Ethan Allen Employee Reviews

Underpaid for number of responisibilities/goals
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2018
A lot of pressure is put on store staff by upper management. The designers at my store are always competing with each other and fighting over sales/clients.
Pros
no overtime
Great place to work for great experience
Interior Designer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed my job but i was looking to advance more into a different area of interior design and get away from weekends, holidays, and night shifts. Overall, still a decent place of employment.
Stressful Sales Environment
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLJuly 11, 2018
This is not an interior design position. At Ethan Allen your focus is to sell, sell, sell! You need to meet monthly goals that sometimes are unattainable, putting you into a deficit state. This means that if the monthly goal is 34K and you made 30K, then you need to make 38K the following month...just to break even. If you want to make commission, then you need to surpass that amount. There are no real friends int his type of business either, but there's a job for everybody, so if you're competitive, have an aggressive attitude, and love to sell, this is the job for you!
Pros
Flexibility as long as you meet your goals
Cons
You're always working to meet your goals
Fast pace
Repairer (Current Employee) –  Orleans County, VTJuly 11, 2018
Its a okay place to work. It is a fast pace and keep you going. We all work as a team. And work together. Somedays r better then other days. I love to work
Pros
Work as a team.
Cons
Expensive heath inc
Good
Design Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at Ethan Allen for the time I worked there. At the location I was at, I was able to experience Asian culture and what it was like selling to this type of clientele.

Designer autonomy, but many of the designer at this location were behind severely when it came to computer skills and client correspondence being heavily dependent on managers to complete projects.
Pros
Endless creativity, exposure to beautiful homes, drapery knowledge obtained
Cons
Designers ran over managers
Ever changing policies.
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2018
Difficult company to feel good about. Constant policy changes and a Woman only based culture. Upper Management clueless to anything but a paycheck and Company benefits.
a place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Orleans, VTJune 27, 2018
it is literally just a job. it has its ups and downs... mostly downs! I wouldn't go back, And I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Very unorganized! and unprofessional!
Productive and fun wokplace
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 20, 2018
Great company to work for it provides excellent training in corporate headquarter as well as in store. I enjoyed the design center and the many fabrics and leather displays.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
No Cons
Disorganized
Fesigner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
Very disorganized .. everybody thinks there a boss when there not and I formation relayed is always incorrect ..
There is no accountability for anything just keep on pushing the blame ..
Products quality has gone downhill cheap furniture at a premium price ...
Pros
Cons
Alot
Trash
Elevator Operator\Stocker (Former Employee) –  Orleans, VTJune 9, 2018
worst place ever, brand new policy.. can only be late 7 times within a year. they don't care the reason they don't care about their employees or if they put in the extra work or hours
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no raise
Fabulous company with good compensation
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 1, 2018
There are no other furniture retailers in the country that have EA's commission structure. You can make a very good living there if you are willing to stay tuned in and work hard.
The hardest part is coping with the public sometimes and the crazy way people shop now. It is sometimes a challenge to build loyalty with the public now days.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment is very pleasant and a pretty place to be all day, and making a difference in someones lifestyle and environment.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits and a Great Product and Company
5 Star
Design Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 30, 2018
I enjoy the location and the design center work space. I like the culture and the people within the organization. I am able to learn and a typical day is long but some days can be very busy.
Good if your a sales person
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTMay 29, 2018
A lot of your day is spent working with clients but management puts a lot of pressure on you to close. Some clients are not ready to close that day. Home calls allow you to create great relationships with clients.
Professional and friendly place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID 83704May 25, 2018
Ethan Allen is a professional yet lighthearted place to work and to find beautiful furniture. The staff is exceptionally friendly and very helpful to eachother and to clients!
Pros
Friendly staff, great location
Cut-throat
Case Fitter (Former Employee) –  Old Fort, NCMay 17, 2018
If you like being stuck on one job. Management looks for reasons not to give you raises. This place is a good example of the " Good Ole Boy" atmosphere. Workplace culture and Quality expectations changes day to day. The most enjoyable part of the day was Leaving work to go home.
Pros
Its a check
Cons
Good Ole Boy culture in action, Lack of raises, Cut-throat management
Ethan Allen was a wonderful experience.
Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2018
Ethan Allen was a wonderful company to work for because we were treated like mature adults; they allowed me to work independently, but if I needed assistance, someone was always available to help. The staff was very supportive.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Work every weekend
Interior Designer and Consultant
INTERIOR DESIGNER and Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO and Johnstown, CoApril 27, 2018
We would have a meeting, Start our day by checking all emails, Go through old files and cold call. It was custom furniture sales and design. We were on commission and an up system, It was extremely slow, so it could be a very long day. You had to make sure that you scheduled home calls. (To go to someones home and help them with their decisions regarding furniture and how it would be place.) I enjoyed working with clients.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management was not experienced enough at his job to be good at it.
Very low pay for many hours of work.
Designer (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 16, 2018
Extremely stressful work experience due to constant pressure from management for designers to meet highly unrealistic minimum monthly sales quotas.

No job stability.

A job requirement is to go on in-home design meetings.
Compensation is so low that it makes it a challenge to afford access to a car.
Pros
great team of designers
Cons
must work weekends & poor management

Comment – May 28, 2018

Management lures designers into the job with false promises of decent pay. Designer turn-over is extremely high because of low pay and horrible hours.
NO work-life balance (must work weekends & holidays).

Poor Place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLApril 16, 2018
Overworked and underpaid. Lack of good management. Asked to do tasks that are not part of your working contract. Such as painting and plumbing work. Would not reccomend this place of work to anyone.
Awesome company
Supervisor and Bobtail Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 12, 2018
I miss working there. I couldn't wait to work the next day. My co-workers, my boss are the best. Traveling and interactively involved with our customers.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
Not enough hours