Etech Employee Reviews for Telemarketer

Great Company
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 15, 2019
Overall a great place to work at. Great benefits and great opportunities.They have flexibility for the hours that you work. making this a perfect job, if you have a family or second job.
Pros
Commission, flexible hours
Cons
non I can think of
A day in the office
TELEPHONE SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 21, 2019
Calling people and offering them internet cable services or offering them to renew the current internet cable services they already have at there home.
Pros
settle job
Cons
Hectic at times.
Very stressful environment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXNovember 15, 2018
This company is a very very stressful environment to work in. You have no time to spear between calls you make. You get very inappropriate people on the other end of the calls sometimes. I would not recommend it to anyone else.
Very laid back working environment
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 9, 2018
I loved etech because even though it was my very first job, they were patient and took the time out to make sure I learned as much as I could while going through training.
Pros
Opportunity to expand
Cons
Short breaks
make sure you have a thick skin
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 15, 2018
The training was fun and there were rewards for the best sellers.
The part that was rough was the insults and anger you'd get from the people that you called.
nice place of employment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 10, 2018
Nice place of employment. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this place to a friend.Left for personal reasons.Very nice staff.Would recommend to others.
Unproffesional at best
Tele-sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 6, 2018
I worked on 3 campaigns over a year's time. I was always a top seller. Hourly base wage is near minimum wage. Comp pay/commission is almost non-existent, and only paid to top 3 sellers. If you don't make top 3 you get base pay rate only. Sales goals are very high. If sales goals are not met not even top 3 get comp/commission.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
LOW pay and no benifits
Repetition, Communication, hard/ soft skills.
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Continuous calls per day
Communication skills/ Salesman
Sale coaches are awesome
Co-workers are magnificent
Incredible inconsistent
My sales coach for my campaign is fantastic and the co workers
Pros
Learned to communicate better, and being professional.
Cons
Inconsistency, breaks, negativity
ETech
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXNovember 7, 2016
There is very little chance for advancement, but the pay is decent. The managers are flexible around your schedule, and the supervisors are typically nice. Besides that, the place is pretty depressing and demotivating after a while. The office clerks try to get some spirit going but this the place for dead ends or temporary work. Also, there is little room for advancemen.
Pros
Flexible, Your own space
Cons
No advancement, Demotivating
Good job but not the best
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 4, 2016
The staff are friendly however earning comp is a joke. You have to have your hours, sales ect to earn comp but your hours aren't counted from the beginning and end of your shift. It's counted by the time your on calls. They don't make it easy to earn comp.
Pros
Beneftits
Cons
Breeding yelled at and hung up on all day
Daily information
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 13, 2016
A normal day began with preshift where the sales coach would let us know how many sales we had to make that day. Also, they would tell us of any prizes AT&T had offered for that day. Some days we would have games such as Hot Potato, bingo, battleship, etc. After preshift the dialer would be started and we were told what type of clients we were calling such as those that had received a letter letting them know their internet was scheduled for disconnect and we would move them over to broadband.
The sales coach would try and keep morale up during the day.
The hardest part were the cold calls as those clients had regular internet and really didn't want to upgrade until we let them know what they were getting.
I personally enjoyed talking to those customers who saw they were getting better internet at a reduced rate compared to what they were paying for at the time
Pros
Sometimes, the call center director would barbeque and we would get free lunch.
Cons
Our breaks were scheduled and one was given after two hours of dialing.
Amazing job with amazing people
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 19, 2016
I loved working for Etech. Everyone you work with ends up being like family. We all seemed to be one big family helping eachother out. Granted, there were tough times but just like any "real" family, we would work it out and go about our day. The coaches really do want to see their agents succeed. They do everything they can to help each agent out. It is up to the agent to take the coaching and improve themselves. I would say the hardest part about this job is having to deal with customers that don't want to hear nothing you have to say or the customers that like to cuss you out for calling them. I learned a lot from working for Etech. I learned that I actually can be good at doing sales.
Pros
Coaches, fellow agents, fun environment
Cons
angry customers, customers that cuss at you
they work hard but play harder
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 17, 2016
It was interesting to say the least. I learned how to be a successful sales man by working with the sales coach that I was assigned to. I also took advantage of taking the inspiring leadership program so that I can be in management one day.

in my opinion there are some managers that should be re-evaluated because they do not obey the rules.

the co-workers are all tired and emotionally drained

the hardest part of the job would be the rough calls

the most enjoyable part is being able to help someone make their day better
Pros
blue cross blue shield, lincoln dental and vision, 401k
Cons
back to back calls, unprofessional sales coaches, missing hours, etc.
Easy Job, motivating staff
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLMarch 11, 2016
if you can get use to constantly being shut down by customers and sitting reading from a script most of the day, this job is for you. The company has team goals and plenty of potential benefits
Pros
daily competitions, Health and school compensation
Cons
Can be depressing
Sales!?
Telemarketing/sales (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 29, 2015
when hired, they mention nothing about you being a sales rep. you try to convince old people or legacy customers to switch over to the new stuff offered thew AT&T and little do they know, they are signing up for a contract.
Pros
the environment and people you work with.
Cons
you have to sale when you think your customer service.
it was an ok job
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 14, 2015
you go in sit down plug in your headphones and talk to random mad customers and try to sell a product. i learned to have faith and to ignore my anxiety. management was management.the co-workers were always nice.the hardest part of the job was selling to hateful customers. the most enjoyable was getting a sale.
Okay
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 11, 2015
Good place to begin work. It's fast-paced and jobs don't last long as they like to cycle through employees. If you have no long term commitment you will not be disappointed.
na
AT&T Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 9, 2014
I was a telemarketer for AT&T I got along very well with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the customers to switch over. I loved my job but I need to make a career for myself
Strong core values
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 19, 2013
When hired the instructor taught us the values Etech had and its core values, which everyone there abided by very well. If someone tried to behave as if they were above these values they were reprimanded in the appropriate ways weather it was written up or relieved of their position. We got brakes every couple of hours to wake our eyes up due to constantly staring at the computer screen. The coaches rewarded people for every sale they made. It was great environment to work in.
Unorganized
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 16, 2013
This company's requirements were not overwhelming however, they were very unorganized. I was properly trained for three weeks and put in a position to sale a land phone and internet to exsisting AT&T customers. One department ran completly out of leads and gave other departments, including the one i was placed in, a quick(emphasis on quick) lesson over the product at hand for about 20 minutes. We were expected to sell this new product.
Pros
The pay was great, vending machines were amazing
Cons
short breaks