Esurance Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Enjoyed it
Arbitration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CASeptember 15, 2018
Enjoyed working at my job in my position. Not sure how long Esurance will stay in California with it's parent company, Allstate, already moving their last claims office to Arizona.
Pros
good work/family balance
Cons
Job security
Great Place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 11, 2018
The people are great to work with. Esurance does a great job of promoting from within and assisting in career pathing. They are flexible with for family life.
Descent place to work
Licensing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 28, 2018
I have worked here a very long time so I am biased. When I first started I thought it was the greatest Company around. In my opinion, there isn't really much room to move up in the Company. When Internal positions arise, it seems they already chosen who they want before you even get to apply. I am speaking Internally of course.
Benefits used to be Awesome! Now I work for my benefits. Sucky Kaiser plan.
Family work life balance is a plus here though. They are very understanding about having to take time off for family, kids, etc...and the hours are pretty descent unless you work in claims. The company does a lot of volunteer work and that is pretty cool.
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback about your employee experience. We're always looking for ways to improve it.

Constant Change
Sales Agent II/Wellness Champion Tampa Office (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2018
Targets and goals constantly change, which usually is not a problem, but when you adjust your methods to reach the goal it could be used against you. Even with managers knowledge and consent you will be on your own when something is challenged or changed
they pay well, good management, appreciated, opportunities if you like
working folk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2018
Good place to work, they will challenge you, help you develop, demand a lot, but reward well too. Altogether industry competitive, good management comparatively.
Pros
good pay, good management, opportunity
Cons
limited transfer options, demanding
Fun and friendly office
Inbound/ outbound specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 10, 2018
Everyone at Esurance had a personal cubicle with phone and computer, we would make calls and talk to customers and sales representatives. Esurance was laid back and easy to work for.
Esurance
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 30, 2018
The culture was good while working there. There was no reason for our contract ending however. There was a clear distinction between the temps and the full time people.
My review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 22, 2018
Lot of changes that affected the company ina negative way. They are trying to better those changes though. I lik the option of working from home. It’s convinient and makes life a little bit easier while working from home.
Pros
Great benefits and the option to work from home
Cons
Short breaks and lunches
July 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we appreciate it. With the changes being made, we are trying to better the culture and company overall. Although change can be hard, they’re necessary to get where we want to be as a company.

Good work enviroment
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 20, 2018
This is a good place to work. Relaxed, casual atmosphere. Traditional Tier 1 / 2 service desk, Medium call volume, approximately 18 - 25 calls a day.
Poor Advancement
Customer Service Representative Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 19, 2018
Poor advancement opportunities, micromanaged, poor workplace culture, small company feeling is gone, too corporate, you're just another number, compensation poor for the area.

Want to know more about Esurance?

Ask a question
Great people, interesting work. But too corporate
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 11, 2018
Peers and low-to-mid level management are all great. Smart, supportive, fun to work with. Working on the software side of insurance is strangely fascinating...I don't think it's like "typical" insurance work. My boss supports work/life balance really well, with flex scheduling, and regular work-at-home opportunities. My only dissatisfaction is around decisions made at the senior level. Promotions seem to go to favored employees as opposed to the most deserving. Sometimes one can be made to feel like his or her role, team, or even department is completely invisible until something has been done incorrectly - then EVERYONE knows who that individual/team/department is, and only based on the negative instance. Any prior high quality work is ignored. Really depressing at times.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, office culture
Cons
Senior management, Medical Benefits, Compensation
July 18, 2018

We agree - we have the best associates in the industry. Our teammates make Esurance a fun place to work. And, it sounds like you enjoy what you do. We are committed to making a great place to work even better and your feedback in invaluable to us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on what you like about your role with Esurance and what we can do to get better. We sincerely appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts!

coming to work to help associates with their concerns
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 21, 2018
I loved my job coming to work to help associates with their work
interacting with the associates and their concerns
being able to learn on the job My supervisor was great
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
5 minute meetings once a week
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your review! It sounds like you really liked what you did while working here and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience.

high turn over
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 20, 2018
This is a typical call center environment in which they expect the sales members to rotate through the job every year on average. It was rare to see anyone stick around longer than 3 years. The job is very demanding as the call volume never stops and it's one call after another with minimal downtime. They do offer great benefits and decent pay, but don't plan on staying long it's just next to impossible to endure the volume expected with the sales expectations.
July 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your Esurance experience. Our sales and service teams work hard to assist our customers with finding the right coverage at the right price and it's definitely a fast-paced environment, but one that comes with great teammates who are willing to support you and a sense of accomplishment from helping our customers thrive in the modern world. Thank you again for taking your time to provide your input here. We sincerely appreciate it.

