Etech Employee Reviews

Sucky place to work
Online Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXOctober 13, 2018
Its Sales, so be prepared for everything to be about sales. They lure you in with the benefits but you don't get them until you've been there a year. Commission changes often, so you gotta keep up to qualify for it, or you don't get it. They don't really train you. I applied for a different position and got suspended the same day because my sales were low, then got denied the new position because my sales were low (new position had nothing to do with sales). They play with your money and want you to literally be a slave. Only good thing is that pay is starting at $11.50
Pros
Pay is at least $11/hr
Cons
Short Breaks, no real commission
Assist customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXOctober 3, 2018
Manager was horrible and rude ! The pay rate wasn’t good . You didn’t get that much of raise . The hours was great and the atmosphere was super cool and laid back
Worst job of my 20+ year working experience
Sales Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
They are all about numbers and goals. They can care less about the employee unless they are in certain circles. You express to them that their systems aren't working properly to track your sales and they say there are tickets in to fix it over 8 months, but at the same time write you up and suspend you because your sales were not meeting their expectations. There are no benefits for 1 year, no paid holidays, no holidays off, no maternity leave pay, no insurance, dental, etc... and no PTO. When you finally do get benefits, you still do not get PTO. A lot of the awards I mentioned are useless such as certificates, "A Bag of Chips", company t-shirts or promotional items. We do not have a time clock, therefore, people were always having issues with their pay and time as they had to look in 3 different systems along with the employee tracking their own time notes in order hopefully get it all right or as close as it should be. The customer surveys affected the employee's commission pay if it was a bad survey that had nothing to do with the employee's chatting experience, so if the system wasn;t working and the customer left a bad review based on the company, not the employee, it would count against the employee that took that chat although it was out of their range to fix the issue. There were no exceptions for those bad surveys that had nothing to do with the employee. There were also no exceptions or tracking of the sales the employees lost daily due to the payment system errors, if you lost a payment because the system was acting up, you just lost it. I could go on-and-on about  more... why this was the worst experience of my working life but I hope you get the point by now, it was bad. They recently demoted me and others as they were downsizing our campaign but they also offered us $3 in pay and a week without pay leading up to the migration. It was brought to management's attention whether or not it was true and they denied it. Now people are left seeking new employment because they are missing a week of pay and losing $3 hr of pay as well. All management did was lie to us!  less
Pros
Most of the people were friendly and cared
Cons
The people up top look at you as a number instead of a human
Etech
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 25, 2018
It started out as an okay place to work, but management changed and things got worst, the goals were unrealistic, they began to harass me after I had been on a medicinal leave of absence. I began to hate it.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Horrible Sales Coaches, Drama Zone
No room for growth.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 12, 2018
The company does not promote within. Highly micromanaged from multiple managers you report to every day, Overall they pay you just over minimum wage and have a constant influx of new hires.
Great times at work!
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 7, 2018
Lots of time spent being engaged by both management and customer base alike. There were many opportunities for inter-company exchange and chances to talk across ails for general betterment.
Great Place
Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Lots of competition, depending on the campaign. Great pay, great hours. Unlimited overtime every once in awhile. Management can be sketchy if you try and move up from Agent.
Pros
Health care, daycare reimbursements, paid breaks, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Can be sketchy if you try to move up, lots of favoritism
Worst job I've ever had
Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Rusk, TXSeptember 2, 2018
You don't actually work 40 hours. Your pay check is ALWAYS short, benefits kick in when you've been there after a year. Management is very unprofessional. First shift had the most negative leaders. Only one was actually worth the job. There was one leader who was always taking off for baby showers,always talking about their kids and drama in their. life. And was very rude. If you needed help, this leader would let it be known they did NOT want to help you. "Soooo let them know". The rest were almost similar but didn't gripe as much. If said leader had an issue with you, instead of stepping off the floor and acknowledging it. The leader would do it so everyone could hear. 2nd shift is a bit better and doesn't have such a negative vibe. If there is a new phone launch, you don't get a break. They don't even want to let you go to the bathroom. When you apply, it has on the site it'll be like $15. You will only get paid $9 and commission if you meet the requirements. You clock out when it's break time. But be careful cause they lie and say you go over your break time. No cellphones allowed in the worth place. Notice that they're always hiring? Cause the management sucks, every bit of it. And you're always missing hours
Pros
There's AC
Cons
Everything.
