Ethan Allen Employee Reviews

If you have a family, it is hard to balance work and life with this schedule.
Interior Designer/Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 7, 2019
It is difficult to have a good life work balance with the schedule and school age kids. The amount of hours worked does justify the pay. Designers loose wages even when the factory, delivery or manufacturing make mistakes with little recourse to others.
The product is satisfactory but the processes for sales are lengthy and antiquated. The amount of paperwork required is cumbersome and their is little support at the showroom level. Design is dictated by the small resources that are allowed in the store.
Pros
Opportunity to understand furniture procurement
Cons
Life work balance is stressful and the processes are antiquated.
great job
machinist (Current Employee) –  Orleans, VTJune 6, 2019
Great place to work hours are great. People are great. Bosses are great. I LOVE my job there. I'd recommend to everyone. Great opportunity to start at Ethan Allen
Not for me.
Design and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMay 24, 2019
Success meant little family time. Open 7 days a week with weekends being best time to make sales, you needed to be there. If your numbers were low you were required to be there. Constant interruptions. If you had a big project going you’d have to help walk-ins. Short staffed constantly and lots of turn over!!! Although, I did meet some great people and learned a lot, I became unmotivated by favoritism, back stabbing with negative energy. Even experienced bullying. If you want to live and breathe work you’ll have better chance of success. If you want a normal life, 8-5, 5 days a week, stay away!
Pros
High quality furniture
Cons
Demands to succeed unrealistic
Cool environment
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 23, 2019
Great job laid back, I love the Customers!

The store can get busy but you have a backup person, which is great! I really enjoy the people I work with , everyday is something different .
Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMay 20, 2019
This company doesn’t care about its employees in any way. They pay the bare minimum for all positions and doesn’t like much diversity on the management level.
It's a temp job
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wassaic, NYMay 20, 2019
I would love a permanent job but due t the fact I can't find one I went with Ethan Allen to find me a temp position somewhere. I don't work at one of there locations so I can't say anything on that. They did set me up with a job though.
Great income for Interior Designers!
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 18, 2019
I loved working for this company! I worked as a Designer, a Project Manager and a Design Center Manager. The income was excellent, and the training was amazing. Weekly meetings to stay on top of product knowledge, industry trends, and customer service and operations. You handle the client interface from greeting to installation and styling. You also get a lot of support from Project Managers, Operations team, Delivery team and co-workers. I had my own company prior to working here, and I enjoyed designing at Ethan Allen much more. With my own company, I spent too much time on invoicing, tracking orders, receiving and coordinating deliveries. At Ethan Allen, my focus was on the client, the design, the creativity and the details. To really maximize my income, I layered the design with rugs, window coverings, drapery, bedding and wall coverings. It was so much fun to create custom bedding for my clients. A lot of creativity collaboration. Every day I was inspired by my co-workers, and they supported me and my creative designs.
Pros
Very lucrative income for designers, paid on sales versus delivery, great commission rates, Creative autonomy, good coaching and support, company reacts well to industry and economic trends
Cons
Commissioned income can have high and low periods, cannot sell products from other manufacturers, work most weekends
No employee appreciation
Design Consultant/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2019
Its a job no room for advancement no incentive program
Highly stressful to get started and most do not make it past 3 months. Management not experienced enough to support and instruct sales team. Pay structure is commission with small draw. You have to sell a lot to be able to support yourself. There is not enough sales volume to support all the designers in one store.
Pros
Good product
Cons
Stressful
The interview says something but when you are at work the situation change.
INTERIOR DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2019
Not a good company to work with.
lack of management
lack of opportunities
commission based only
you mush have to expend your own money to bring customers
Be ready to have everything to be your responsibility and your fault
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 5, 2019
If you like doing ten jobs at once, then this is the job for you. In all honesty I felt as if this job had more responsibility than the store manager! They expected me to know how to do everyone's job. The designers could be very rude and not trusting towards you. They expected you to do all of there work for you. I was always told to do my job first and make sure every little thing was correct. With all this pressure in doing that I spent a lot of that day going over the previous days sales. At the same time I am expected to do about three other peoples job. I would be talked to for not helping people do certain jobs or projects even though I was not asked to help. I was told by the district manager that I was suppose to go and ask to help. So I guess with job I am just suppose to know and go do a job that I was not shown how to do or told I was suppose to do.
Great experience working with the Ethan Allen Family
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 24, 2019
Ethan Allen makes world class furniture. Associates are passionate about the quality of furniture they create. Ethan Allen is well supported in the community.
A fun enviorment
DESIGN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2019
The environment is a fun place to work in. Projects are always different than the next. Management is awesome and always listens to any new innovative ideas you can bring to the table and allows you to do whatever is best for the company and allows your role to grow into what you want it to be.
Creative Place to Work
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 9, 2019
Meeting prospective clients at the Design Center is how you find out what they are shopping for. The furnishings on display give you as the Design Consultant, the opportunity to connect and establish a trust with them to begin the consultation process. Every client has a style and its a creative opportunity to develop a look that's unique for that client.
Pros
Design Center has alot of inspiration for Customers
Cons
Working weekends
I love my profession; I dislike unnecessary and time-consuming requirements.
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Chadds Ford, PAMarch 31, 2019
I enjoy all phases of Interior Design and working with the public.The hardest part of my job is dealing with and adhering to foolish requirements established by regional upper management. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the end result of a project and experiencing the clients excitement with their new environment.
Unorganized and unprofessional workplace
OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR & SOFT GOODS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  MNMarch 29, 2019
There is no official training for new employees. Management favors employees and allows for rules to be broken. Administration does the most for the lowest pay.
good work hours
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Orleans, VTMarch 1, 2019
Its a job no room for advancement no incentive program peoples moral isnt the best from management to the workers on the floor point system can only miss 6 days a year the 7th day they let you go dont care of the reason why you wernt there would rather hire people off the street for positions in the mill rather then give the people there a chance to move into that position no raises to speak of hire people off the street start them out more then some people that have been there awhile if your looking for a dead end job good place to work
Pros
good employees to work with
Cons
no incentive no room for advancement
Every weekend
Design Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, CTFebruary 28, 2019
Although handbook states 2 weekends off a month, management makes that impossible. Highly stressful to get started and most do not make it past 6 months. Not a good formula for success.
A very unstable place to work. Can't keep any employees.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin, VAFebruary 12, 2019
Company has struggled with drug addiction. Management has turned over several times. And replacements has failed to do jobs adequately. State department contract has put a extra demand that the company didn't seem to be ready for employee wise. There is lack of diversity and racism thru out. The company needs people who knows what is going on the floor to get job done and support the departments accordingly.
Pros
Paycheck and insurance
Cons
Lack of structure and man power to get job done. Good ol boy system.
Professional and Classy place to work
INTERIOR DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Ethan Allen holds a vision of its company, product and employees, that upholds the highest standards of customer care. Satisfied clients is number one, and to get their the employees need to be well trained, and managed. Many meetings go on behind the scenes, and help from the management, to get employees to where they want to be, improve and have success for the company.
The Designers are very creative, dress well, helpful beyond most stores and business, giving their 100% as much as they can.
It is a good place to work and a good place to shop.
Pros
Creativity encouragement, independent, Owner listens to designers for overall company growth ideas.
Cons
Mostly have to work all weekends to get the business, and it makes it difficult to go to personal or family events that are held on weekends.
Great Place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLJanuary 31, 2019
I loved everything bout working for Ethan Allen. I worked for a 3 locations and in 2 different states and the atmosphere was the same. They take pride in everything they do and pass that on to their employees.