Turnstyle Office
Multi-State Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2018
Unless you are really hard up for money, I would stay away. Low pay, poor management, and work you to the bone. Lots of over promises and under delivers.
Pros
Cool co-workers
Cons
everything else
July 18, 2018

We agree that we have great associates in all of our offices. We offer challenging, fast-paced roles that allow you to help our customers thrive in the modern world - whether you're working in Sales, Service or Claims. We continually review our total compensation packages, which include paid time off, salaries and health insurance, as well as other great employee benefits, to ensure they're market-competitive. Thank you for your feedback! We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to share your experiences.

Esurance
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 12, 2018
The training was a challenge. No help until you actually passed the Adjuster's licencing test. It was a self study course with no questions to be answered. After passing then you were trained to service esurance claims.
July 18, 2018

We provide our associates with the training they need to be successful and grow their career while delivering an exceptional Esurance experience to our customers. We understand that learning a new role is never easy, but our claims professionals are in a unique position to help our customers when they need us most, so we want to ensure they're prepared to do just that. Thank you for you review - we appreciate it!

Review skipped
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2018
My review is no longer applicable since the employment relationship is over three years.

I don't want to project inaccurate review for current state of the company.
A Good Start in the Insurance World
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 7, 2018
This is for someone who is wanting to start in the insurance industry but by no means for a long term career. There are more aspects to having the certifications that esurance doesn't want anyone to exercise all at once.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
insurance and pay
July 18, 2018

We want Esurance to be a place where our outstanding associates stay and grow their career for years to come. Our new Claims career paths will help you do just that! Thank you for your review and helpful feedback - we'll use it to make a great place to work even better.

Customer Service for Auto Insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2018
Taking many calls one after the other with payments and questions etc. Management was very helpful they were there for you if you needed them. The hardest was having to do underwriting for the company which was done by others and giving to CS to save money I guess.
Pros
Wah
Cons
Underwriter
July 18, 2018

Thanks for taking your time to share your Esurance experience. We sincerely appreciate your feedback!

A fine place to work
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCMay 29, 2018
Call center with heavy volume. Pretty sure calls routed based on favoritism, resulting in a hard to obtain conversion percentage. Very nice people.

Recent changes caused commission to greatly decrease and turnover to be higher.
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your review! We continually review our processes for improvement opportunities, to ensure that they're as streamlined and efficient as possible for our customers and associates. We also look at our salary structures and total compensation packages on a regular basis to ensure we remain competitive within the market. We appreciate your feedback!

Hubba Hubba
Material Damages Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 25, 2018
I worked in what is considered the hub of Esurance. The team was small but we got a lot accomplished in a little time. This company was expanding and with expansions there are hiccups, well what about a full hacking cough. More computer system issues then any other company I have worked for. I assisted shops, customers will their estimates and supplements of their damaged vehicles, I issued checks, was over the photo cue, meaning customer emailed their damaged vehicle photos to a link, then I assigned their task to an Auto Appraiser.
Pros
the breakroom, does that count? The new carpet.
Cons
Overwhelmed, we had work pouring out of our ears, the team and I. It was only 6 of us, we were so backed up, management was constantly yelling at our supervisor, there are only 6 members to that team and every few months, a see a slot open on that team, Smh
July 18, 2018

Technology issues are definitely frustrating and we're continually investing in our systems to make them as efficient and easy to use as possible. Thank you for sharing your Esurance experience and for caring for our customers while you were an associate here. We appreciate your feedback and we'll use it to keep getting better for our associates and customers.