Etech Employee Reviews

Temporary Place
Enterprise Server Admin (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 13, 2019
My review of working at Etech will demonstrate the inadequacies of working for a company that states it values people but the pay for skilled workers does not match. Since working for Etech the years have been kind to the company but compensation doesn't match. I continue to perform at a high level of efficiency in my position until new employment is found.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
compensation is terrible. growth
Better than nothing
Customer Care Representative (CCR) & Sales (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 13, 2019
Being perfectly honest, Etech could have been a fine place to work if the sales compensation model wasn't changed so often to the point of getting almost zero comp for any of your sales, and even worse there's no actual clock-in and clock-out system so you have to check your time every single day to make sure you are actually being paid for the time you worked. Not to mention my team went through multiple supervisors, the really good ones leaving quickly because they were being walked all over by the people above them and their pay was being cut. But frankly the worst part of it was the mites, fleas, and the bedbugs, all of which ended up coming home with me and I (along with MANY others) had to fight with HR and management to get any compensation whatsoever for the bedbug issue. They genuinely did not want to take responsibility, acting as if they didn't care that some of us had kids that were suffering as a result, and that is the most disappointing part about the entire experience.
Pros
Pay was good, hours were decent, enjoyed my teammates
Cons
Mismanagement, the little guy doesn't matter, no accountability from management regarding work hours logged
Everything that glitters isn't gold!
Online Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 10, 2019
If there was an empyer embodiment of "Bait and switch", Etech would be it! They reel college students in with promises to work with student schedules, competitive pay, career advancement and incentives while in training. Once you hit the sales floor, it is a different situation. They dont like to make schedules to work around school and expect you to miss class to come to work. They do not allow you to use acrued paid time off unless you're almost dying. There are no sick or vacation days. They change the commission plan frequently to pay you less. And it seems the Only way to be promoted is to have strong connections to someone in a position of power and not your work ethic. Only apply if you are truly desperate.
Please do not work here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 4, 2019
I have worked in the Nacogdoches location for 7 months. Horrible management, they make it hard for you to get commission, constant micromanaging, and the rules change up whenever they feel like it. I would not recommend etech as a healthy place of employment.
Quill.com Agent
Quill Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 4, 2019
Been a Quill.com agent is good because you talk to a lot of different people on the phone and your try and gain their trust back of ordering with quill and yes you have good days and bad ones but most of all you stay encourage and push forward.
Worst job I've ever had, only stayed as long as I did for the pay
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Rusk, TXFebruary 26, 2019
I have worked in the professional field for many years, so maybe that is why I do not understand anything about how this company is even still open! They tell you about mandatory days a day or two beforehand for a phone launch they have know about for months. It is really hard to get a bathroom break because you have to ask to be put on a break list, which may take up to an hour. The leaders are always outside the call floor doing hair, makeup & on smoke breaks so if you have a sup chat you have to go walk around to find some help. The employees are very foul mouthed & act like they are in elementary school, so it is hard to focus on your job. When you make sales, the customer surveys affect whether or not you get paid for those sales; even if the poor survey is about the company or policies!! Worst job I have ever had, they expect you to come in sick which spreads flu & strep around to everybody else!!
Pros
$11.50/hr since you definitely should not expect to get your commission, they always have a reason why you don't qualify
Cons
Last minute mandatory days, too hard to go to the restroom, which is a human right, they treat you like a robot
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 20, 2019
There was room for advancement, but they do not give holiday pay. The company is very family oriented. The pay could be better. I would recommend this job as a part time job or for a college student
Best job I had so far.
Wireless Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TX 75964February 6, 2019
Graveyard shift as a wireless chat representative is the best option.if you wanna work there. It's a great easy job and a great pay. You get two 15 minute paid breaks and a decent time for lunch. The best thing is a very casual dress code.
Pros
Great graveyard shift
never again
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 31, 2019
the place was a joke. you learn a lot about the products. you learn how to pitch sales. and you get really good at typing. the pay is a joke and surveys actually impact how much money you get to keep even if you made a sale from them. the guy I started under would not make it the way it was when I quit. also tuition reimbursement and commission only applies if you're actively employed when the checks are cut. so that was $900 give or take that did not get because I had to relocate during the summer. NEVER work for them if you have any self respect.
Good place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXDecember 31, 2018
Not a bad place to work, good for college students. Job security is very low. Usually when a client is ending the contract, they laid off agents and only keep the top agents and sometimes no one
Most Horrible Job Ever Had!!!
Sales Coach (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXDecember 21, 2018
Stay away from this stinker-snide, crass, worthless upper management that try to steal what you’ve worked for. The my down their days in meaningless meetings and looking at their spreadsheets like they’re making a difference. They have no values and don’t care at all about their employees. Avoid this job in any campaign at all costs!!!
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Absolutely everything!
good
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMDecember 17, 2018
good learning experience while working as an E-tech. Had the opportunity to work on new things that I had never worked on and was given a chance to learn new things.
good
Great Place!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 14, 2018
I loved to work here. It was one of my favorite jobs to attend. I do hate that I had to leave and I am hoping to come back to the job as soon as possible.
my reviews
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2018
My typical day at work is online chatting wit customers. The hardest part of the job is meeting the percentage blended for sales each month. Also the customer satisfaction score will also help or hurt you for receiving your commission
Pros
customer satisfaction score is what allows you to get your commission
Cons
The amount of sales determines the amount of your commission
Not Great
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 3, 2018
Etech is a terrible place to work at. They are bad. Do not work here. They over work you for terrible pay, my campaign only received one day off a week and we worked 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, long hours, bad pay
Love it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXNovember 27, 2018
I absolutely love my job. I love Etech!! The sales coaches/leads are awesome people and they will help as much as they can! The others who work there are awesome people!
This company definitely has a well-balanced of good and bad
Chat Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2018
They employ a very young leadership group and at times that tends to backfire need desperately to hire a lead team that has more life experience to be able to handle the kinds of employees at etech
Pros
Flexible work
Cons
Poor leadership poor desire to follow mission statement
Very stressful environment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXNovember 15, 2018
This company is a very very stressful environment to work in. You have no time to spear between calls you make. You get very inappropriate people on the other end of the calls sometimes. I would not recommend it to anyone else.
Okay
Verizon Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2018
The pay wasn't what I was looking for. The people that work there are amazing but it wasn't a good fit for me. I like the experience to chat with other outside of Texas
Stressful Work Environment
SWBC LD CSR (Current Employee) –  NacogdochesOctober 16, 2018
Started out as a dream job for someone fresh out of high school looking for something very structured that paid decent for only having a high school diploma and all too quickly turned into an absolute nightmare. Most say you quit your manager not your job but this job is too stressful for the pay grade. I asked my recently promoted immediate manager how they liked being a supervisor and they very hastily stated they wish they had never been promoted. The one inbound call agent that actually got promoted and liked their job quickly got demoted and was back on the floor. There were no upward positions to move to only outward. Our metrics were horrible as a department and so the agents that were doing very well were still being punished for what the others did, or didn't do really. Very busy seasonally as well. Mandatory overtime was not appreciated especially when it was thrown on you with no warning ahead of time to change plans or reschedule appointments. Management though was pretty decent I don't know if I was being shown favoritism or not but I really enjoy the people I work with but I really dislike the job, it breaks my spirit little by little each day.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Stress, not enough pay, short breaks, not nearly as lenient as they say they are with scheduling