Estes Express Lines

Estes Express Lines Employee Reviews

United States1,894 reviews

Found 1,894 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,900 reviews
terminaldockfreightdrivertrailerltlexpresstrucking

A company that cares about it's employees.

Featured review

Estes Express Lines selected this as a representative review
If you want to work for a company that cares about it's employees, goes the extra mile to make you feel part of the family and pays top wages. Then you found your forever work home. This is fast paced work environment that promotes from within, family oriented with a very fair management style. Long tenured employees at every terminal tells a lot in this day.

Pros

Great pay and healthcare, very busy company allows employees to work plenty of hours.

Cons

Freight industry is hard work.

Good money but turned a lot of drivers into owner ops

Money and benefits were good but, they had a new memo every week. Aggravated you to death. A lot of us turned into owner operators after leaving there.

Estes Express Lines insights

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Good pay

Love the job, have been here a few months, overall good place to work . Could be worse, get weekends off, home every night. I don't know what else to write that's mostly it

What is the best part of working at the company?Always workto do for the road. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Managers suck. The people that run the company don't know how to do the job, yet they will scrutinize you about how you do your job. Especially the home depot managers. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?No culture. The home depot don't know the first thing at delivery. Customers do the drivers wrong and home depot penalizes the driver at the life changing expense. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Easy without the worries of company managers. Only people needed in the building are those that make routes. Anybody else is a waste of money.

Productive fun place.

Good pay, good benefits, easy going laid back work. Night driving unless you have lots of seniority. Some runs 1.5-2 hour wait waiting for trailers or meet guy. Not paid anything. Break down pay but not detention pay for storms sitting in traffic for hours.

Like family

Working for Estes express lines feels like working with family. They provide an environment that provides plenty of support, understanding, and they always push you to do better and to achieve your goals.

Pros

Career growth, good pay

Cons

Hard work. It's not for everyone. If you want to work for Estes be ready to work.

Pay is good but management is not the best!

To much favoritism and managers spend more time watching employees on cameras rather then fix real issues and support. Management treats employees as robots and if you cant perform 100 percent your job is at risk.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

Power hungry managers, constantly on your back, no understanding for dock employees.

What is the best part of working at the company?Estes is very stable and treats you well. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The only stressful times with Estes are the gate times and business hours and limits of certain customers.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very positive and forward thinking. It’s a company who cares about its employees and customersWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?The day is consistently planned out and we try to stick to the plan

Consistent workload

Job was okay, I personally wanted a job that paid more. So I left . One of the better local companies. Benefits are okay, management aren’t too bad . You should be okay working here.

Good place for the money and the job. More turnover in management than drivers.

Great pay per mile and benefits aren't bad. I get my dispatch and hit the road. Not much office time. Do your job and what's expected and you won't have to deal with the poor management.

Pros

Good pay and benefits, new equipment, good self dispatch on your phone

Cons

poor management and leadership, poor communication, policies change on the fly

What is the best part of working at the company?You have a set schedule What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management and racists What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful, constantly walking on eggshells to have a job.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Unpredictable

For a trucking company this place is AWESOME

So the good; privately owned; debt free; easy to work for ( if you do your job), friendly environment; also the number 1; in an emergency situation they do all they can for you and work it out later.

Pros

No real forced dispatch, benefits are easy to deal with, there is plenty of work ( if you’re willing)

Cons

Unfortunately the equipment is getting tired

Just work they try to take that away

The worst two supervisors I have ever worked with in New Brighton MN but it’s not for me to judge I’ll leave that up to the people in charge. Does it really matter what we say or we just blowing smoke. What is real growth when the culture is bad and supervisors with no sense of purpose because they feel unappreciated speak up and be a man about your business. Minneapolis we need change and real people who actually give a F about us people it’s not always about money. Vision and change we deserve that in Minneapolis 🙏🏾

Pros

Pay

Cons

No overtime after 40 and 2 bad supervisors

What is the best part of working at the company?Great pay and benefits and normally each terminal functions as a familyWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The only thing stressful is when you fall behind and getting the loads taken care of and you have to work a lot of overtime that’s all sawWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?I said in the previous answer the function as a familyWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Good….easy The job is not hard just need a little common sense a day for me is just easy enjoy me usually have fun just overall a great job in a typical day is easy for me

Good pay for the job

Decent pay for the workload. Every place has it's ups and down, and this place it no different. Driving a forklift all day loading and unloading trucks. Management isn't too bad, but communication could definitely see an improvement.

Productive and fun workplace

Can be a bit overwhelming at times but over all not a bad experience at all coworkers are cool and management is great just have to be on top of your assignments

Great Company Great people

Amazing company! Office staff was amazing to me. Terminal manager was very reasonable and open to listening to employees. It was an honor working for Estes.. Sadly I had to leave

Incredible company to work for

Company is VERY worker oriented. Good to their drivers with appreciation thing frequently. Christmas gifts, regular raises, decent equipment. Most of the people here are very friendly.

Pros

Regularly have some sort of worker appreciation events. 2 raises a year.

Cons

Equipment can be old and break but usually repair quickly

Good but not great place to work

I loved my fellow workmates. HR was great, pay is great. the downside is you'll be working in extreme cold or Hot environments, overtime does not start until 50+ hours, and you'll be in a dirty environment. attendance policy is very strict, if you call off a day it wont fall off for a year. Also you only get 7 points an your terminated no questions asked. so attendance is huge.

Good benefits but poor atmosphere

Pay and benefits are good but management works to create a poor atmosphere and does nothing for training. Very unfair to employees and really don’t care.

Pros

Some decent benefits

Cons

Management is not fair with employees

Avoid at all cost

Just don't. This place ruined my life. They made it their personal mission to leave me with nothing. I would be homeless right now if it weren't for family. Only apply if you are related to someone who is in a high position. Nepotism is the key to survival at Estes.

Pros

Cons

Every single thing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estes Express Lines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Estes Express Lines.
Powered byComparably