EthosEnergy Group

EthosEnergy Group Employee Reviews

United States96 reviews

industryleadershippoorculturecompanybadbenefitexperience

Ethos Energy Cosumnes Power Plant

I know Ethos Energy operates and manages multiple plants in the Sacramento area but I can speak for the CCP in Herald. The Cosumnes Power Plant is a great environment regardless of your experience in the industry or similar industry. Both the employees and management are encouraging and willing to help you advance as long as you’re motivated and industrious. Overall great place to work.

Work life balance

There is no work life balance…worked way too many hours as a salary person. The most enjoyable part of the job was a FEW Days f the people I worked with. You learn a lot of things when you work in chaos.

EthosEnergy Group insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Poor management

I was working for this company as a vendor through another IT company called ATOS and NSC Global. Working with three different managers learned nothing and you can’t expect to grow when three crazy managers telling you three different things to do.

Pros

Great hardworking people to meet with

Cons

Very poor management

What is the best part of working at the company?The people the environment the team leads the management was great they are good teachers and very helpfulWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing really no stressWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great work ethics and helpful peopleWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Always looking forward to another project and to finish a service unit as a team

Good compensation

It all depends on the management that is hired. I was fortunate to have good managers that made going to work as painless as possible. Work life balance isn't the best but that's to be expected in this industry.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Work life balance

Next!

for what it's worth, i enjoyed the people i worked with more than the actual job i performed. major disconnect from leadership. would not recommend..

Lot of overtime for the price of your health

Machine shop over aged with 30+ years CNC machines in bad shape, manual machines 80+in bad shape. Management not helpful.5 weeks work with 12 h a day even on weekendsnon stop. When they don't need you they send you home for 2 mounts without pay.

Great place to learn and possibly build a career

Good people to work with and a lot to learn. Benefits are good overall especially the 401k and vacation policy. The raises are the bad part but are gradually getting more consistent. Only negative is that raises are across the board so if you excel or fail your reward is the same in the end.

A great place to work clean and everyone works together management is safety minded and makes sure it is followed clean facility management is easy to talk to

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Struggling company and struggling industry, management team lacks clear focus and communication, slowly pivoting towards the right direction...

The energy transition is putting pressure on the industry, but the company also struggles internally to get things done and hold people accountable. The management team lacks focus and planning of long-term goals. An aging workforce with no focused recruitment of young talent.

Pros

Flexible hours and workplace. Nice coworkers, but disorganized.

Cons

Average pay. Average training. Lack of focus of management team.

Unprofessional

Management was unprofessional at the plant I worked and they drove off more then 30+ good employees in the few years that I was there. Corporate was aware and did nothing. I would not recommend anyone to work for ethos energy.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Supervisors

Supervisors are BEYOND UNPROFESSIONAL! Very unfair. It is definitely a Good Ol'Boys Club!!Favorites were allowed to do close to nothing all day. Putting extra work on others.

14 years and going strong. Just wish it was in a different state. Management team is great. I'm also included in planning for the future. Work culture for the most part is great.

Was great, but the recent CEO Ana is destroying it

I loved working for Ethosenergy and really had no intention of leaving. I was happy and working with the best group I’ve ever worked with. The work had purpose, we were a team, and we were chugging along… Then come Ceo Ana. Mass layoffs and everyone having no clue what there job is or if it is even safe. She’s promoting people who clearly have no idea how to manage people and are destroying the company. Moral is dead and it shows in the mass exodus even while they are laying everyone off.

Pros

Great group at first but they have all left now

Cons

Poor leadership and the ones left are burned out

Interesting group think culture here

There’s a disconnect between those in the old Turbo-Care and Wood Group silos. Sales is disconnected from Engineering and visa-versa. HR isn’t for the workers, but rather responds to the whims of upper management. The upper management team is disassociated from the day-to-day issues that employees face. A legit Quality culture to totally missing from all operating groups. Plus, they continue to bleed experienced people on a consistent basis over the past 18 months. Innovation is stifled by a Group Think mentality that has infiltrated from the Old Turbo-Care culture.

Pros

Good benefits, And above average pay, managers that value work that employees perform are the glue that holds the organization together.

Cons

CEO and upper management do not care motivated by their own self centered interests, Middle management is disconnected from employees, lacks the interpersonal skills to communicate a vision whether short or long-term.

July 14, 2021
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to write it.If you would like to discuss anything further, please contact comms@ethosenergygroup.com

Decent place to work.

Great people at the technician level. Not so good management. Low budget makes getting help very difficult for big jobs. Good pay though. Thats the only way to keep their good employees.

Pros

Boot, clothes allowance. Free lunch every now and then.

Cons

HR doesn't know what they're doing.

July 13, 2021
Thank you for your review, we value our employees and their opinions.If you ever want to discuss anything with us, please feel free to contact comms@ethosenergygroup.comThanks,EthosEnergy

Plenty of cuts

New CEO all that maters is the bottom line, GM laid off with no replacement for over a year. Additional cuts made by a replacement HR that was never there. From what I have seen this division will be closed or sold. Those who were not laid off are all looking for new employment and the staffing is still dropping off without replacements. I would estimate that they are down 50% with that being 75% of their experience. I wish them luck but it will be difficult with the lack of leadership from the top down. New CEO came in and almost all of the good senior level management went to different companies or retired.

July 13, 2021

Positive interaction between management and engineering

Good place to work, great engineeing department and easy access to management. The most enjoyable is working alongside skilled workers and share experiences and ideas.

Pros

Wages, benefits, work environment

April 7, 2021
Thank you much for your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with EthosEnergy. If you ever want to discuss anything with us, please feel free to contact comms@ethosenergygroup.comThanks,EthosEnergy

bottom line only no loyalty

it does not matter who or what you do for this company if the they need reduction in force your gone. laid off with out notice after many years at the company

April 7, 2021
Hi, We are disappointed that you feel this way. We value our employees (past and present) and their opinions, if you would like to discuss your experiences with us, please feel free to email comms@ethosenergygroup.com.Many thanks,EthosEnergy

No mas.

Depends on your position, but I've been working 6-7 days a week, 10 hours minimum per day with no time off/holidays. Again, depending on your position they either eliminated or greatly reduced bonus potential...generally the ones working the hardest got theirs eliminated entirely. Said it was the results of a market study finding 20-25% were not the industry standard, when the competitor across town had a similar study done and reduced the bonuses to 22.5% (the median for this industry). No opportunities for personal development, conferences, etc. Ton of people with LOTS of experience then get siloed into one-task automatons. Everybody on the corporate side is looking for an out. Generally, impression is that the new management team believes we were all hatched as Ethos employees and have zero other baseline experiences and will just buy their fabricated talking points. Zero support from the leadership team...fairly certain they would sacrifice any one of us if they felt it would serve them in some way.

Pros

Used to be a fantastic group of people...very few are left, though.

Cons

Development, work life balance, compensation, entire leadership team, experience at Ethos actually hurting chances of being able to leave Ethos

November 23, 2020
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to write it. We value our employees and their opinions, and if you would like to discuss your experiences with us please feel free to email comms@ethosenergygroup.com. Thanks, EthosEnergy

Very unprofessional place to work, detached.

I had a bad experience working with Ethos. The company doesn't create a sense of belonging ... rather marks the territory between corporate and plant personnel fostering indolence.

November 23, 2020
Hello, We are disappointed that you feel this way about your time with the company. We value our employees (past and present) and their opinions, if you would like to discuss your experiences with us, please feel free to email comms@ethosenergygroup.com. Many thanks, EthosEnergy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EthosEnergy Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare EthosEnergy Group with

Learn about EthosEnergy Group in popular locations

• EthosEnergy Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?