Esurance Employee Reviews

Great people, interesting work. But too corporate
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 11, 2018
Peers and low-to-mid level management are all great. Smart, supportive, fun to work with. Working on the software side of insurance is strangely fascinating...I don't think it's like "typical" insurance work. My boss supports work/life balance really well, with flex scheduling, and regular work-at-home opportunities. My only dissatisfaction is around decisions made at the senior level. Promotions seem to go to favored employees as opposed to the most deserving. Sometimes one can be made to feel like his or her role, team, or even department is completely invisible until something has been done incorrectly - then EVERYONE knows who that individual/team/department is, and only based on the negative instance. Any prior high quality work is ignored. Really depressing at times.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, office culture
Cons
Senior management, Medical Benefits, Compensation
July 18, 2018

We agree - we have the best associates in the industry. Our teammates make Esurance a fun place to work. And, it sounds like you enjoy what you do. We are committed to making a great place to work even better and your feedback in invaluable to us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on what you like about your role with Esurance and what we can do to get better. We sincerely appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts!

Cannot Trust
Sales Agent Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 7, 2018
Terrible culture. No integrity or ethics in management, especially mid to upper management. Lying to employees and exploitation is the norm. It is a disposable labor operation. Advancement is done based on favoritism, not qualifications, knowledge or contribution. They put requirements in place that contradict each other. It is set up so that no matter how good the employee is they always have a way to come back on employee so they can run them out the door. They mess with schedules and split up teams constantly, to keep people off balance.
October 15, 2018

We thank you for your feedback and are sorry you feel the way you do. Ethics and integrity are very important to us as is our workplace culture. We provide regular training to all of our associates in regards to ethics and integrity and pride ourselves on being a company that operates in that manner. When it comes to culture we believe that having a strong culture starts with having inspired and engaged people. Lying and exploitation are not how we achieve this and are not practices we partake in. Being transparent to our customers and our associates is important. We regularly look for and encourage feedback from our associates on how we can continue to be a great place to work, and how we can help our leaders improve in the support they give. Part of providing strong support is setting clear expectations and helping our associates understand what success looks like in their role. In many cases this includes creating balance between multiple metrics. This balance is necessary to create a great customer experience, write good business, meet sales goals, and satisfy state regulations. We are proud of what our agents are able to accomplish in meeting these needs and creating that balance.

Esurance is a growing company and with that comes opportunity to grow in your career. We support our associates in their journey to grow and move into new roles. We also encourage them to create individual development plans to build on their skillsets. When looking to fill positions we often involve multiple interviewers to help provide different insights. We routinely look at production and  more... gather feedback from previous leaders and also from peers, and are very thorough in our process. This is all done to ensure we are making the right choice and selecting the best candidate for the role.

Lastly we know change is difficult. This is even truer when it comes to changes in schedules. As we know this is a concern we work to create as much consistency in schedules as possible to allow for our agents to be comfortable in their routine. We regularly have voluntary mini-shiftbids to allow for agents to move into a different shift of their choosing or stay in their current. We have had some team changes lately. We know these are not easy, but the goal here is to better align schedules with leadership to ensure all of our sales agents are getting better support throughout the day. This was done based on agent feedback we received and saw the importance in making these adjustments.

We thank you for your feedback and we will continue to strive to make Esurance a great place to work and a place where people can feel inspired.

Esurance
Subrogation claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 15, 2018
We always had productive days at work. Always work to be done. The management at Esurance is fair, open door policy and always promoting the team. You can tell it was important for us to succeed so management would put time in to us. Hardest part of this job was leaving for me. I was at Esurance for just about 10 years and had to move for family reasons. I would go back to work for Esurance if the opportunity were to come around.

The most Enjoyable part of the job was that the team. Good sense of worthiness and accountability.

Our department was always up for a celebration of some kind for Pot Luck.
Pros
Managment, It, Peers
Cons
promotions are difficult
October 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your associate experience with us. We agree that Esurance is a great place to work and we're always striving to create a better experience for our associates. Our new career paths (coming soon to the Subrogation department) will allow for more professional development opportunities.

