Etech Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Great work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 30, 2019
Management could be stronger, but they offer so many perks when you work there. They do believe on promoting from within the company. Laid back vibe from most of the people you work with.
Pros
Great hours, decent pay, work with some great people
Cons
Management could be better
Please do not work here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 4, 2019
I have worked in the Nacogdoches location for 7 months. Horrible management, they make it hard for you to get commission, constant micromanaging, and the rules change up whenever they feel like it. I would not recommend etech as a healthy place of employment.
Quill.com Agent
Quill Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 4, 2019
Been a Quill.com agent is good because you talk to a lot of different people on the phone and your try and gain their trust back of ordering with quill and yes you have good days and bad ones but most of all you stay encourage and push forward.
Good place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXDecember 31, 2018
Not a bad place to work, good for college students. Job security is very low. Usually when a client is ending the contract, they laid off agents and only keep the top agents and sometimes no one
my reviews
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2018
My typical day at work is online chatting wit customers. The hardest part of the job is meeting the percentage blended for sales each month. Also the customer satisfaction score will also help or hurt you for receiving your commission
Pros
customer satisfaction score is what allows you to get your commission
Cons
The amount of sales determines the amount of your commission
Not Great
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 3, 2018
Etech is a terrible place to work at. They are bad. Do not work here. They over work you for terrible pay, my campaign only received one day off a week and we worked 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, long hours, bad pay
Been here for 2 years
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 15, 2018
If you work for Verizon you gonna get 11.50 a hour plus commissions. When you been there being a top agent making 1000 or more in commissions then change it to where your making $200-300 is ridiculous. The benefits can be good but they cut you if you aren't performing. Also like I mentioned the commission plans change all the time. You get no holidays off. If you do get the holiday you want you are lucky. Also no mon thu Friday. Must work weekends or get fired.
Worst job of my 20+ year working experience
Sales Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
They are all about numbers and goals. They can care less about the employee unless they are in certain circles. You express to them that their systems aren't working properly to track your sales and they say there are tickets in to fix it over 8 months, but at the same time write you up and suspend you because your sales were not meeting their expectations. There are no benefits for 1 year, no paid holidays, no holidays off, no maternity leave pay, no insurance, dental, etc... and no PTO. When you finally do get benefits, you still do not get PTO. A lot of the awards I mentioned are useless such as certificates, "A Bag of Chips", company t-shirts or promotional items. We do not have a time clock, therefore, people were always having issues with their pay and time as they had to look in 3 different systems along with the employee tracking their own time notes in order hopefully get it all right or as close as it should be. The customer surveys affected the employee's commission pay if it was a bad survey that had nothing to do with the employee's chatting experience, so if the system wasn;t working and the customer left a bad review based on the company, not the employee, it would count against the employee that took that chat although it was out of their range to fix the issue. There were no exceptions for those bad surveys that had nothing to do with the employee. There were also no exceptions or tracking of the sales the employees lost daily due to the payment system errors, if you lost a payment because the system was acting up, you just lost it. I could go on-and-on about  more... why this was the worst experience of my working life but I hope you get the point by now, it was bad. They recently demoted me and others as they were downsizing our campaign but they also offered us $3 in pay and a week without pay leading up to the migration. It was brought to management's attention whether or not it was true and they denied it. Now people are left seeking new employment because they are missing a week of pay and losing $3 hr of pay as well. All management did was lie to us!  less
Pros
Most of the people were friendly and cared
Cons
The people up top look at you as a number instead of a human
Etech
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 25, 2018
It started out as an okay place to work, but management changed and things got worst, the goals were unrealistic, they began to harass me after I had been on a medicinal leave of absence. I began to hate it.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Horrible Sales Coaches, Drama Zone
Great pay, soul sucking
Verzion Sales Chat Agent (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 14, 2018
Incising pay, however the monotony becomes real quickly and your days loop inifinitly until you see people get hired, trained, promoted, demoted, fired, re-hired, and then become fed up in quit again. All in what felt like a month to you but it's been a year and you are in the same exact spot. If you need money and are a convincing salesman, you will one day get paid for that, if there is any "you" left over.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Soul sucking
Went downhill fast
Online Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 30, 2018
When I first started at Etech, this job was great. They offered a flexible schedule with a great commission layout, but over the short year I have been here, they have changed so much in management, the rules, and are overall, giving us less money for more work. Etech is willing to promote anyone who has interest, which is not always the best considering anyone who would want to promote would be people whom wish to stop talking to customers. It is not a secret that we are losing to competition and everyone working here will be losing a job.
Pros
Co-workers, best pay in the area
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication, fast paced, customers
This job allowed me to advance with my customer service skills!
Sales Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Rusk, TXJuly 28, 2018
My view of Etech is that it is a place to advance in, but this job was not the place I would like to advance in. This was a sales campaign, and the promotions we had been offering, were not suitible for current customers. The promotions were normally for new lines only, and customers did not want to do this, as they only really wanted to upgrade.
Do not recommend
Verizon Wireless C2C Online Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 13, 2018
This company is very unorganized and does not care about the employees. Comp plans are always changing for the worse. The higher ups never know what is going on and never can answer any questions you have.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no food, no paper allowed, terrible comp plans
Not very steady work place
Verizon Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 11, 2018
Overall alright place to work. Commission rates change a lot and so do security regulations. Always be prepared for something to have changed. Did have bug problem within the last year
Fun productive and friendly
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Montego bay jamaicaMay 30, 2018
This enviroment is super friendly not too big so we have the chance to know everyone gave alot of compensation thats were not impossible to meet on regular basis
Pros
Nice commission
Cons
No onsite lunch area and environment is small
Great pay!! And easy work!
Sales Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 6, 2018
I loved this job however it was full time and with my mom having health issues it is no longer the fit for me. I am needing less hours and this job requires you to work full time.
Long boring hours
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 4, 2018
Its super boring depending on what campaign you're on and who your coach is. Being a student and working there is draining. And your check probably wont ever be right
Pros
incentives
Cons
short breaks, long hours, boring af
Soul sucking
Online sales chat representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TX 75964March 12, 2018
This place does not care about you, does not care that they work you into the ground, has horrible management, cleaning staff, and will get on you if you get ill, which you will. The area is a cess pool for illness as the cleaning crew never does their job well at all, keyboards are always dusty and look "gooey". I would actually recommend bringing your own keyboard and mouse if you can. If you can find anything else, find it.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Filthy, Rude, uncaring
It is a productive job. Have lots of prizes you can win due to job performance
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day at work is laid back. Very quiet all you hear is computers dinging when a customer chats in to purchase. Also, we are chatting on a computer rather than talking on the phone. So that is a benefit.
Pros
quiet, laid back
Cons
insurance, childcare
Relaxed
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Etech is a relaxed place to work, however it is also fast paced. You have all of the required sites to look up all of the information that is needed to answer a customers question.
Pros
You get to experience new opportunities
Cons
You may not always get comp