Etech Employee Reviews

A day in the office
TELEPHONE SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 21, 2019
Calling people and offering them internet cable services or offering them to renew the current internet cable services they already have at there home.
Pros
settle job
Cons
Hectic at times.
E-Tech
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2019
Worked with E-tech on a project, did it for 2 years and built a department from a tiny group to a huge group that was productive. E-tech lays us off 2016 in December that in 2 weeks we had to go. Pay was terrible, benefits were marginal but we got laid off before most of us could use them. Highly abusive company that uses its contracted skilled labor and nickles and dimes them. I would never work for them again. Most of the management was rude or incompetent, treated us the absolute worst. Managers mostly had parachutes when they were going to be adjusted but most of us got the axe. They knew for months and hid it from us, this company has no love for its employees or staff. If you must work here, then do so with the intention of not staying long. Even if you would like to stay, they will get rid of you anyway.
Pros
It was only a check for a desperate person during an economic downturn
Cons
They will lay you off suddenly, no severance. So many bad things about this place.
High volume call center
Technical Support/Verizon (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2019
Taking at least 75-200 calls a day. Ranging from long distance questions. All the way to tech support such as password assistance and billing information.
Pros
Busy work make days go by faster
Cons
Can become monotonous
Co workers were great.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 13, 2019
I applied at Etech because I was desperate for a job. I worked a couple different campaigns. The last one was Loss Draft for a bank. Most of the callers were rude and would blame you directly for any thing they could. The bank would hold insurance proceeds in escrow and would distribute funds based on repairs completed. The homeowners that failed to pay their mortgage on time fell into this catergory. You got cussed out for that. Homeowners were often unable to read and comprehend the required forms to properly fill them out. And you get cussed out for that. Hard me me to have empathy when I'm getting called incompetent for things out of my control. The main bank employees were often rude and you couldn't get help on situations that the agent needed help on. The bank has a department for examining the documents for errors. There was usually a backlog of 2 weeks or more but we had the continue to tell them a standard review time that was inaccurate. Breaks were scheduled and you were to adhere to them. My bladder plus the diuretics and blood pressure meds made this impossible, but would get coached on adherence.
There was a note from my Dr. on file regarding this. Working this job made me so depressed I would wish someone would run into my car on the way to work. Some days i would just call in. The account leader didnt care about anything but stats.I tried to get away from this campaign by requesting to move and was denied. Etech would be an okay company to work for as long as the campaign you are on does not make you completely miserable. Avoid the bank.
Pros
Met some great friends there
Cons
Way too many
Not a good environment for those with non-physical disabilities
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 26, 2019
When I applied, I mentioned that I was disabled and that I could work with or without a reasonable accommodation. Training was no problem; there weren't any issues there. Once I got to the sales floor, however, I had a panic attack on my first day. Really loud and unprofessional music (so loud that the bass made me sick to my stomach), two chats flashing at the same time, and three different people telling me how to do something are not conducive to someone with the disorder I have.

I asked my sales coach if I could have my noise-cancelling headphones so that I could do my job without any issues. She said we would talk to HR. Cue a week of being given the runaround by them on why I couldn't have my headphones. Highlights include, "She *just* left the building for the day" (at 11 am) and "She's on vacation until -insert off day here-". I filled out requests to meet her and was told that my coach would be emailed so I could bring my headphones in. Half a week went by and no email. It seemed like they weren't concerned with helping me do my job at all and I wound up just leaving because there was no possible way I could keep working in those conditions for my mental and physical health. It's definitely not a case of me being lazy or bad at my job; I was usually in the top customer service category and even hit the top spot for the company at one point.

And before anyone chimes in, yes, they did offer a temporary solution. It was to move me to a slightly quieter room, where I could *still* hear the loud and obnoxious music coming from inside the main room and far
  more... away from my sales team and coach. I was put basically out of sight and out of mind. I felt like I was being punished and put in time out. Changing or asking them to turn off the music also would have made me feel like a jerk, so that wasn't an option I wanted to resort to.