Descent place to work
Licensing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 28, 2018
I have worked here a very long time so I am biased. When I first started I thought it was the greatest Company around. In my opinion, there isn't really much room to move up in the Company. When Internal positions arise, it seems they already chosen who they want before you even get to apply. I am speaking Internally of course.
Benefits used to be Awesome! Now I work for my benefits. Sucky Kaiser plan.
Family work life balance is a plus here though. They are very understanding about having to take time off for family, kids, etc...and the hours are pretty descent unless you work in claims. The company does a lot of volunteer work and that is pretty cool.
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback about your employee experience. We're always looking for ways to improve it.

Good Training and Supportive Workplace
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 22, 2018
Management is very good and supportive. Good benefits. Good training program in obtaining licenses. Workplace culture is focused on being all inclusive. Call center work can be challenging in taking many calls each day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Competitive business
November 5, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. Having inspired associates is a key priority of ours and creating a fun an engaging culture centered around of inclusiveness and support is important to making this priority a reality. We understand that this work may not be for everyone, but many find it very rewarding and fulfilling. Thanks for the feedback!

Hubba Hubba
Material Damages Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 25, 2018
I worked in what is considered the hub of Esurance. The team was small but we got a lot accomplished in a little time. This company was expanding and with expansions there are hiccups, well what about a full hacking cough. More computer system issues then any other company I have worked for. I assisted shops, customers will their estimates and supplements of their damaged vehicles, I issued checks, was over the photo cue, meaning customer emailed their damaged vehicle photos to a link, then I assigned their task to an Auto Appraiser.
Pros
the breakroom, does that count? The new carpet.
Cons
Overwhelmed, we had work pouring out of our ears, the team and I. It was only 6 of us, we were so backed up, management was constantly yelling at our supervisor, there are only 6 members to that team and every few months, a see a slot open on that team, Smh
July 18, 2018

Technology issues are definitely frustrating and we're continually investing in our systems to make them as efficient and easy to use as possible. Thank you for sharing your Esurance experience and for caring for our customers while you were an associate here. We appreciate your feedback and we'll use it to keep getting better for our associates and customers.

Review of Esurance
Licensed Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 26, 2018
I was lead to believe that the job I would be doing was different than what I was doing when I obtained the job. The benefits are not good, the hours are late night and if that was not something you desired it did not matter you were forced to keep the schedule. You were trained but the training was not always consistent with the job that you actually did. I was not told I would be working in a call center. I was told I would be an adjuster found out later that I would be on the phones.
Cons
no good benefits, management was not for the employers
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear your Esurance experience was not what you had hoped it would be. Caring for our customers is definitely a challenging job, but it's also very rewarding. Our claims professionals in Rapid Response are the first Esurance associates our customers interact with when they have a loss and they are responsible for initiating the claims process for our customers. We are constantly looking for ways to continuously improve our hiring, onboarding, and training programs so that new associates fully understand their role and responsibilities and are prepared for the work they do on a daily basis.

Its a good job if you are drinking the koolaid
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 7, 2019
Esurance has the potential to be a good company but it doesnt listen to its employees. Management and HR are both incompetent. They way they create their salary ranges are based on the cost of employment and not the cost of living. If you can do a job just as they tell you and not try to improve it youll do fine
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Esurance
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2018
Excellent company with lots of room to advance and grow. Many great benefits that management offer. We have food on many occasions, parties, and tons of recognition
Swamp IT culture
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoOctober 2, 2018
If you are part of the tribal, you will have the favoritism. It does not matter how you knowledge is ( and real contribution is), if you are not the echo chamber , you will be showing the door once you are considered you have no value after 6 month or a year. ( very unethical, and exploiting)
Pros
initial salary is ok
Cons
swamp culture
October 21, 2018

We are so sorry to hear that your associate experience was not what you had hoped for and we appreciate your honest feedback. We'll take it to heart as we work to continuously improve the environment and culture we all work in. We wish you the very best in your new job.

