company. Management compensation was adequate. Management had issues with non productive engineers.
Product worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAJuly 5, 2018
The work at esterline was very interesting I would most definitely recommend it to people who are interested in government contract work. It's a really good job.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not enough compassion for co-workers
Great Company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJune 26, 2018
Working for CMC Electronics-Esterline felt like family. Great work/family balance. Being a remote site, there was not much verticality and the opportunity for advancement was limited.
Na
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 24, 2018
I was employed at Esterline for almost 40 years and they offered me consistent employment for long enough for me to consider it a blessing. I never imagined I would be work there for long, but I'm glad I was able to have consistent work and financial stability.
No room for advancement
Fabricator/Die (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJune 20, 2018
Hard workers have to work harder to make up for the slackers without compensation.
Management does not handle problems, avoids at all costs, until it's too late.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Favoritism
Not a place to stay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  WAJune 12, 2018
Run away from this one. Check with other people writing 1-2 ratings. This is a micro managing company. If you want your career destroy then go ahead. When you can not say "yes", they will find ways to get rid of you. Pay is low. Didn't realize how bad until you in the door. People hanging there mostly because of reaching the retirement and to get that full package. Buddy systems exist, here, too!
Pros
Parking, less traffic
Cons
Everything else
Mistrustful management.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Stillington, UKJune 8, 2018
Place with good and bad points. Fairy clean like for the product they make. Very poor management with no interpersonal skills.
Poor salaries, no chance for progress with career.
People are divided for "good" and "better " ones.
Pros
Good life insurance.
Cons
Bad management.

Want to know more about Esterline?

Ask a question
fun learning experience
Assmebly/solder (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAJune 6, 2018
oppertunity to learn more on the job and advance your self, learn more about the aerospace industry to further your career and to train in different positions
I say just don't work here
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 6, 2018
Management plays favorites, no advancement, low pays, stressful workplace. Poor management support to floor workers, indecision and complacent in problems not being rectified
Pros
only some of the people
Cons
Management, wages, life balances
Good place to work; good people
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILMay 30, 2018
Great people to work with; everyone tends to pull in the same direction and accommodates changes without issues. The products are interesting to work on; particularly the heads up displays.
Pros
Flexible work hours; ability to work at home
Cons
Internal processes taking over
See below
Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 29, 2018
Too much overturn in management which prevents solidification of leadership. Senior management appeases customers and does not support the operations
Pros
Pay is adequate
Cons
Thre is no focus on building professional relationshsips
Management has their own agenda
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 24, 2018
not always does this place run efficiently, management makes so many wrong turns. we just want to work they can't get the parts to us on time and documentation takes a backseat to the actual building of the product
Pros
the other workers
Cons
Management can't decide which way to go, very hard to follow
Culture change
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 18, 2018
A recent change in leadership has changed the culture, not for the better. Three layoffs since the new leader came on board. He is impersonal and does not engage in conversations with employees. He is definitely not a people person.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Management does not value employees
Very productive
Souriau Dom. Rep (Former Employee) –  dominican republicMay 12, 2018
Esterline is a very good company to work at. it offers many opportunities and is always in the search for continuous improvement. It is a world class company
Dont work here
Buyer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 7, 2018
This place is the worst I have ever worked at by far. Poor managers and managment. Lack of any true structure. Every man for them selves culture. Only the yes people are appreciated
Cons
very unsure of things and no proper direction.
Equipment Painter (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 4, 2018
They had a contractor training me, who had no clearances to anything and was seen as a risk. The manager didn't know how to paint, had me looking at forms that didn't have anything to do with my work. Got mad at me for being on the computer working on training that he put me on and told me to complete because it was very important. Had me working on things that no one else had to do or knew what it was for. Others were mad that I was there.
Pros
Cons
all
Still overcoming over a decade of corporate exucutive mistakes
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 2, 2018
Their process' get in the way of them competing effectively. As well as a view that executives are above the rules. Lean transformation was a blantant failure with denial at executive levels that it was so.
Pros
Stable employer
Cons
COrporate Executives, Process, Priorities, Ethics