A lot of lies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 21, 2018
They lied about the salary, they lied about our hours, and the supervisor should not have been in a leadership position because she was rude & did not understand the role of a leader. We started out with 15 in our class and now I think there is only 9 & people are still leaving. Make sure they pay you what they say they are paying & give the appropriate hours that they promise.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement & daycare reimbursement
Cons
Ratchet workplace & lots of lies from upper management
reliable, consistent work enviorment.
CSR-Sales (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TX 75901August 20, 2018
great place to meet people and make sure you have a great boss, always something to make sure your secure with having a job. They will work with you if you are going to school or you have another job, or even small children at home.
Very Relaxed
Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2018
Great hours great trainers and managers. Love the HR department. They have childcare reimbursement and tuition reimbursement and health benefits. Great training class teaches you a lot before you get on the floor
Pros
During holidays they have unlimited overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Great pay, soul sucking
Verzion Sales Chat Agent (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 14, 2018
Incising pay, however the monotony becomes real quickly and your days loop inifinitly until you see people get hired, trained, promoted, demoted, fired, re-hired, and then become fed up in quit again. All in what felt like a month to you but it's been a year and you are in the same exact spot. If you need money and are a convincing salesman, you will one day get paid for that, if there is any "you" left over.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Soul sucking
Great Place to Work
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 9, 2018
Its a great place to work and offers you tools to develop your skills and become a great leader and build your career. Its also a good place to start your cacreer.
Stressful workplace
Trainer/Recruiter/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXAugust 8, 2018
While my specific position at Etech was rewarding, the company as a whole I found to be mismanaged. Etech seemed to struggle with it's applicants and as a result were forced to hire less than desirable candidates.
Needs improvement
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 6, 2018
Could be a great company if they tried. Managers and agents don't have necessary tools to complete jobs because equipment is obsolete. There was also a bad infestation when I was there.
Cons
A lot of favoritism is shown here
Went downhill fast
Online Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 30, 2018
When I first started at Etech, this job was great. They offered a flexible schedule with a great commission layout, but over the short year I have been here, they have changed so much in management, the rules, and are overall, giving us less money for more work. Etech is willing to promote anyone who has interest, which is not always the best considering anyone who would want to promote would be people whom wish to stop talking to customers. It is not a secret that we are losing to competition and everyone working here will be losing a job.
Pros
Co-workers, best pay in the area
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication, fast paced, customers
This job allowed me to advance with my customer service skills!
Sales Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Rusk, TXJuly 28, 2018
My view of Etech is that it is a place to advance in, but this job was not the place I would like to advance in. This was a sales campaign, and the promotions we had been offering, were not suitible for current customers. The promotions were normally for new lines only, and customers did not want to do this, as they only really wanted to upgrade.
Typical, entry level.
Sales service professional (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TX 75964July 28, 2018
Simple work. High goals and standards. Strict schedule expectations. Decent commission however the standards to receive the commission are very high and rarely met.
Pros
Pay and commission
Cons
Isolated, strict scheduling
Productive and fun workplace
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 19, 2018
When walking into work, I greet the receptionists, and other associates that are in the surrounding area. The most enjoyable part about Etech is being able to meet new people and getting to know more about each and every one.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short breaks
Dont work here
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 18, 2018
Worst job in Nacogdoches, has bed bugs, management is very unprofessional and make it seem like everyone is replaceable. Rules for the campaign change every 5 minutes, and they also make it nearly impossible to make full commission with plan changes every few weeks
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
Management, bugs, constant changes in rules and pay