Esurance Employee Reviews

Poor claims department
Senior Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2018
Of all the insurance companies I have worked for this was the worst. There was a void in management and they let the file compliance/audit run the department.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not what you had hoped for as an Esurance associate. Our claims organization works very hard - across every area of the business unit - to deliver the best possible outcome on every claim for our customers, which is our ultimate goal. We wish you the best with your future opportunities and thank you for your contributions while here at Esurance.

esurance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2018
good company to work for but they dont give you any slack if you miss days even if its a family emergency. The commission is really good and there is room for growth
Pros
no slack for attendance
Cons
money
November 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Here at Esurance we understand that work/life balance is important. We regularly look for feedback for ideas in how to create that balance. We try to be as accommodating as possible by offering flex time, emergency time, VTO, PTO and shift swapping. While we do try to accommodate and be flexible, we also need to make sure that our customers are taken care of and that we have staff available to assist them which can at times not allow for as much flexibility or options. We are glad you found the ability to earn and grow a positive. We believe that we have a very competitive incentive program and as a growing company, many opportunities to advance your career with us!

Good Training and Supportive Workplace
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 22, 2018
Management is very good and supportive. Good benefits. Good training program in obtaining licenses. Workplace culture is focused on being all inclusive. Call center work can be challenging in taking many calls each day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Competitive business
November 5, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. Having inspired associates is a key priority of ours and creating a fun an engaging culture centered around of inclusiveness and support is important to making this priority a reality. We understand that this work may not be for everyone, but many find it very rewarding and fulfilling. Thanks for the feedback!

Esurance
Subrogation claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 15, 2018
We always had productive days at work. Always work to be done. The management at Esurance is fair, open door policy and always promoting the team. You can tell it was important for us to succeed so management would put time in to us. Hardest part of this job was leaving for me. I was at Esurance for just about 10 years and had to move for family reasons. I would go back to work for Esurance if the opportunity were to come around.

The most Enjoyable part of the job was that the team. Good sense of worthiness and accountability.

Our department was always up for a celebration of some kind for Pot Luck.
Pros
Managment, It, Peers
Cons
promotions are difficult
October 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your associate experience with us. We agree that Esurance is a great place to work and we're always striving to create a better experience for our associates. Our new career paths (coming soon to the Subrogation department) will allow for more professional development opportunities.

Cannot Trust
Sales Agent Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 7, 2018
Terrible culture. No integrity or ethics in management, especially mid to upper management. Lying to employees and exploitation is the norm. It is a disposable labor operation. Advancement is done based on favoritism, not qualifications, knowledge or contribution. They put requirements in place that contradict each other. It is set up so that no matter how good the employee is they always have a way to come back on employee so they can run them out the door. They mess with schedules and split up teams constantly, to keep people off balance.
October 15, 2018

We thank you for your feedback and are sorry you feel the way you do. Ethics and integrity are very important to us as is our workplace culture. We provide regular training to all of our associates in regards to ethics and integrity and pride ourselves on being a company that operates in that manner. When it comes to culture we believe that having a strong culture starts with having inspired and engaged people. Lying and exploitation are not how we achieve this and are not practices we partake in. Being transparent to our customers and our associates is important. We regularly look for and encourage feedback from our associates on how we can continue to be a great place to work, and how we can help our leaders improve in the support they give. Part of providing strong support is setting clear expectations and helping our associates understand what success looks like in their role. In many cases this includes creating balance between multiple metrics. This balance is necessary to create a great customer experience, write good business, meet sales goals, and satisfy state regulations. We are proud of what our agents are able to accomplish in meeting these needs and creating that balance.

Esurance is a growing company and with that comes opportunity to grow in your career. We support our associates in their journey to grow and move into new roles. We also encourage them to create individual development plans to build on their skillsets. When looking to fill positions we often involve multiple interviewers to help provide different insights. We routinely look at production and  more... gather feedback from previous leaders and also from peers, and are very thorough in our process. This is all done to ensure we are making the right choice and selecting the best candidate for the role.

Lastly we know change is difficult. This is even truer when it comes to changes in schedules. As we know this is a concern we work to create as much consistency in schedules as possible to allow for our agents to be comfortable in their routine. We regularly have voluntary mini-shiftbids to allow for agents to move into a different shift of their choosing or stay in their current. We have had some team changes lately. We know these are not easy, but the goal here is to better align schedules with leadership to ensure all of our sales agents are getting better support throughout the day. This was done based on agent feedback we received and saw the importance in making these adjustments.

We thank you for your feedback and we will continue to strive to make Esurance a great place to work and a place where people can feel inspired.

Swamp IT culture
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoOctober 2, 2018
If you are part of the tribal, you will have the favoritism. It does not matter how you knowledge is ( and real contribution is), if you are not the echo chamber , you will be showing the door once you are considered you have no value after 6 month or a year. ( very unethical, and exploiting)
Pros
initial salary is ok
Cons
swamp culture
October 21, 2018

We are so sorry to hear that your associate experience was not what you had hoped for and we appreciate your honest feedback. We'll take it to heart as we work to continuously improve the environment and culture we all work in. We wish you the very best in your new job.

Review of Esurance
Licensed Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 26, 2018
I was lead to believe that the job I would be doing was different than what I was doing when I obtained the job. The benefits are not good, the hours are late night and if that was not something you desired it did not matter you were forced to keep the schedule. You were trained but the training was not always consistent with the job that you actually did. I was not told I would be working in a call center. I was told I would be an adjuster found out later that I would be on the phones.
Cons
no good benefits, management was not for the employers
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear your Esurance experience was not what you had hoped it would be. Caring for our customers is definitely a challenging job, but it's also very rewarding. Our claims professionals in Rapid Response are the first Esurance associates our customers interact with when they have a loss and they are responsible for initiating the claims process for our customers. We are constantly looking for ways to continuously improve our hiring, onboarding, and training programs so that new associates fully understand their role and responsibilities and are prepared for the work they do on a daily basis.