The pay is nice if you're on the Verizon campaign like I was, but it's not worth the issues faced if you are on the spectrum and literally can't do a job that should be a breeze for someone like me. If it were even remotely possible to do this from home, I would do it again in a heartbeat, but only if I could work for Verizon directly. The office itself and the people that work there make it a living heck. Not to mention that the job description from when I applied was *way* different and made no mention of sales or being a third party whatsoever. It's really misleading, and honestly, kind of fishy/sketchy. I always felt that something was slightly off about it there. Could never put my finger on it, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if there was something white collar going on in the upper management.
Pros
Great pay for Verizon campaign, tuition and daycare reimbursement, mostly college students
Cons
Short/no breaks, loud work environment, unfriendly management, unprofessional environment, stressful
Terrible workplace.
Click to Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 19, 2019
Etech, though it has a nice base salary, is a poor place to work. It's overly competitive, stressful, and unforgiving. On top of that, they force you to sign contracts that allow them to pay you less commission. Days for phone releases are terrible and you are sometimes not allowed to take lunch or break. Complaining to HR does nothing, even if you threaten to leave. You only get benefits after a year of working there, as well, so it's not worth it.
Pros
Good base pay
Cons
Everything else
Supervisor Assistant Sales Coach (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2019
Okay place to work no job security and too many changes. Short term you can move up but the job is not a guarantee to be something you can make a career of.
I liked the place, but not the specific job I did
Verizon Web Support Representative/ Sales Chat (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 12, 2019
I worked on the phones and the guidelines for what you could and couldn’t say were very strict as well as call times. On top of that most customers would be extremely rude to me for their frustrations. I dreaded going in every day.
Helpdesk Representative (Current Employee)
Help Desk representative 1 (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 11, 2019
Very fast paced and interesting job! Etech is a great company to work for. Excellent Benefits and opportunity to grow. You will have pro's and con's with any company you work for. Take a chance, Etech could be the change you are looking for :)
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
smell from the Pilgrim's Pride
Unprofessional, the turnover rate is through the roof, job security is terrible you could get fired at any time for unknown reasons
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 9, 2019
To be clear this review is for the Verizon Campaign in Etech Nacogdoches, which I wouldn’t recommend to anyone ever if you have any dignity. To start off, the place is the nastiest place I have ever worked in: they have a pattern of bed bug infestations every year; The equipment is never cleaned or dusted so if you have allergies you will suffer like I did; The chairs are also very unsanitary and attract bed bugs because the wooden cubicles are very old; Bed bugs literally bit me and my coworkers so they had to transfer everyone to a different room twice a week as they did their extermination weekly because it was so bad.; It is the reason there is now a “bed bug policy” in the Etech handbook. Look for it; there is clumps of dust behind every computer monitor and on every desk there is a thick layer of dust. When I tried to complain they asked me if I wanted to me moved to a different campaign (wow!). Next. The management is TERRIBLE and the most unprofessional I have EVER encountered. Managers/Coaches are people who wanted to stop chatting so they moved up, and now just complain about all the work they have to do as a manager. Every “team” has a “manager/Coach”. I have yet to meet a coach that actually wanted to help. Every coach was always walking out of the room to be on their phone and never doing their job: to help us. Hours and checks are very unreliable because there is no punch clock to clock in. You’re only getting paid when you’re chatting, and any other time you spend in there will not be paid for unless verified by someone of higher authority and they will not verify  more... unless they see it with their own eyes. There’s a new class coming in every other week because they lose people so often. I’ve seen them fire people for no reason. Im convinced they fire pregnant women for being pregnant. Also, Etech does not care about the workers. We get paid $1.00 per upgrade and $2.00 per new line, where if you work in a store (which I have) you get $40 per upgrade and $80 per new line, or a similar structure that is way more than a meager $1.00. You get 3% of the accessories you sell at Etech which is so bad. I sold over $3,000 worth and got $100 of commission. The whole commission plan is super GARBAGE. You have to work your head off to get barely anything back, and they change the requirements every month to make it harder. You can only use your PTO during slow months- no spring break PTO, holiday PTO, or summer PTO. I could go on telling you facts all day long, There is so many things wrong with this place. I can’t even think of one positive except for my coworkers.  less
Pros
Good commission if you meet all requirements
Cons
Bed Bugs, unsanitary, no sick/holiday pay, work all holidays, unprofessional
Great Place For Growth
Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 6, 2019
Use every day as a chance for personal growth. Etech is a double win, you can either thrive within Etech or take the multiple resources they have to grow and expand elsewhere while still having amazing contacts and relationships with Etech employees.
Pros
leadership development, rewards and recognition, tuition reimbursement
Cons
poor management in upper level leadership
Not the best place to work
Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 28, 2019
Poor management, rushed training, employees pushed hard to make sales to clients that were uninterested, lack of support to employees that needed help.
SteppingStone
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 18, 2019
Etech is a job for college students, and retiree's. I am using it as a stepping stone until I find something else. Management is bias with employees. You are not qualified for med/ 401k benefits until one year of employment. The company rules are to be followed by employee's and not management. High turn over rate.
Pros
Flexibile hours
Cons
Low pay, non professional environment
Temporary Place
Enterprise Server Admin (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 13, 2019
My review of working at Etech will demonstrate the inadequacies of working for a company that states it values people but the pay for skilled workers does not match. Since working for Etech the years have been kind to the company but compensation doesn't match. I continue to perform at a high level of efficiency in my position until new employment is found.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
compensation is terrible. growth
Better than nothing
Customer Care Representative (CCR) & Sales (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 13, 2019
Being perfectly honest, Etech could have been a fine place to work if the sales compensation model wasn't changed so often to the point of getting almost zero comp for any of your sales, and even worse there's no actual clock-in and clock-out system so you have to check your time every single day to make sure you are actually being paid for the time you worked. Not to mention my team went through multiple supervisors, the really good ones leaving quickly because they were being walked all over by the people above them and their pay was being cut. But frankly the worst part of it was the mites, fleas, and the bedbugs, all of which ended up coming home with me and I (along with MANY others) had to fight with HR and management to get any compensation whatsoever for the bedbug issue. They genuinely did not want to take responsibility, acting as if they didn't care that some of us had kids that were suffering as a result, and that is the most disappointing part about the entire experience.
Pros
Pay was good, hours were decent, enjoyed my teammates
Cons
Mismanagement, the little guy doesn't matter, no accountability from management regarding work hours logged
Everything that glitters isn't gold!
Online Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 10, 2019
If there was an empyer embodiment of "Bait and switch", Etech would be it! They reel college students in with promises to work with student schedules, competitive pay, career advancement and incentives while in training. Once you hit the sales floor, it is a different situation. They dont like to make schedules to work around school and expect you to miss class to come to work. They do not allow you to use acrued paid time off unless you're almost dying. There are no sick or vacation days. They change the commission plan frequently to pay you less. And it seems the Only way to be promoted is to have strong connections to someone in a position of power and not your work ethic. Only apply if you are truly desperate.
Please do not work here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 4, 2019
I have worked in the Nacogdoches location for 7 months. Horrible management, they make it hard for you to get commission, constant micromanaging, and the rules change up whenever they feel like it. I would not recommend etech as a healthy place of employment.
Quill.com Agent
Quill Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 4, 2019
Been a Quill.com agent is good because you talk to a lot of different people on the phone and your try and gain their trust back of ordering with quill and yes you have good days and bad ones but most of all you stay encourage and push forward.
Worst job I've ever had, only stayed as long as I did for the pay
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Rusk, TXFebruary 26, 2019
I have worked in the professional field for many years, so maybe that is why I do not understand anything about how this company is even still open! They tell you about mandatory days a day or two beforehand for a phone launch they have know about for months. It is really hard to get a bathroom break because you have to ask to be put on a break list, which may take up to an hour. The leaders are always outside the call floor doing hair, makeup & on smoke breaks so if you have a sup chat you have to go walk around to find some help. The employees are very foul mouthed & act like they are in elementary school, so it is hard to focus on your job. When you make sales, the customer surveys affect whether or not you get paid for those sales; even if the poor survey is about the company or policies!! Worst job I have ever had, they expect you to come in sick which spreads flu & strep around to everybody else!!
Pros
$11.50/hr since you definitely should not expect to get your commission, they always have a reason why you don't qualify
Cons
Last minute mandatory days, too hard to go to the restroom, which is a human right, they treat you like a robot
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 20, 2019
There was room for advancement, but they do not give holiday pay. The company is very family oriented. The pay could be better. I would recommend this job as a part time job or for a college student