Ethos Veterinary Health Employee Reviews

Great Learning Opportunity
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 18, 2018
The work environment here has been very collaborative. There are many opportunities for skill building, and lots of opportunities for formal and informal learning.
Fun, team oriented and rewarding place to work
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 18, 2018
I love my job here at Ethos Veterinary Health. I enjoy my fellow co-workers, management staff and clients. I would highly recommend joining the team!!!
Great place to work (Port City)
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 18, 2018
Port CIty has a great management team that cares for it's employees. I have had a great time working here with some of the smartest and most motivated co-workers in our field! Port City has a culture of continuous learning and development, with CE funding for all technicians and doctors.
No room for advancment
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2018
Watch your paychecks, I had to argue for a phone stripen that I was entitled to when I was first hired. Management lacks communication with employees and within management. Nothing seems thought through especially the parking situation. Managment plays favorites. There's a lot of cattiness in the office.
Pros
Occasional Free Food
Cons
Cattiness
Only stay for the staff
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, ILApril 16, 2018
The staff is undervalued. They lost many good/seasoned staff because they didn't feel they were worth keeping.
There is OBVIOUS favoritism, and managers would fail to discipline their favorites while other staff members were targeted.
Management promoted from within, which can be good - if you know what you're doing. Recommend business classes for those promoted from the floor.
Went over a year without contribution to 401K, and when they did - 0.5% of our annual income.
Job was good when it wasn't part of a larger company. Once it became Ethos, things started changing - but not for the lower staff. Lack of communication, lack of training, too many things need to be changed if they want to continue.
Pros
short work week, employees
Cons
hardly a 401k, favoritism, failing management, negative energy
Great opportunities
Management (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2018
Provides a lot of learning opportunities through CE online and in person; very busy practice that is set up similar to a human hospital on 3 floors. The work environment can be demanding but is also very rewarding to be a part of a leader in the industry with such a great reputation.
Certified Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 13, 2018
Wonderful driven team, great management. Everyone is focused on providing the best medicine while ensuring an excellent client experience. Focused on education of employees with the opportunity for VTS mentoring as well as a VTNE study group. A company that truly understands that if you take care of your Team first the client experience will follow. Minimal turnover of staff speaks to how well they treat their employees. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Room for career growth, excellent pay, good benefits, good work life balance
Cons
Can be very busy, 24 hour practice: 2 holidays per year requirement
Cog in the machine
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 1, 2018
Management is incompetent. They hire people who have never run a hospital to run a giant specialty practice. The egos of the admin and senior doctors are more important than listening to staff and actually making the hospital better for clients patients and staff. People power trip and work you into the ground. If you stand up for yourself they label you a trouble maker.
The leadership culture is very male dominant at the higher levels.
Great Medicine and Great Staff
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 21, 2017
About 10 minutes into my working interview, I knew I wanted to work at Mass Vet. The standard of care at this hospital, and within the whole Ethos company, is beyond any hospital that I have ever worked at and I've been in veterinary medicine for over 15 years. I love that there are innumerable ways to advance your career within the company and the opportunity to learn is always available by having free access to VetBloom. Everyone who works here works together like a giant team and that makes the day to day work life that much better. The doctors and technicians have such an immense knowledge base and are always happy to teach. The client care team is incredible at comforting clients in their times of need and also with managing the flow of a very busy practice. I have never regretting my decision to join such a fabulous company.

I won't lie...this practice is extremely busy and fast-paced so there is no time for sitting around. The hours can be long and tiring.
Pros
good pay, great benefits/time off, great support staff
Cons
fast-paced/busy, can be stressful, occasional long hours, holiday requirement
A place to learn and grow
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 21, 2017
Ethos offers endless opportunities to advance your career. All the tools are given to each employee to further their education and encourage and provide opportunities for advancement. The doctors and technicians care about each of their patients and will go out of their way to assist a client and provide great patient care. Coworkers are great, everyone helps each other regardless of the department they work for.
Pros
excellent benefits(free health care), flexible schedule, coworkers/morale
Cons
busy, staying late occasionally

Want to know more about Ethos Veterinary Health?

Ask a question
co workers are great and clients
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 13, 2017
company lacks of management & overall cleanliness of the hospital. There are a lot of changes happening with the company & the communications is horrific. They don't care about employees! I enjoy my clients that come in and other employees, but that's about it.
Pros
employee pet benefits
Cons
pay, management, hospital cleanliness
good company
Call Center Liaison (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMay 17, 2016
this company truly stands by it's mission. they provide a very high level of care to animals and fully educate the clients. There are lots of intensives as an employee and they strive for the best hospitality in all departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ethos Veterinary Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight