Esterline Employee Reviews

Standard Aerospace Company
Mason Control & Communication Systems (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CANovember 28, 2018
Very political. Management often gets involved without letting the system work itself. Frustrating to say the least. Wrong people are rewarded. Okay for the time being.
Fast pace work place
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 20, 2018
a typical day at work will start with morning stand up meetings with the work associates, followed by a management morning meeting, and walkthroughs to review daily performance. it is a fast pace company, you will need to be an energetic and multi tasking person. the senior direct senior management needed to be improve during the 2017, and at the start of 2018 prior to the sale of the business, their guidance and expectations were not clear, and changed too often.
Esterline is actually a pretty good place to work for
Purchasing Buyer (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAOctober 25, 2018
I am very grateful with Esterline. I learn everything I know in business. That is how I was able to accomplish my goal of receiving my BS in Business. I worked in various positions that helped me grow professionally. I think working for a place for 20 years one becomes complacent. I am ready for new work experience and challenges.
Pros
Work environmnet
Cons
could have paid a bit more
Out of Control in planning and purchasing.
Planning/ Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 25, 2018
The planning and purchasing department currently in Chaos. People want out as the things being rolled out are not being well executed. Trying to take BIG steps when they should be taking baby steps and ensuring each employee is properly trained. Lack of work instructions and other key materials needed so employees have the tools for success. Upper management needs to realize that people are there greatest assets. I dont think they have good upper management to lead teams for success.
Pros
Good worker bees
Cons
Poor management of worker bees
Old-school aerospace
Production (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAOctober 23, 2018
Good decisions take for ever to make and bad ones are made on the spot.

They live in a top-heavy complex organization where titles and egos are inflated but their talent is mediocre at best.
Good communication from the top levels.
Director, Operations, Engineering and Facilities (Former Employee) –  East Camden, AROctober 23, 2018
Maintain a solid work-life balance. Good opportunities for self starters, expectations are well understood with a focus on financial success. Very soft culture with an emphasis on respectful interpersonal behavior.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
None.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Buena ParkOctober 1, 2018
Norwich Buena Park Esterline facility, I wouldn’t recommend anyone working there. Management has favorites on who she wants to move forward in the company. If your an agency working in this company, don’t waste your time.
Pros
None if your a contractor
good memory
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2018
it was very enjoyable working here.
lunch was the best part of the day..
some days were very fast paced because there were grounded air planes the need a part 3 days ago.
Shipping cordinator (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 24, 2018
I loved working at esterline,People are great, management good. Benefits ok. I was there a long time and really don't have any complaints. They have great advancement potential and always keep you informed about company profits.
fun work place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 11, 2018
fun work place to work for- very professional atmosphere - senior management team pleasant people to work with - plenty of overtime for hourly work employees
Pros
good experience
Cons
good experience
Excellent Employer
Senior Trade Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 9, 2018
Wide variety of challenges. The space for career growth is unparelled. The United States Department of State has deemed their compliance program as "world class", and I tend to agree.
Unhealthy work place
V.P. of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 8, 2018
Poor management and culture. There is no focus on future growth of the company by looking at Technolgy for the future. The company was based on Engineering, and today the stradegy has changed and there is no value for engineering and R&D.
Good place to work in the area
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WIAugust 10, 2018
The work is not the best, but the people you work with are great. I can see the company improving in the near future. The Platteville are does not have much to offer however.
Great benefits, pay, no expunged felony records of any kind!
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  East Camden, ARAugust 10, 2018
I really liked the job. At times it was stressful, but nothing more than you can handle. You are expected to carry your weight and if you don't, they tell you. Benefits are excellent! Decent paychecks. Can't work here if you've ever had a felony conviction, EVEN IF IT'S EXPUNGED for years!!
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
At times, alot of hours, not working with expunged felony records
Depends on what you're looking for
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 9, 2018
This is a great and horrible place to work, depending on what you are looking for. For me, it is great because my hours are fairly flexible, and I can work from home if needed. The company functions by just putting out fires, and has very poor continuous improvement. They teach it, but do not act on it. There is zero follow through. If you look at the company on paper, it may look pretty good, but you can't judge a book by its cover. On the inside there are major issues, and absolutely no accountability. Mostly because of certain people, others want to do the right thing. People who work hard are under paid an unappreciated, and people, who come in, flick their boogers, and leave are just collecting. Bullies are not reprimanded, so if you don't have thick skin you will be ran over by a train. I stay for the flexibility, I have some good friends here, the hope things will get better, and I love what I do.
Pros
Flexible for some, great place to start career
Cons
No accountability, unappreciated, cheap
Productive great place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAAugust 6, 2018
There was a lot of work & if you were interested you would be able to take training courses.I loved that it was a 4/10 work week, 4 days a week 10 hour days . I enjoyed making parts for the defense of our country & doin the preventative maintenance on the machines.I got hazwoper training & C.P.R. Training ,also power washing training.
Pros
Had training classes to learn new stuff & get certified.
Cons
The pay could be better for being a government job.
Good company to work for
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 6, 2018
Responsible for planning, design and fabrication of aircraft control panels using EUCLID Solid Modeling Program which reduce the cost from design to order fulfillment for the company. Management compensation was adequate. Management had issues with non productive engineers.
Being able to keep work performance production
MOLDER (Former Employee) –  Castaic, CAJuly 25, 2018
Wrapping mandrels. In less then 15 minutes to make a full heats loading in and out the mold from the machine. Took me 2 weeks to master my ability to get quicker wrapping the product. Just to gathered my wrapping and speed to a moment of time to master in my position as a molder at esterline.
Career Progression and Workforce Development
Senior Director, Engineering (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 20, 2018
Great corporation to work for and plenty of opportunities for growth within other companies under the Esterline organization. The corporation has a great people philosophy and treats employees with respect.
Pros
People philosophy
Product worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAJuly 5, 2018
The work at esterline was very interesting I would most definitely recommend it to people who are interested in government contract work. It's a really good job.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not enough compassion for co-workers