Estes Forwarding Worldwide Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great ramp for my career
Truckload Broker (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 3, 2018
Working hard and playing hard is the motto! Really enjoy the team environment and also the growth we are having. Great bonus program at establishes myself as a key player on the team.
Pros
company culture
Cons
none at the time
Hard work pays off!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJune 13, 2018
EFW has been a very great company to work for, even working for a satellite station. I learned everything I know about the 3PL industry from the experience and training I was given here. Management is there to support you, but you need to be ready to work. The harder you work, the more compensation you will receive in the form of a quarterly bonus payout. The company is currently expanding in many facets, and I was fortunate enough to jump on board at a good time. The hours are normal business hours, and you are not pressured or expected to work after hours or on weekends. You get to work with some big name clients, and people from all over the country.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Great Bonus Structure
Truckload Brokerage Department
Manager (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJune 13, 2018
Started with the company a few years ago. If you are willing to put the work in, you have the freedom to make a lot of money. Incentive plans are great for Account Managers in the Truckload Division, starting rate is aligned with industry. Team atmosphere is important. You cannot be fully successful unless you can work as a team. Busy, fast pace, but again if you can handle a fast pace environment, this company really gives you the freedom to find your own way to solve problems (with guidance along the way). Need to be self sufficient and cannot ride coat tails. You are able to get a pay increase/promoted if you can work! Good 401k, match after 1 year. If you are able to come to work, to work, managers/executive team will take care of you and give you everything you need to succeed.
Pros
Freedom, Fun, Fast Paced, New Challanges Daily
Cons
Weekend/After Hours Sometimes- But get OT.
Not a place to work if you want to advance
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2017
Company is all about nepotism. If you are not a friend or family member of someone in corporate you will not advance up the ladder. They would rather let their important employees go for cheaper labor as they feel their work model is more important than employees. I would NEVER recommend that anyone pursues a career there.
Pros
Free lunches if you are in a profitable terminal. That is usually provided by the carriers
Cons
Horrible corporate staff who do not care about employees
High paced environment good relationships with coworkers
Truckload Brokerage account manager (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 24, 2017
Poor management, nepotism, long hours,hostile environment, employees do not have a say in decisions that may be better more efficient for the company. Management set in their ways
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
No future for advancement, long hours zero appreciation
horrible company
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2017
if you are not with the in crowd.. forget about any fair treatment.
low pay. nepotism and favoritism.

brown nosing is encouraged. no room for advancement.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 3, 2017
I enjoy almost every day here. Never the same and you have to care about the customer. It is hard for people to understand how difficult it is for a company to get that large product from one side of the country to the other in a short amount of time. We aren't shipping shoe boxes and people tend to forget a sofa is not the same as a purse. Hardest part is the complexity of shipping, always interesting however not easy.
Pros
People are great, managers care - always watching out for our stress
Cons
Customers don't understand, always explaining 8 piece outdoor furniture set won't fit in their mailbox
Awful Manager
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2017
One manager in particular, if he felt threaten he would get rid of you after letting you work all day. He called the temp agency stating your assignment ended while in peak season causing the team to be over worked and stress out. I really think this was a coward move. He really didn't help out but just talk a good game.
Pros
Did a lot of fun activities
Cons
the pay
Growth and moment potential
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 20, 2017
see opportunity with org. plenty of room to grow. will benefit with Technology and diversity of Leadership. Being a young org growth is available to all who desire to move
Pros
fast paced, growth, young org
Cons
young org, plenty of improvement areas
Not bad No warning before let go
Account Manager II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 26, 2017
I would be cautious about working here. Let go with no notice or warning. The head of Human resources is a lawyer so everything you say will be used against you
Pros
lots of free perks
Cons
management not sure
Fast pace, pleasant and enjoyable
Operations Specialist/Domestic Tracking (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2017
Great environment, nice employees and a fast moving workday. This is a good opportunity for those with good communication skills. The company offers great benefits and perks, to go along with a very competitive base pay.
Very weird
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 9, 2017
Interviewed for a job here twice. After acing interview was called the next day about going to lunch... Didn't know what going to lunch would do, but i was told it would give them a chance to get to know me. After taking the next day for lunch and being ask personal questions about "am i married, kids? Where did you grow up?" This was for a customer service job. In a nut shell. Something's not right with these guys. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Got a free lunch in exchange for personal business.
Cons
Gut feeling something shady.
Do NOT work for the truckload department
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Save yourself a huge headache and do NOT work at the Jacksonville, FL or Swedesboro, NJ locations for truckload.
You WILL be overworked, you WILL be underpaid, and you will be expected to work on weekends, evenings, while you're on vacation etc. Expect to be taken advantage of and expect to make up for the lack of effort of others constantly.

The rest of the company is fine for the most part, but STAY AWAY from Truckload.
Great place!
Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 23, 2016
I worked with a small group, which was very different from what I was used to. It was a little to quiet for me. I loved my boss and coworkers. The job itself was not challenging enough for me.
Great place to work!
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2016
I absoluetly love working for this company. They are very fun and family oriented business. As long as you put in effort, hard-work adn dedication, you will see advancements and pay raises.
A waste of years
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJJuly 6, 2016
A clueless company lead by incompetent, and malicious management. If you choose to work here keep in mind that you will be an on call employee. This consistently boiled down to me working 7 days a week, and being woke up in the middle of the night by truck drivers. On top of this management can be extremely hostile and employees can do very little because of a broken HR system.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No work life balance, lacking salaries, no room for advancement, vulgar environment, expetation of a 7 day work week, nepotism
Decent Company
Customer Information Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2015
Co-workers are great to work with and the environment can be fun. Typical day. Learned a lot and management is good. Hardest part is the hours and best part is the people
Company unstable
Operations Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAOctober 9, 2014
I am in search of a company with a true team environment where everyone pulls their own weight. I am a very hard-working, adaptable employee who is on-time every day.
Pros
salary, paid time off
Cons
unstable corporate management structure
Dead end job with poor management
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grapevine TexasOctober 3, 2014
The management structure is less than ideal. There is no clear direction and the pay is low.
Great Place to work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2014
Great place to work, family oriented. Flexible with hours and work/life balance.