EthosEnergy Group Employee Reviews

Summary
Human Resource Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 14, 2018
I work for the organization as a temporary contract worker. I am hoping to find full-time employment soon. It is a nice organization to work for if you are someone that has a certification or degree to work in the power plant the power plant industry.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
September 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. We value our employees (past and present) and their opinions, if you would like to discuss your experiences with us, please feel free to email comms@ethosenergygroup.com.

Best of luck in finding your next role.

EthosEnergy

Only apply here if you are unemployed and desperately need a job
Power Solutions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
The company is poorly run. There is no transparency between management and everyone else. It is a Joint Venture and in such bad shape the largest stakeholder is trying to get out but cannot find a buyer because no one wants a failing business. The projects I saw were all in bad shape due to poor senior management. The senior management harps on PMs to try and claw bad ever dollar possible however possible, then instantly caves when they need to be called in for backup. Senior management requires weekly meetings that they either do not show up to or play on their phone when they do show up, then act surprised when a problem that has been reports for weeks gets worse. It was extremely clear to everyone on the project teams that senior management did not understand the business. On top of that, senior management was grossly lying to executive management about how bad the projects really were financially. I saw "management" instead of "leadership" because leadership is nonexistent here. Employee moral is lower here than any other place I have ever seen. It was so bad that I left before I even had another job lined up and so were other people. Honestly, I could continue and write a novel about how bad Ethos is.

I am sure HR will reply with their typical "sorry about your bad experience, please contact us so we can pretend to show others reading this that we care."

Avoid at all costs!
Pros
Cons
Pay, Healthcare, Management
July 16, 2018

Hello,

We are disappointed that you feel this way about your time with the company.

EthosEnergy

Very slow, too much politics
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJune 21, 2018
If you are looking for advancement and to learn new things, this is not the place to go. They under pay a lot of employees, and you can't even get a yearly raise. When raises are issued it's not based on merit or if you work hard or even what you know. It took 3 years to get a raise, and everyone got .50 cents or less
Pros
Great if you have no experience
July 16, 2018

Abjectly horrible
Operations and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMay 29, 2018
I can’t say enough and things about this company. They lied to me, changed my job title and description after hiring, cut my hours, awful management, very poor non-competitive pay, the worst benefits I’ve ever seen, and no help to be had from HR for anything.

I will never work for this company again.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, management, corporate leadership, culture
June 4, 2018

Hi, we are disappointed that you feel this way about your time working for us.

If you would like the opportunity to discuss your experience, please contact comms@ethosenergygroup.com

Tough Climate - Company and Sector is going through major downsizing
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2018
Company is still a lot of chimneys operating semi-independently. Management does not seem to know how to increase sales in a very difficult climate. Company's future is cloudy as it could survive, downsize, or get bought and broken up. Growth is not very likely as the Energy Services field is fairly stagnant.

EthosEnergy

A very frustrating place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 19, 2018
The work, in and of itself, is quite satisfying. However, incompetent and inexperienced managers continue to get in the way of progress, communication, career advancement, and the quality of the work.
Internal promotions are rarely posted. Friends of those in power receive newly created jobs, or promotions. Newly appointed middle management doesn’t seem to ask for, nor listen to, recommendations from senior staff, so we continue to make the same mistakes and lose efficiency. Decisions are based on feelings, not data.
Overall, there is a disappointing lack of leadership and clear direction. There is no single mission statement around which to rally.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fun work
Cons
Lack of career advancement, poor management, poor communication
April 26, 2018

Hi, thank you for your review.

Whilst we are glad you find the work you are doing satisfying, we are disappointed that you feel this way overall about the points you have raised.

Thanks again,

productive
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2018
excellent competitive and safety orientated people. Company is competitive in all aspects of the energy or power generation repair field. Excellent and kind minded.
April 26, 2018

Thank you for your review.
We appreciate you taking the time to write it and are pleased to hear that you feel so positively about EthosEnergy.

If you ever want to discuss anything with us, please feel free to contact comms@ethosenergygroup.com

Great Place To Work
Parts Coordinator / Sales (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 21, 2018
Great People an Company, everyone is very helpful and is eager and willing to learn other responsibilities. The Company has a very strong work ethic yet compensate for it in other ways then just salary.
March 8, 2018

Thank you much for your review. We value our employees (past and present) and their opinions, if you would like to discuss your experiences with us, please feel free to email comms@ethosenergygroup.com.

