Etech Employee Reviews for Online Chat Representative

Not a good environment for those with non-physical disabilities
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 26, 2019
When I applied, I mentioned that I was disabled and that I could work with or without a reasonable accommodation. Training was no problem; there weren't any issues there. Once I got to the sales floor, however, I had a panic attack on my first day. Really loud and unprofessional music (so loud that the bass made me sick to my stomach), two chats flashing at the same time, and three different people telling me how to do something are not conducive to someone with the disorder I have.

I asked my sales coach if I could have my noise-cancelling headphones so that I could do my job without any issues. She said we would talk to HR. Cue a week of being given the runaround by them on why I couldn't have my headphones. Highlights include, "She *just* left the building for the day" (at 11 am) and "She's on vacation until -insert off day here-". I filled out requests to meet her and was told that my coach would be emailed so I could bring my headphones in. Half a week went by and no email. It seemed like they weren't concerned with helping me do my job at all and I wound up just leaving because there was no possible way I could keep working in those conditions for my mental and physical health. It's definitely not a case of me being lazy or bad at my job; I was usually in the top customer service category and even hit the top spot for the company at one point.

And before anyone chimes in, yes, they did offer a temporary solution. It was to move me to a slightly quieter room, where I could *still* hear the loud and obnoxious music coming from inside the main room and far
  more... away from my sales team and coach. I was put basically out of sight and out of mind. I felt like I was being punished and put in time out. Changing or asking them to turn off the music also would have made me feel like a jerk, so that wasn't an option I wanted to resort to.

The pay is nice if you're on the Verizon campaign like I was, but it's not worth the issues faced if you are on the spectrum and literally can't do a job that should be a breeze for someone like me. If it were even remotely possible to do this from home, I would do it again in a heartbeat, but only if I could work for Verizon directly. The office itself and the people that work there make it a living heck. Not to mention that the job description from when I applied was *way* different and made no mention of sales or being a third party whatsoever. It's really misleading, and honestly, kind of fishy/sketchy. I always felt that something was slightly off about it there. Could never put my finger on it, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if there was something white collar going on in the upper management.
Pros
Great pay for Verizon campaign, tuition and daycare reimbursement, mostly college students
Cons
Short/no breaks, loud work environment, unfriendly management, unprofessional environment, stressful
Everything that glitters isn't gold!
Online Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 10, 2019
If there was an empyer embodiment of "Bait and switch", Etech would be it! They reel college students in with promises to work with student schedules, competitive pay, career advancement and incentives while in training. Once you hit the sales floor, it is a different situation. They dont like to make schedules to work around school and expect you to miss class to come to work. They do not allow you to use acrued paid time off unless you're almost dying. There are no sick or vacation days. They change the commission plan frequently to pay you less. And it seems the Only way to be promoted is to have strong connections to someone in a position of power and not your work ethic. Only apply if you are truly desperate.
Sucky place to work
Online Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXOctober 13, 2018
Its Sales, so be prepared for everything to be about sales. They lure you in with the benefits but you don't get them until you've been there a year. Commission changes often, so you gotta keep up to qualify for it, or you don't get it. They don't really train you. I applied for a different position and got suspended the same day because my sales were low, then got denied the new position because my sales were low (new position had nothing to do with sales). They play with your money and want you to literally be a slave. Only good thing is that pay is starting at $11.50
Pros
Pay is at least $11/hr
Cons
Short Breaks, no real commission
Great times at work!
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 7, 2018
Lots of time spent being engaged by both management and customer base alike. There were many opportunities for inter-company exchange and chances to talk across ails for general betterment.
Super friendly environment, lot of teamwork and cooperation making the dream work.
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 17, 2018
By far my favorite job to date, Etech was a very friendly and cooperative workspace. Despite the fast paced work, and steep learning curve, the end result of working with good friends was well worth it.
Pros
indoors, air conditioned.
Cons
Very high paced and stressful, steep learning curve.
Great Place to Advance!
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2018
Etech is a great place to work especially if you're a student. The company is all about furthering their employees inside and outside of work. Students basically got paid to go to school, and it didn't matter the major. Also, commission was easy to come by in sales and by telling friends about Etech. The company is constantly growing, so they hire monthly. I loved how in depth the training was, usually up to 6 weeks depending on what campaign you are assigned to. Once training is completed and you get on the floor with your team, they make you feel right at home. I was pretty shy at first, but they made me feel comfortable asking questions. It's a learn as you go process since there are new promotions every week. The sales magazine we have online definitely helps employees stay up to date on the latest deals.
Pros
Benefits, commision, Pto, great atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, training is lengthy, scheduling is set and hard to get changed
Productive work atmosphere
Online Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 8, 2018
positive work atmosphere, however a security guard is required, unable to have personal items at station, no cell phones are allowed, great people, except no advancement
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Breaks
It's telemarketing
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 23, 2018
You're basically selling things over the phone for other big-name entertainment and ISP corporations. Pay is low and commission based, management is iffy depending on who your boss is, and the place is filled with teenagers.
Pros
Sometimes you got free stuff.
Cons
Low pay, iffy managment
Great place for college students
Online Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 1, 2017
Great place for college students to get a job when they're in need. They provide flexible hours to work around students schedules. The commission you get from sales is an added bonus.
Did not like working here
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXOctober 15, 2014
I did not care to work for this company, the hours were long there was no team management and the people were rude.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, no over time, shifts would be 6+hours alone