Etech Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

High volume call center
Technical Support/Verizon (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2019
Taking at least 75-200 calls a day. Ranging from long distance questions. All the way to tech support such as password assistance and billing information.
Pros
Busy work make days go by faster
Cons
Can become monotonous
my reviews
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2018
My typical day at work is online chatting wit customers. The hardest part of the job is meeting the percentage blended for sales each month. Also the customer satisfaction score will also help or hurt you for receiving your commission
Pros
customer satisfaction score is what allows you to get your commission
Cons
The amount of sales determines the amount of your commission
This company definitely has a well-balanced of good and bad
Chat Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2018
They employ a very young leadership group and at times that tends to backfire need desperately to hire a lead team that has more life experience to be able to handle the kinds of employees at etech
Pros
Flexible work
Cons
Poor leadership poor desire to follow mission statement
Okay
Verizon Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2018
The pay wasn't what I was looking for. The people that work there are amazing but it wasn't a good fit for me. I like the experience to chat with other outside of Texas
Worst job of my 20+ year working experience
Sales Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
They are all about numbers and goals. They can care less about the employee unless they are in certain circles. You express to them that their systems aren't working properly to track your sales and they say there are tickets in to fix it over 8 months, but at the same time write you up and suspend you because your sales were not meeting their expectations. There are no benefits for 1 year, no paid holidays, no holidays off, no maternity leave pay, no insurance, dental, etc... and no PTO. When you finally do get benefits, you still do not get PTO. A lot of the awards I mentioned are useless such as certificates, "A Bag of Chips", company t-shirts or promotional items. We do not have a time clock, therefore, people were always having issues with their pay and time as they had to look in 3 different systems along with the employee tracking their own time notes in order hopefully get it all right or as close as it should be. The customer surveys affected the employee's commission pay if it was a bad survey that had nothing to do with the employee's chatting experience, so if the system wasn;t working and the customer left a bad review based on the company, not the employee, it would count against the employee that took that chat although it was out of their range to fix the issue. There were no exceptions for those bad surveys that had nothing to do with the employee. There were also no exceptions or tracking of the sales the employees lost daily due to the payment system errors, if you lost a payment because the system was acting up, you just lost it. I could go on-and-on about  more... why this was the worst experience of my working life but I hope you get the point by now, it was bad. They recently demoted me and others as they were downsizing our campaign but they also offered us $3 in pay and a week without pay leading up to the migration. It was brought to management's attention whether or not it was true and they denied it. Now people are left seeking new employment because they are missing a week of pay and losing $3 hr of pay as well. All management did was lie to us!  less
Pros
Most of the people were friendly and cared
Cons
The people up top look at you as a number instead of a human
Very Relaxed
Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2018
Great hours great trainers and managers. Love the HR department. They have childcare reimbursement and tuition reimbursement and health benefits. Great training class teaches you a lot before you get on the floor
Pros
During holidays they have unlimited overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Fun job
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2018
I had not problems with work here I loved my supervisor he was a wonderful man of God. The treated all his employees equal. He made sure I had everything I need to perform my job.
Flexable with hours and Works with Your Situation to Keep you Employed
Sales Representative/Web Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2018
Great People, Blue Collar Modern Day Factory Worker. No education required. A lot of family and friends work there so it is about who, you know in terms of advancement. Not any different than any other Blue Collar employer. Relaxed, flexible hours, Clean environment. Great job if you are a student, on Social Security, disability or state assistance. Easy work You could have Alzheimer's and still work there. Only real skill is upper management, sales and chat require real skill. People are great and down to earth. Great Social atmosphere personable.
Pros
Flexible, easy work, take anyone that passes drug test and great for students or first time job.
Cons
Advancement is difficult, don't expect professionalism
its a call center for sure
Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2018
There are alot of people that are there because they just need a job but you can tell the outstanding workers. there is of course the rumors and drama that goes with working with people like a highschool.
Pros
great manager
Cons
need more money to deal with these customers
Great Place to Advance!
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2018
Etech is a great place to work especially if you're a student. The company is all about furthering their employees inside and outside of work. Students basically got paid to go to school, and it didn't matter the major. Also, commission was easy to come by in sales and by telling friends about Etech. The company is constantly growing, so they hire monthly. I loved how in depth the training was, usually up to 6 weeks depending on what campaign you are assigned to. Once training is completed and you get on the floor with your team, they make you feel right at home. I was pretty shy at first, but they made me feel comfortable asking questions. It's a learn as you go process since there are new promotions every week. The sales magazine we have online definitely helps employees stay up to date on the latest deals.
Pros
Benefits, commision, Pto, great atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, training is lengthy, scheduling is set and hard to get changed
Acts like a startup company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2018
Etech at the Dallas location is extremely mismanaged and acts like a dysfunctional startup company. Very disorganized. Training was very extensive and not helpful to the actual job functions of the position. The process used to select trainers, floor leads, etc was unfair and bias.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Disorganized and poor management
It is a productive job. Have lots of prizes you can win due to job performance
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day at work is laid back. Very quiet all you hear is computers dinging when a customer chats in to purchase. Also, we are chatting on a computer rather than talking on the phone. So that is a benefit.
Pros
quiet, laid back
Cons
insurance, childcare
Great atmosphere
EChat Rep/Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Great place to learn. Has rules but what company doesn't. I have worked there on and of for about 7 years now and learned a lot in the process that I now apply to everyday life.
Pros
Space
Cons
changing rules
High turnover rate
Chat Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2018
This is a good place of employment to work, but the turnover rate is very high. Reason being is because there are many companies under one roof and there are goals needing to be met by each company. If goals are not met, then the company is at risk being lost. I personally think that the pay should be more due to the fact that many people have to pick up the slack for people who are hired and don't remain with the company as long. If you can make it through your first 90 days, then I would say stay there. Advancement can be very easily achieved.
Fun, supportive
Operations Sales Coach Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Productive quick paced fun environment supportive management lots of advancement opportunities paid time off after 1 year of employment great health care benefits after 1 year
not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 24, 2017
poor lack of management, they lie to you about the pay and the overtime. the company sucks they are very unorganized and are very quick to hire anybody. Even the HR team is very unorganized and as well as the front desk associate. They hire young kids as well as older associates but the management and leadership skills are very poor.
Pros
laid back job
Cons
poor management
productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2017
they have a very lax environment but are very serious about doing work
they do don't like slackers
paid training
they have a no phone or bag policy on work floor so you have to keep your belonging in your car or locker
Great Place To Get Your Experience & Move On
B2B Sales, Web Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2017
I worked there 1yr and 1 day and was only late one time, never did my dedidcation speak for anything. I had a couple of bad calls and with only one suspension they decided after only two formal warnings to end my employment. Like I said a great place to get your experience and move on. It takes two years to get a raise and that environment is and can be childish with preferred treatment given.
Pros
Unlimited Overtime
Cons
Environment is not Adult Friendly
Ugh worst place ever just an in between job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2017
Pay is horrible man made rules One supervisor in charge of everything can’t move up raiseis .50 cents every two years 12hr pay I’m looking for something else
Pros
The people
Cons
Management :(
Leadership
Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
The management overall has not mastered effective leadership and not resolve issues in a timely manner. I have learned to ask questions to know the intentions of leadership in training and out side of production. The workplace intention of the people is not effectively training the people in written skills to communicate with the client. Some days you will have your good and bad days, but it depends how you effectively work through your issues.