EthosEnergy

Management so bad The employees voted to unionize
Operator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 12, 2018
Poor management, inexperienced managers with questionable ethics.
Upper management disconnected from employees.
Below average area pay.
Clean plant with professional coworkers.
Health care benefits get worse each year.
Good place for young person to get hired and gain experience to move on to better company.
Pros
401k match
Cons
Poor management, dwindling health benefits, poor raises.
March 8, 2018

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to write it.
We are disappointed that you feel this way about your experience working for us.
We value our employees and their opinions, and if you would like to discuss anything further please feel free to email comms@ethosenergygroup.com

EthosEnergy

Had fun learning new ways
Balance Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2017
A learning experience. Vast number of rotating equipment to work on . HR are very helpful ,Safety is a high priority working at Ethos..Good benefits..
Only if you're desperate or inexperienced
Operator (Former Employee) –  CADecember 9, 2017
Management is horrible and backed up by corporate despite the inconsistencies, hypocrisies and flat out lies told by management. The turnover rate for employees at this company is unheard of in the industry and corporate doesn't question why or look into problems caused by poor management. If you are desperate for a job or inexperienced and looking to break into the industry this is a good place to start but DO NOT SETTLE! Granted there are a few good managers out there but the worst of them casts a huge shadow over the company with a corporate structure to back them up. Any employees who report to HR for questions or concerns about anything at all (including benefits, paperwork, training, etc) are not likely to get any response and if they do it is not in a timely manner. The business ethics are a joke.
Pros
It's a career builder
Cons
Poor pay for industry standards, poor benefits, poor leadership
Poor management / communication
Trade Compliance Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2017
Poor communication is the key factor for my dissatisfaction. Management will promise things they never intended on fulfilling. I would be given a task only to be thrown under the bus when management changed their minds.
Benefits
Cons
Unethical management
Challenging. Able to gain a wealth of knowledge working at Ethos.
A Mechanic (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
Ethos recently became the new owners, so I can only speak from the experience I’ve had with them, which is 5 months. This company pays well and offer an abundancel of Over time . It offers great benefits. You will learn how to work on boilers in a large magnitude. You will learn the basis function of a power plant and what exactly produces electricity. It is a good place to be involved in .
Pros
Well paid
Cons
They are new owners so no cons as of now.
micro managed from out of state.
Electrical wire harness lead (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCOctober 11, 2017
A typical day at Ethos Energy can be stressful, challenging, labor intense, mostly around the end of the month or when a customer pulls there return date in on a part but we can't return it because we are waiting on details.
Pros
its a job
Cons
it has some headaches
Productive and fun place to wrok
Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Friendly enviornment with steady work flow management was very helpful and productive. I've learned more about a turbine and its components and to better understand how they operate. The best part of the job to me were my co workers as they were friends outside of work also.
Lost in Distractions
N/A (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
With no clear path to success the company struggles to retain talent. They are in an extremely competitive industry and are fighting a losing battle. Top management has job security at the expense of middle management.
Decent company; bad management
Sales (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 15, 2017
Hit hard by the downturn in the oil and gas industry.
Highly reactive management. Very little leadership at the President level on up. Not a collaborative environment, more interested in assigning blame afterwards than working together. Not a lot of support or realistic expectations from management.
great company
Instrumentation controls technician (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYAugust 1, 2017
Great company to work for with great benefits, good management and organization structure. Will recommend anyone to work for a company like this. Great workplace culture.
great place to work
Lead Part Sales - Light Turbine Division (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2017
Ethos is a great place to work, big enough and yet cozy enough. Culture is easy, people are friendly and knowledgeable of MRO and gas turbines. Shop is great and efficient.
Pros
easy hours, work schedule
Cons
pay
You can do better
Bottom of the Barrel (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 6, 2017
Job is really just about "walking on egg shells". Anyone can get laid off, come in one day and 2 hrs later your asked to sign a pink slip. No warning just give you a box and shoot you out back. Limited people so everyones workload is tripled for the amount of lay offs. Next week they hire new employees.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Working with people who are not qualified

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EthosEnergy Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about