Esterline Employee Reviews

Good place, good people
Continuous Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  CAMarch 13, 2019
Enjoy working with the esterline employees on a day to day basis. Leadership is transparent and have a good people philosophy. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and grow.
Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCMarch 7, 2019
Great place to work. Defense contractor, orders were low for an extended period, forcing a reduction in workforce. Approximately 30% of the employees were affect, including HR.
Great benefits
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Camden, ARFebruary 16, 2019
I love my job and the people I work with! Everyone works as a family and helps each other, we are our brothers and sisters keepers! Management and HR are awesome and very understanding and helpful!!
loved my job ther
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYJanuary 8, 2019
best place i ever worked until they moved to mexico. we were a big family at esterline will never find a job like this. Great people great enviroment.
Pros
everything was great there
Cons
non
Okay, but repetitive.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 21, 2018
Management is okay, but could do better. Supervisors need better training or understanding of the meal/break times. It is not a 25 minute lunch break then be at you work station by the 30 minute mark.
It Was The Best Job I Had So Far
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  East Camden, ARDecember 18, 2018
We Work As Family. We Stayed Up Lifting One Another. When One Was Down It Was Always Somebody There For Support. It Gave Us Good Benefits & Care. They Treated You With Respect. I Could Go On And On About Esterline Defense Technology
Pros
Free Lunches, Turkey For Thanksgiving, Ham For Christmas
Fulfilling job
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDNovember 29, 2018
It has been over 20 years since I worked for Esterline so am not sure of their current policies or programs. However, I truly enjoyed the people I worked with.
Standard Aerospace Company
Mason Control & Communication Systems (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CANovember 28, 2018
Very political. Management often gets involved without letting the system work itself. Frustrating to say the least. Wrong people are rewarded. Okay for the time being.
Fast pace work place
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 20, 2018
a typical day at work will start with morning stand up meetings with the work associates, followed by a management morning meeting, and walkthroughs to review daily performance. it is a fast pace company, you will need to be an energetic and multi tasking person. the senior direct senior management needed to be improve during the 2017, and at the start of 2018 prior to the sale of the business, their guidance and expectations were not clear, and changed too often.
Esterline is actually a pretty good place to work for
Purchasing Buyer (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAOctober 25, 2018
I am very grateful with Esterline. I learn everything I know in business. That is how I was able to accomplish my goal of receiving my BS in Business. I worked in various positions that helped me grow professionally. I think working for a place for 20 years one becomes complacent. I am ready for new work experience and challenges.
Pros
Work environmnet
Cons
could have paid a bit more
Out of Control in planning and purchasing.
Planning/ Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 25, 2018
The planning and purchasing department currently in Chaos. People want out as the things being rolled out are not being well executed. Trying to take BIG steps when they should be taking baby steps and ensuring each employee is properly trained. Lack of work instructions and other key materials needed so employees have the tools for success. Upper management needs to realize that people are there greatest assets. I dont think they have good upper management to lead teams for success.
Pros
Good worker bees
Cons
Poor management of worker bees
Old-school aerospace
Production (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAOctober 23, 2018
Good decisions take for ever to make and bad ones are made on the spot.

They live in a top-heavy complex organization where titles and egos are inflated but their talent is mediocre at best.
Good communication from the top levels.
Director, Operations, Engineering and Facilities (Former Employee) –  East Camden, AROctober 23, 2018
Maintain a solid work-life balance. Good opportunities for self starters, expectations are well understood with a focus on financial success. Very soft culture with an emphasis on respectful interpersonal behavior.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
None.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Buena ParkOctober 1, 2018
Norwich Buena Park Esterline facility, I wouldn’t recommend anyone working there. Management has favorites on who she wants to move forward in the company. If your an agency working in this company, don’t waste your time.
Pros
None if your a contractor
good memory
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2018
it was very enjoyable working here.
lunch was the best part of the day..
some days were very fast paced because there were grounded air planes the need a part 3 days ago.
Shipping cordinator (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 24, 2018
I loved working at esterline,People are great, management good. Benefits ok. I was there a long time and really don't have any complaints. They have great advancement potential and always keep you informed about company profits.
fun work place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 11, 2018
fun work place to work for- very professional atmosphere - senior management team pleasant people to work with - plenty of overtime for hourly work employees
Pros
good experience
Cons
good experience
Excellent Employer
Senior Trade Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 9, 2018
Wide variety of challenges. The space for career growth is unparelled. The United States Department of State has deemed their compliance program as "world class", and I tend to agree.
Unhealthy work place
V.P. of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 8, 2018
Poor management and culture. There is no focus on future growth of the company by looking at Technolgy for the future. The company was based on Engineering, and today the stradegy has changed and there is no value for engineering and R&D.
Good place to work in the area
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WIAugust 10, 2018
The work is not the best, but the people you work with are great. I can see the company improving in the near future. The Platteville are does not have much to offer however.