Etech Employee Review

Not a good environment for those with non-physical disabilities
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 26, 2019
When I applied, I mentioned that I was disabled and that I could work with or without a reasonable accommodation. Training was no problem; there weren't any issues there. Once I got to the sales floor, however, I had a panic attack on my first day. Really loud and unprofessional music (so loud that the bass made me sick to my stomach), two chats flashing at the same time, and three different people telling me how to do something are not conducive to someone with the disorder I have.

I asked my sales coach if I could have my noise-cancelling headphones so that I could do my job without any issues. She said we would talk to HR. Cue a week of being given the runaround by them on why I couldn't have my headphones. Highlights include, "She *just* left the building for the day" (at 11 am) and "She's on vacation until -insert off day here-". I filled out requests to meet her and was told that my coach would be emailed so I could bring my headphones in. Half a week went by and no email. It seemed like they weren't concerned with helping me do my job at all and I wound up just leaving because there was no possible way I could keep working in those conditions for my mental and physical health. It's definitely not a case of me being lazy or bad at my job; I was usually in the top customer service category and even hit the top spot for the company at one point.

And before anyone chimes in, yes, they did offer a temporary solution. It was to move me to a slightly quieter room, where I could *still* hear the loud and obnoxious music coming from inside the main room and far
  more... away from my sales team and coach. I was put basically out of sight and out of mind. I felt like I was being punished and put in time out. Changing or asking them to turn off the music also would have made me feel like a jerk, so that wasn't an option I wanted to resort to.

The pay is nice if you're on the Verizon campaign like I was, but it's not worth the issues faced if you are on the spectrum and literally can't do a job that should be a breeze for someone like me. If it were even remotely possible to do this from home, I would do it again in a heartbeat, but only if I could work for Verizon directly. The office itself and the people that work there make it a living heck. Not to mention that the job description from when I applied was *way* different and made no mention of sales or being a third party whatsoever. It's really misleading, and honestly, kind of fishy/sketchy. I always felt that something was slightly off about it there. Could never put my finger on it, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if there was something white collar going on in the upper management.
Pros
Great pay for Verizon campaign, tuition and daycare reimbursement, mostly college students
Cons
Short/no breaks, loud work environment, unfriendly management, unprofessional environment, stressful

Other Etech Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJune 24, 2019
Thus company does not pay their employees fairly. The profits go to the CEO and upper management. They have a very high turnover rate among employees. Many employees are college students. They have the sorriest management I have ever worked for.
Pros
Okay first time job.
Cons
Stressful, lack of good managers and supervisors.
Great oppurtunity and learning experience
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 17, 2019
Great oppurtunity. Alot if favoritism. Learned other ways to meet sales. Supervisor said one thing and did another. Odd hours if u have a family. Alot of gossiping that causes problems. But overall very great oppurtunity just stay to yourself.
Pros
Sitting down mostly
Cons
Favoritism wasnt hidden