Etech Employee Reviews

its a call center for sure
Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2018
There are alot of people that are there because they just need a job but you can tell the outstanding workers. there is of course the rumors and drama that goes with working with people like a highschool.
Pros
great manager
Cons
need more money to deal with these customers
Great Place to Advance!
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2018
Etech is a great place to work especially if you're a student. The company is all about furthering their employees inside and outside of work. Students basically got paid to go to school, and it didn't matter the major. Also, commission was easy to come by in sales and by telling friends about Etech. The company is constantly growing, so they hire monthly. I loved how in depth the training was, usually up to 6 weeks depending on what campaign you are assigned to. Once training is completed and you get on the floor with your team, they make you feel right at home. I was pretty shy at first, but they made me feel comfortable asking questions. It's a learn as you go process since there are new promotions every week. The sales magazine we have online definitely helps employees stay up to date on the latest deals.
Pros
Benefits, commision, Pto, great atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, training is lengthy, scheduling is set and hard to get changed
Great Place to work
At&t VTS (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 15, 2018
worked here for a while training was very informative and they encouraged you to ask questions so you could better perform your job
manager was very understanding and honestly one of the best bosses ive worked for
Good environment
Call Center Trainee (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 10, 2018
The training course was informative and fun but very fast, in order to teach you to keep up with the insane pace you need to have to answer as many customer calls as possible.
What you make of it.
Assistant Sales Coach (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 9, 2018
A typical day at Etech is what you desire to achieve. Etech is a diversity company with opportunity to grow if you so choose too. I enjoyed working with all my co-works.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
paid while on the phone
Great pay!! And easy work!
Sales Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 6, 2018
I loved this job however it was full time and with my mom having health issues it is no longer the fit for me. I am needing less hours and this job requires you to work full time.
Long boring hours
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 4, 2018
Its super boring depending on what campaign you're on and who your coach is. Being a student and working there is draining. And your check probably wont ever be right
Pros
incentives
Cons
short breaks, long hours, boring af
Very strict, stressful and just hard to work for
CSR 1 (Former Employee) –  Rusk, TXApril 13, 2018
As it goes for jobs I have had, Etech in Rusk, TX had to be the worst. The job itself is not bad, it is pretty easy. You sell things to customers as a click to chat agent. But the management, staff and upper management are horrible. You are required to sell a certain amount of items each day in order to even stay for your whole shift. If you do not meet quota by a certain time in the day, you are sent home. This results in loss of pay. The employees themselves are fun, some of them. The management, supervisors and upper management are more strict than your parents and grandparents. It got so bad while I was there that the word "Stupid" was a punishable offense if said. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the management. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to talk to the customers. You get some really fun ones. The only thing I really learned at this job was how to type a little faster and how to upsell product.
Pros
Good customers and co-workers
Cons
Bad management and rules
nice place of employment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 10, 2018
Nice place of employment. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this place to a friend.Left for personal reasons.Very nice staff.Would recommend to others.
Productive work atmosphere
Online Chat Representative (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 8, 2018
positive work atmosphere, however a security guard is required, unable to have personal items at station, no cell phones are allowed, great people, except no advancement
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Breaks
It was a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 1, 2018
Etech was a good environment, I was fast paced at times but also relaxed. My only problem with Etech was that the managers at the time didn’t want to take the distressed phone calls when customers would ask for a manager. They would have us to put customers on hold and wait it out until the customer hung up.
Acts like a startup company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2018
Etech at the Dallas location is extremely mismanaged and acts like a dysfunctional startup company. Very disorganized. Training was very extensive and not helpful to the actual job functions of the position. The process used to select trainers, floor leads, etc was unfair and bias.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Disorganized and poor management
It's telemarketing
Online Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 23, 2018
You're basically selling things over the phone for other big-name entertainment and ISP corporations. Pay is low and commission based, management is iffy depending on who your boss is, and the place is filled with teenagers.
Pros
Sometimes you got free stuff.
Cons
Low pay, iffy managment
Soul sucking
Online sales chat representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TX 75964March 12, 2018
This place does not care about you, does not care that they work you into the ground, has horrible management, cleaning staff, and will get on you if you get ill, which you will. The area is a cess pool for illness as the cleaning crew never does their job well at all, keyboards are always dusty and look "gooey". I would actually recommend bringing your own keyboard and mouse if you can. If you can find anything else, find it.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Filthy, Rude, uncaring
why I enjoyed working at etech
HR-Benefits Assistant (Former Employee) –  nacogdoches, TXMarch 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at etech because I was able to interact with the community and new employees. I also was able to help employees understand their benefits and benefit options.
Pros
great co-worker, positive community involvement
Cons
upper level management very inappropriate
fun work place
Representative (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 6, 2018
I answered the calls of the customers that need help with their online account. I've learned different computer tricks I can use on my computer at home. The manangement there was not really helpful but they were good people. The workplace was very diverse that was nice because I meet different people. The hardest part was dealing with rude customers but I stayed polite and respectful.
Pros
short work hours
Cons
short breaks
Unproffesional at best
Tele-sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 6, 2018
I worked on 3 campaigns over a year's time. I was always a top seller. Hourly base wage is near minimum wage. Comp pay/commission is almost non-existent, and only paid to top 3 sellers. If you don't make top 3 you get base pay rate only. Sales goals are very high. If sales goals are not met not even top 3 get comp/commission.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
LOW pay and no benifits
All the pieces are there but they get lost in the shuffle
Click to Chat Agent. Verizon wireless sales team (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 5, 2018
The best part of ETech was the people I worked with and met during training. My trainer was great and training was fun. The sales floor was a different story, unfortunately however. Most of your goals are unattainable and way over what anyone could consistently do, I was one of the top salesman and still never met the insane quotas they had. The commission checks were really nice but you had to sell your tail off to get them to be. So many rules and regulations that changed constantly and shoddy equipment they provided made for a stressful and uninviting environment. Most of the co-workers are great and several of the managers were as well but there were some that would throw you under the bus to get ahead and not think twice. Overall if your desperately needing a job and have run out options Etech may be a great temporary option until a real job comes along. If you go in with low expectations you won't be as disappointed.
Pros
Great co-workers you bond with during training. Commission checks are nice with great sales.
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
A productive day at Etech
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 26, 2018
A typical day at work would be answering call lines and helping customers with their password and username to login in to their account. I learned that it is my duty to make sure that each customer I served leaves with a friendly and helpful experience. The management at Etech is very consistent and precise their goal is to make sure that everyone making their sales and to help the employees become better sales representatives. The workplace culture is diverse and filled with friendly people that encourage you to set goals and achieve sales. however, the hardest part about working at Etech is that you may get some angry and frustrated customers but I always have to keep in mind that I must be understanding and compelling to make their experience better. The most enjoyable part of the jib is that you get to help people. being able to make someone day easier is always fulfilling to me.
Pros
Helping customers, lunch breaks, commission
Cons
Short breaks
Great environment and wonderful employees
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Answered the phone for the Verizon campaign, spent 3 months there before I had became what they call tier2 supervisor, just did the same thing but helped other employees with upset callers or if they didn't know something. Managers were good only 2 out of 5 would be lazy or have an issue with for no real reason. Pay was good for the position and hours.
Pros
Employees and breaks
Cons
Occasional lazy managers, quick to backlash for minor things.