Relaxed atmosphere but no work life balance
Licensed Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 20, 2018
Very fast paced, a lot of work for each claim, have adjusters license but this is a call center. Not enough flexibility for time off when needed. The management is great.
Pros
Cons
No time off ever available
October 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your employment experience here at Esurance. We agree that our leadership team in Claims (and across the company) is great! They are always looking for ways to improve the associate experience and the Rapid Response leadership team is currently looking for ways to increase scheduling flexibility while maintaining our ability to care for our customers when they need us most.

Enjoyed it
Arbitration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CASeptember 15, 2018
Enjoyed working at my job in my position. Not sure how long Esurance will stay in California with it's parent company, Allstate, already moving their last claims office to Arizona.
Pros
good work/family balance
Cons
Job security
October 1, 2018

We're so glad to hear you are enjoying your Esurance experience as an arbitration specialist in our Rocklin, CA office.

Great Place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 11, 2018
The people are great to work with. Esurance does a great job of promoting from within and assisting in career pathing. They are flexible with for family life.
October 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your associate experience with us. We're glad you enjoyed your time here and we wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

Descent place to work
Licensing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 28, 2018
I have worked here a very long time so I am biased. When I first started I thought it was the greatest Company around. In my opinion, there isn't really much room to move up in the Company. When Internal positions arise, it seems they already chosen who they want before you even get to apply. I am speaking Internally of course.
Benefits used to be Awesome! Now I work for my benefits. Sucky Kaiser plan.
Family work life balance is a plus here though. They are very understanding about having to take time off for family, kids, etc...and the hours are pretty descent unless you work in claims. The company does a lot of volunteer work and that is pretty cool.
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback about your employee experience. We're always looking for ways to improve it.

Constant Change
Sales Agent II/Wellness Champion Tampa Office (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2018
Targets and goals constantly change, which usually is not a problem, but when you adjust your methods to reach the goal it could be used against you. Even with managers knowledge and consent you will be on your own when something is challenged or changed
October 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. With the pace of change growing exponentially in the global marketplace, we at Esurance must keep up, too. But that's what makes it fun to come to work with our colleagues as we work to #WinTogether!

they pay well, good management, appreciated, opportunities if you like
working folk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2018
Good place to work, they will challenge you, help you develop, demand a lot, but reward well too. Altogether industry competitive, good management comparatively.
Pros
good pay, good management, opportunity
Cons
limited transfer options, demanding
October 2, 2018

We're so glad to hear you enjoy working for Esurance! We agree that it's a great place to be for all the reasons you list - it's challenging, rewarding and a place that's committed to developing our associates. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Fun and friendly office
Inbound/ outbound specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 10, 2018
Everyone at Esurance had a personal cubicle with phone and computer, we would make calls and talk to customers and sales representatives. Esurance was laid back and easy to work for.
Esurance
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 30, 2018
The culture was good while working there. There was no reason for our contract ending however. There was a clear distinction between the temps and the full time people.
October 2, 2018

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the Esurance culture while you were here. Thank you for caring for our customers during your temporary tenure. We appreciate your efforts.

My review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 22, 2018
Lot of changes that affected the company ina negative way. They are trying to better those changes though. I lik the option of working from home. It’s convinient and makes life a little bit easier while working from home.
Pros
Great benefits and the option to work from home
Cons
Short breaks and lunches
July 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we appreciate it. With the changes being made, we are trying to better the culture and company overall. Although change can be hard, they’re necessary to get where we want to be as a company.

October 21, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts - we really do appreciate it and we're glad you can see our ongoing efforts to improve the Esurance associate experience.

Good work enviroment
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 20, 2018
This is a good place to work. Relaxed, casual atmosphere. Traditional Tier 1 / 2 service desk, Medium call volume, approximately 18 - 25 calls a day.
Poor Advancement
Customer Service Representative Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 19, 2018
Poor advancement opportunities, micromanaged, poor workplace culture, small company feeling is gone, too corporate, you're just another number, compensation poor for the area.
October 21, 2018

We're sorry to hear that your associate experience wasn't what you had hoped for and we wish you the very best in your future efforts. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Great people, interesting work. But too corporate
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 11, 2018
Peers and low-to-mid level management are all great. Smart, supportive, fun to work with. Working on the software side of insurance is strangely fascinating...I don't think it's like "typical" insurance work. My boss supports work/life balance really well, with flex scheduling, and regular work-at-home opportunities. My only dissatisfaction is around decisions made at the senior level. Promotions seem to go to favored employees as opposed to the most deserving. Sometimes one can be made to feel like his or her role, team, or even department is completely invisible until something has been done incorrectly - then EVERYONE knows who that individual/team/department is, and only based on the negative instance. Any prior high quality work is ignored. Really depressing at times.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, office culture
Cons
Senior management, Medical Benefits, Compensation
July 18, 2018

We agree - we have the best associates in the industry. Our teammates make Esurance a fun place to work. And, it sounds like you enjoy what you do. We are committed to making a great place to work even better and your feedback in invaluable to us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on what you like about your role with Esurance and what we can do to get better. We sincerely appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts!

coming to work to help associates with their concerns
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 21, 2018
I loved my job coming to work to help associates with their work
interacting with the associates and their concerns
being able to learn on the job My supervisor was great
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
5 minute meetings once a week
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your review! It sounds like you really liked what you did while working here and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Esurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight