Ethan Allen Employee Reviews

most enjoyable part of job
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 18, 2018
a very casual work environment and it was fun working with clients in the store and at their home. Having the freedom to make home calls and after delivery calls to see your beautiful work completed.
Good job to have
Lead Certified Final Inspector (Current Employee) –  Maiden, NCOctober 3, 2018
Good job to have very friendly people the work is consistently coming, they are tram oriented and stress team work. They make room for advancement if you apply for another job.
good job with good company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 17, 2018
I was overqualified for the position. It was a great product for upper class customers. The management was not very motivated to hit the goal. I worked with 22 sales people/designers that were paid commission only. It was easy to motivate them with incentives.
Pros
Good bonuses.
Creative culture
Senior Photographer (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTSeptember 5, 2018
Great environment, hands off approach to creatives. Quality over quantity. Great vibe. you work with a variety of departments on many different project, so you don't get bored or stale.
Pros
Great coworkers
Bullied and looked down on
INTERIOR DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 2, 2018
I was hired based on my youth, I had a strong design background, knew how to network, work on the computer and have strong communication skills. Once I was hired, it was clear my assets were not being utilized. I worked with designers who were 40 years older than me, no one wanted my input or suggestions. I went down hill since I did not get the support I needed in order to make this my career. I was very disappointed and left the job.
nice place to work
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAAugust 23, 2018
nice place to work I would still work there hadn't they closed the store. the staff was very close and helpful and management was great. I recommend working there
Ethan Allen
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 21, 2018
I was a furniture inspector. I would inspect the furniture before it left the warehouse. I also handled service calls. Set them up and also called them to see how service went for the customer
Working at Ethan Allen...
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 21, 2018
Pretty basic stuff- answer phones, direct customer traffic, run reports at the end of each shift. Can be really busy or super slow, depending on the day. Most of the designers are friendly and fun...pretty laid back atmosphere.
Productive work
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 9, 2018
There is always work but there are times when it takes too much time for another job to open up. But the management is good and work with you every step of the way.
It was a good place to work just stay busy 24/7
Assymbly line (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCAugust 9, 2018
Ethan Allen was a gokd job good people to work for and around I just had to lesve becuase lack of attendence and family issues
I forst worked in the rough mill but about 2 months of that they moved to to the assymbly line an i worked there till i couldnt no more
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hot in the summer cold in the winter
Furnishing store with beautiful hand crafted furniture.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 5, 2018
Ethan Allen is a great place to work as you are surrounded by high end furnishings, lovely accessories and luxury window treatments . Excellent management team who encouraged development of design skills.
interior, high quality design
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 31, 2018
Provided interior design services to clients, including personal drawings. Assisted clients in creating the look and functionality in their home space.
Pros
discunt to buy the furniture
Cons
commision work
Do NOT work for this company
DESIGN CENTER GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MDJuly 30, 2018
I would suggest that you stay FAR away from this company if you intend to work within the Maryland, Virginia District. District Management might be better elsewhere, however, this district was a NIGHTMARE.
Pros
discount after 1 year
Cons
training is terrible, DM doesn't understand technology or most processes and is very intrusive about your personal life, racism was a problem, too many issues to name.
Poor and abusive management
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 28, 2018
I really liked what I did daily in ordering, customer service and working with designers. The boss was very mean, abusive and expected me to work with no extra pay
Good environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 25, 2018
Awesome work experience. Fast paced, had to think on your feet. Some down time as well which is always good. Loved the environment and fashion aspect.
Training was exceptional
Interior Designer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 25, 2018
The clients at Ethan Allen were generally pleasant and were there for design assistance. The training and product were carefully planned and designed.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Poor market demand after 2008
Underpaid for number of responisibilities/goals
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2018
A lot of pressure is put on store staff by upper management. The designers at my store are always competing with each other and fighting over sales/clients.
Pros
no overtime
Great place to work for great experience
Interior Designer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed my job but i was looking to advance more into a different area of interior design and get away from weekends, holidays, and night shifts. Overall, still a decent place of employment.
Stressful Sales Environment
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLJuly 11, 2018
This is not an interior design position. At Ethan Allen your focus is to sell, sell, sell! You need to meet monthly goals that sometimes are unattainable, putting you into a deficit state. This means that if the monthly goal is 34K and you made 30K, then you need to make 38K the following month...just to break even. If you want to make commission, then you need to surpass that amount. There are no real friends int his type of business either, but there's a job for everybody, so if you're competitive, have an aggressive attitude, and love to sell, this is the job for you!
Pros
Flexibility as long as you meet your goals
Cons
You're always working to meet your goals
Fast pace
Repairer (Current Employee) –  Orleans County, VTJuly 11, 2018
Its a okay place to work. It is a fast pace and keep you going. We all work as a team. And work together. Somedays r better then other days. I love to work
Pros
Work as a team.
Cons
Expensive heath inc