Poor Advancement
Customer Service Representative Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 19, 2018
Poor advancement opportunities, micromanaged, poor workplace culture, small company feeling is gone, too corporate, you're just another number, compensation poor for the area.
October 21, 2018

We're sorry to hear that your associate experience wasn't what you had hoped for and we wish you the very best in your future efforts. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Great job
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 30, 2018
Great place to work, fun competitive and awesome management. Very generous incentive and company is always treating employees with food and other goodies!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sitting a lot
This place is great if you have nothing to compare it with!!
Customer Service/Claims (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 29, 2018
I worked there for 6mo. The first things I noticed was how title struck and disconnected from team work the company as a whole was. (BIG I- little u). Management lacked direction. I as well as several others were not paid in an orderly fashion. Their ability to think outside of the box is dead. Corporate is not any better. If you want to go to work just to get a decent pay this is your place. If you’re looking for structure and order it’s a joke.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Micromanagement at its finest by the clueless
they pay well, good management, appreciated, opportunities if you like
working folk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2018
Good place to work, they will challenge you, help you develop, demand a lot, but reward well too. Altogether industry competitive, good management comparatively.
Pros
good pay, good management, opportunity
Cons
limited transfer options, demanding
October 2, 2018

We're so glad to hear you enjoy working for Esurance! We agree that it's a great place to be for all the reasons you list - it's challenging, rewarding and a place that's committed to developing our associates. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Awesome company!
Licensed Insurance and Financial Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Esurance has the best training i have ever had. They really focus on your overall development. I had to leave and I am so sad I cant come back to such an awesome company. From the management, team environment, competitive games to keep you motivated, free food, great pay, advancement etc. I could go on and on but it is definitely a job to enjoy going to work. Everyone is friendly, very well kept clean location, I cant express enough how amazing the entire company is. I had to leave to be with family and I have a new insurance job and they are NOTHING like Esurance. Even prior jobs with insurance experience, Esurance tops everything.
April 26, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re fortunate to have a strong and dedicated leadership team — as well as fun coworkers. If you're ever able to return, please do reapply through our careers page at any time.

Work Culture is unlike anything I ever experienced (in the best way possible)
LIABILITY CLAIMS ADJUSTER-B (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 25, 2018
Working for Esurance was the best work experience of my career. They put a great amount of effort in cultivating relationships and encourage their work force towards advancement. They create a synergistic environment where every person feels included and important. The work environment is extremely fast-paced and can be very stressful at times. However, management does an excellent job of making sure everyone is properly looked out for and is not going to get overwhelmed or burned out. A great place to work and happy to have been a part of it. The only reason I left is because I had to relocate to California and the closest branch I could transfer to was over 3 hours away.
Run, don’t walk.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 16, 2018
Esurance was once a fun and energetic place to work. Then came Allstate. It went from smiling faces and a buzzing environment to a somber, quiet, and loathsome place to be. Healthcare went from great to the worst I’ve ever had in one year. They no longer hire or promote employees in CA. They are just letting the large office in Rocklin fade away naturally instead of closing it down quickly. I assume to avoid paying severance. If you want a job where you don’t matter and are looked at as a warm butt in a seat, this is the place for you. My advice would be to move along to a real insurance company and stay away from this one. They preach a “family” environment but I’ve seen how they treat their so called “family” first hand. And I would never treat family that way. Run, don’t walk, as far away as you can.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Workplace culture
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 23, 2018
The company has changed dramatically over the years. I lost the fun of working there. Changes in company structure appeared to be drastic and out of touch with conventional insurance companies.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Lower level employees could not catch the vision of upper management.
good company
Sr. Insurance Agent/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2018
Good company, fairly new and constantly changing management and bonus structures but what company doesnt. had bonus not been drastically reduced, Id probably still been there.
Pros
good company and people
Cons
inconsistant
November 21, 2018

Thank you for your comments and rating! We appreciate it and we wish you all the best in your future career opportunities. Thank you for caring for our customers and associates while you were with Esurance.

Mixed feelings
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 3, 2017
Great Pay and Benefits but horrible Management. A typical day at work consisted of logging into a computer and taking inbound calls in Esurance's Customer Service department. I learned how to manage a large group of people of about 16-20. The culture was super laid back as long as you were doing what you were supposed. The hardest part of the job was having to make that mental note that friends aren't friends, they are just people who use you to get what they want and step on you the entire way up. The best part of the job was being able to meet so many new and amazing people and being able to be apart of the training department helping people learn and grow.
Pros
Cafeteria, Pay, Benefits, People
Cons
Call Center atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Esurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss