Esurance Employee Reviews

Turnstyle Office
Multi-State Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2018
Unless you are really hard up for money, I would stay away. Low pay, poor management, and work you to the bone. Lots of over promises and under delivers.
Pros
Cool co-workers
Cons
everything else
Esurance
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 12, 2018
The training was a challenge. No help until you actually passed the Adjuster's licencing test. It was a self study course with no questions to be answered. After passing then you were trained to service esurance claims.
Review skipped
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2018
My review is no longer applicable since the employment relationship is over three years.

I don't want to project inaccurate review for current state of the company.
A Good Start in the Insurance World
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 7, 2018
This is for someone who is wanting to start in the insurance industry but by no means for a long term career. There are more aspects to having the certifications that esurance doesn't want anyone to exercise all at once.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
insurance and pay
Customer Service for Auto Insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2018
Taking many calls one after the other with payments and questions etc. Management was very helpful they were there for you if you needed them. The hardest was having to do underwriting for the company which was done by others and giving to CS to save money I guess.
Pros
Wah
Cons
Underwriter
A fine place to work
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCMay 29, 2018
Call center with heavy volume. Pretty sure calls routed based on favoritism, resulting in a hard to obtain conversion percentage. Very nice people.

Recent changes caused commission to greatly decrease and turnover to be higher.
Hubba Hubba
Material Damages Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 25, 2018
I worked in what is considered the hub of Esurance. The team was small but we got a lot accomplished in a little time. This company was expanding and with expansions there are hiccups, well what about a full hacking cough. More computer system issues then any other company I have worked for. I assisted shops, customers will their estimates and supplements of their damaged vehicles, I issued checks, was over the photo cue, meaning customer emailed their damaged vehicle photos to a link, then I assigned their task to an Auto Appraiser.
Pros
the breakroom, does that count? The new carpet.
Cons
Overwhelmed, we had work pouring out of our ears, the team and I. It was only 6 of us, we were so backed up, management was constantly yelling at our supervisor, there are only 6 members to that team and every few months, a see a slot open on that team, Smh
Never felt appreciated
Licensed Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 14, 2018
Felt more like a number then an employee. I did enjoy working with my fellow team mates and it was great place to work before it was bought out by All state.
Great company, wonderful environment
Rapid Response (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 4, 2018
I cant speak highly enough about working at Esurance...they job is what you make of it. If you go in with a poor attitude, you're going to have a poor time.

I have nothing bad to say about this job....they were fair, paid well, and it was fun to be there
Pros
Cons
Health Insurance is a little expensive
Fun place to work
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 30, 2018
Call center but it doesn't feel like it. Great benefits and wonderful people to work with. You sell insurance or are a customer service representative. Its a great company
Mismanaged Company income decreased over time
Member of The Esurance Agent Council (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2018
Have never witnessed such an extremely poorly managed company that changes direction all the time.

Company advertises they have great technology when in fact is worst ever witnessed in years of insurance and financial services industries.

System is old and the new Stardust system they were touting three years ago never came to fruition after countless waste of funding.

Agents complain constantly to management how system changes prices for customers for no reason at all.

Was making 25% less in 2018 than 2017 despite being a top tier producer in 2017 between higher health insurance costs (plan has very high premiums and very high deductibles and is horrible as well.

Just complete dysfunction in sales management within the company, Sales managers are only managing extremely small teams taking away income from sales force, lowest sales manager to sales people ration in entire career by far ever witnessed.

Middle management all comes from customer service and no clue about products or sales.

Extremely high turnover rate at company due to poor management and significant pay cuts to sales force despite company having managers tell sales force when company gets profitable will be more money for everyone.

Unless you want to keep working harder and harder for less and less avoid this place like the plague
Pros
occassional free food, was short commute
Cons
had to work nights, weekends, holidays miss lot of family events
Esurance Inc
IT Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2018
Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets or phone
Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms
Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
do not work there
Greenville - Licensed Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 17, 2018
Place is a cesspool and you will hate your life if you work here find something else most of the positive reviews are fake. I would say it is terrible and always will be you are dealing with the worst customers and even worse management.
Pros
quitting
Cons
everything else
Happy Employee
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2018
I really enjoy the work that I'm given at Esurance. I love the people I work with, my direct leader as well as senior leadership. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help and encourage you to go outside of your comfort zone.
Good for Analytics
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 14, 2018
Lots of great strategic challenges to address (which is good for analysts!). A great BI team to support our work, and good people to work with. Good work / life balance, certainly not a pressure-cooker atmosphere, but also not slow. I've learned a ton working at Esurance.
Official response from Esurance
April 26, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re glad you’ve been able to learn and have fun along the way while meeting good people to work with.

nice experince
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 12, 2018
Pros

Great 401k + Co. Match, Flexible work arrangements, great benefits at low costs for employee only, leadership who listens and works on making things happen, excellent bonus (paid out annually) and fun / friendly colleagues.

Cons

Make the CEO more visible - there used to be live videos / town-halls but those have seemed to not happen anymore. Visibility of Sr Leadership is really nice.
Esurance is a great place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 11, 2018
Esurance Insurance Company is a great place to work. Diversity and collaboration is amazing. This is a customer focused and innovative company that treats both employees and customers well.
Pros
Great enviorment, work at home opportunities
Cons
Medical benefits are high deductible plans, bonuses and increase in pay are inconsistent, there are not many opportunites currently for advancement.
An overall great company to work for.
Insurance Field Appraiser/Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2018
Even though I thought the local management was prejudice. The overall company was a great company to work for. They have great benefits and the salaries are good.
Pros
Great overall company
Cons
Local Management is sometimes not too great.
Great Company
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2018
Nothing but good things to say, a constantly innovating organization. Always the possibility for change, but usually in a good way. Lots of opportunity if you apply yourself.
N/a
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 26, 2018
Esurance's office is in Bridgewater, New Jersey, I do not remember much about working there. They write automobile insurance in a variety of states.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Esurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight