Ethos Veterinary Health Management reviews

Terrible place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 22, 2019
The absolute worse job I’ve ever had. Some of the techs were incredible but that’s all. Management is an absolute joke who don’t even try to hide their favoritism and it makes for a stressful and hostile environment. Dirty and unsanitary and nobody seemed to think anything was wrong with that or care for that matter. Pay is terrible especially when you have surprise late nights, which were more often than not. I’d recommend not wasting your time with trying to work here or even bringing your pets here if you really care about them.
Keep looking!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 30, 2018
Overworked understaffed underpaid!!! Snappy supervisors who don't have your back at all!!! Stressful isn't even the correct word for the job!!! High turnover!!! Nitpicked by supervisors!!! Never a compliment for the good that you actually do!!! Need a complete over haul of supervisors in department!!! Only reason I stayed was for the team, many reasons why I left!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Fun, team oriented and rewarding place to work
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 18, 2018
I love my job here at Ethos Veterinary Health. I enjoy my fellow co-workers, management staff and clients. I would highly recommend joining the team!!!
Great place to work (Port City)
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 18, 2018
Port CIty has a great management team that cares for it's employees. I have had a great time working here with some of the smartest and most motivated co-workers in our field! Port City has a culture of continuous learning and development, with CE funding for all technicians and doctors.
No room for advancment
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2018
Watch your paychecks, I had to argue for a phone stripen that I was entitled to when I was first hired. Management lacks communication with employees and within management. Nothing seems thought through especially the parking situation. Managment plays favorites. There's a lot of cattiness in the office.
Pros
Occasional Free Food
Cons
Cattiness
Only stay for the staff
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, ILApril 16, 2018
The staff is undervalued. They lost many good/seasoned staff because they didn't feel they were worth keeping.
There is OBVIOUS favoritism, and managers would fail to discipline their favorites while other staff members were targeted.
Management promoted from within, which can be good - if you know what you're doing. Recommend business classes for those promoted from the floor.
Went over a year without contribution to 401K, and when they did - 0.5% of our annual income.
Job was good when it wasn't part of a larger company. Once it became Ethos, things started changing - but not for the lower staff. Lack of communication, lack of training, too many things need to be changed if they want to continue.
Pros
short work week, employees
Cons
hardly a 401k, favoritism, failing management, negative energy
Certified Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 13, 2018
Wonderful driven team, great management. Everyone is focused on providing the best medicine while ensuring an excellent client experience. Focused on education of employees with the opportunity for VTS mentoring as well as a VTNE study group. A company that truly understands that if you take care of your Team first the client experience will follow. Minimal turnover of staff speaks to how well they treat their employees. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Room for career growth, excellent pay, good benefits, good work life balance
Cons
Can be very busy, 24 hour practice: 2 holidays per year requirement
Cog in the machine
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 1, 2018
Management is incompetent. They hire people who have never run a hospital to run a giant specialty practice. The egos of the admin and senior doctors are more important than listening to staff and actually making the hospital better for clients patients and staff. People power trip and work you into the ground. If you stand up for yourself they label you a trouble maker.
The leadership culture is very male dominant at the higher levels.
co workers are great and clients
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 13, 2017
company lacks of management & overall cleanliness of the hospital. There are a lot of changes happening with the company & the communications is horrific. They don't care about employees! I enjoy my clients that come in and other employees, but that's about it.
Pros
employee pet benefits
Cons
pay, management, hospital cleanliness