ETS-Lindgren Inc. Employee Reviews

Annoying place to work
Fabricator A (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKMarch 27, 2019
This is the most infuriating job I have ever had. Constantly being berated for doing my job the way I was trained. Constantly being berated for doing everything that was asked of me. Would have walked out sooner if I didnt need the money.
April 3, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are disappointed to hear about your frustration. Your feedback is very helpful as we support our leadership in their efforts to grow and guide employees. We believe that each employee contributes directly to ETS-Lindgren Inc.’s growth and success. We want you to succeed and we want you to be happy here. Our HR team is available if you would like to discuss this situation in further detail.

Good company to get started in.
Assembly Lead (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMarch 15, 2019
ETS is a good company to get started in. The only draw back is that there is no room for advancement.
Typical day is around 10 to 12 hrs if your are in a key position.
8 hours if you are not in a key roll.
The pay is low for operators.
March 19, 2019

We appreciate your feedback. We have a well-deserved reputation for attracting, developing, recognizing and retaining the best people in our industry. ETS-Lindgren Inc. understands ours is a people business, and our customers benefit when our employees embody the best skills, expertise and experiences in the marketplace. The investment we make in training and development is an investment in your success and ours. We encourage you to seize the opportunity to learn and grow by taking advantage of the many training classes, workshops, online and web-based offerings. Ask your Manager about opportunities available to you in your role.

Not worth it
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJanuary 30, 2019
You'll work all the time and get paid some of the time. Great job if you live with your mom and dad. It's not worth the hassle for the time spent away from home.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not getting paid on time
February 11, 2019

The Installation Technician role is a challenging position at ETS-Lindgren Inc. This role requires extensive travel and the work days can be long. There is not a typical schedule for this position as it is based on our client’s project needs and requirements. We provide this expectation during the recruitment process however it is easier to discuss the necessary travel than experience it first-hand.

workers recogition
Solderer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Would recommend more hours and higher salary and the supervisor needs to check on the employers more to check on the safety of others and provide more safer equipment, pay attention workers and their progress to get them hired on to the company and not through a temp service
February 11, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a safe working environment for everyone here at ETS-Lindgren Inc. We have policies and procedures in place for our safety standards. We take safety very seriously and have continuous, required safety training for all employees. Each employee also has a responsibility to report any unsafe activity to our Management team. Management will address any reported situation accordingly to ensure our safety standards are upheld.

We utilize several avenues for our recruiting and staffing needs with temporary staffing being one of them. We believe temporary staffing is a great resource to find excellent talent in our tight knit market. Our Management team works with each employee (temporary or permanent) to ensure he or she has the right tools needed to progress in their current and future roles at ETS-Lindgren Inc.

The People in Charge Use Their Power
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 12, 2018
This company will not treat you kindly if you do not fit into their click. No matter HOW HARD you work, its all about who you know, not what you know.
February 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing. Everyone at ETS-Lindgren Inc. receives an equal opportunity to succeed. There is a lot we can all do to create a work environment of mutual respect, where every employee, customer and vendor is treated fairly. We are strongly committed to the development of our employees and to recognizing each employee’s contribution to the business.

Travel and work consistently
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2017
On the road a lot. Work 60+ plus hour a week. Hardly get to see my family. Work in hospitals or at an industrial. Put together shielding rooms and do RF testing.
February 11, 2019

Thank you for your feedback about the Installation Technician role. This position requires a strong willed and skilled individual to push through the long hours and extensive travel. We understand how travelling can limit your family time. We hope all of our positions which require travel know how much we appreciate their hard work and efforts to support our client projects.

Warehouse Acoustic Material Coordinator & Welder (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Oversaw operations of 3 production units, tool room and maintenance department – up to 20
employees on first shift. Scheduled work, optimizing efficient use of personnel and production
materials, identified need for temporary workers; directed their training and scheduling.
Resolved employee conflicts and ensured productive work environment.
February 11, 2019

Thanks for sharing. From your review, it sounds like you were successful in your role with us. We are happy you had a positive experience at ETS-Lindgren Inc.

Ehhhh
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I loved the diversity of my job, and everyday was overall fun and interesting, but that's the kinda guy I am, happy-go-lucky.

Although I was laid-off after 16 years of loyal service, I did find that there are much more interesting, better paying, and educational jobs in and around the area. So, I'm pretty-much grateful they did lay me off. There are much better places to work, trust me.
February 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our strength is in the tremendous diversity of employees, customers and products. The talent we have across the organization is very diverse and positions us well against the competition. The work itself is interesting, providing employees with challenges and variety. We have experienced financial growth, stability and strong positions within our markets.

Career
Project Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 10, 2017
To make you a better person and great at what you do. Take any feed back, coaching and learn from your mistakes to be better. Love what you do and have passion.
Pros
Everyday you learn something new
Cons
Use me more for my knowledge
February 11, 2019

We appreciate your awesome feedback. Everyone who works here (every location, every department, and every position) brings something unique to ETS-Lindgren Inc. Our company supports, recognizes and develops people to their fullest potential.

Corrupt, incompetent, misleading
"Filter Assembly" (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMay 5, 2017
The job I applied and interviewed for and the job I ended up at were two extremely different positions. The filter assembly manager Lorena tried to sell me on the idea that I would "move up" to the position I had interviewed for if I did a few weeks of back breaking work that tore up my hands and put stress on the rest of my body, and after a week of doing this back breaking work I found out that there were no plans to move me "up" at all, and that Lorena had told the other guy that was hired with me the SAME LIE. They weren't even hiring for the position I interviewed for. I asked HR what their plans were about it and they wanted to blame the temp agency for me being "mislead" (Solomon Page, another horrible temp agency). After talking to HR I got a call from my horribly incompetent temp agent and he said that they had decided to let me go. I didn't get paid for my work until almost a month later because Solomon Page and ETS Lindgren kept saying the other was responsible to pay me. Even my supervisor in the department said he was looking for an "exit strategy". What a horrible experience. I'll never use a temp agency again and I would never recommend anybody to work for ETS Lindgren. I would give this place ZERO stars if it were possible!
February 11, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience with the temporary staffing agency. We recognized this was an opportunity for improvement and have since developed a stronger working relationship with all of our staffing agencies. This provides us a transparent and clear line of communication when collaborating to fill a vacant position. Our organization also created a more comprehensive job description to entail the general tasks, or other related duties and responsibilities of each position at ETS-Lindgren Inc.

Workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMarch 29, 2017
Good education with upstanding professionals. positive work crew. Friendly co-workers good management stress free due to teamwork with lower management,
Pros
relaxed work time
Cons
Slow advancements of production
February 11, 2019

We appreciate your review. Teams are core to ETS-Lindgren Inc. achieving its goals and getting results. By forming teams, we best utilize the variety of talent which exists in the Company.

Good people, poorly led
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minocqua, WIFebruary 23, 2017
A company full of educated and dedicated people who like what they do. The culture had become more challenging as management appeared to be more focused on shareholder appeasement than fostering the development of the people who provide the nervous system and musculature of the company.

The work / life balance is heavily skewed towards work. Salaries do not favorably compare to other companies that offer professional, para professional, and labor careers.
February 12, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to read about your perception of Management’s focus on shareholder appeasement. Our Management style of providing feedback is through both formal and informal conversations. Formal Performance Reviews are conducted on an annual basis companywide. These may include an individual development plan. You can also expect to have regular informal meetings with your Manager for feedback sessions. During these meetings, your Manager will discuss your performance and allow you the opportunity to present how your goals are progressing and discuss any roadblocks you may be encountering. Your Manager will also guide you, encouraging an exchange of ideas and points of view about your performance. All occasions are opportunities for you and your Manager to have a candid discussion about your career. Our Management team recognizes our employees are key to our continuing success and the importance of individual development. We are proud to have such wonderful employees throughout the globe with us at ETS-Lindgren Inc.

A lot of hard work and not for everybody
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJanuary 26, 2017
My job right now consist of traveling to the job via car or plane. Then its usually a 2 man crew . We unload a truck with our material and stage them in an appointed area. We have different types of enclosures which are prepped accordingly. Enclosures can range from one week to several months.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
February 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. The Installation Technician role is truly a road warrior position. There is extensive travel involved as well as unique skills necessary to complete each onsite project. We appreciate each Installation Technician and the tremendous effort they bring to their role!

Productive and fast pace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXAugust 22, 2016
On daily basis out team leader provides us with instructions for new job and deadline for it. Most products are shipped out of state, so time and team work makes it get done faster. We build acoustic to help to detect, measure, shield and control this energy.
Diverse
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXFebruary 26, 2016
A diverse and unique field with talented, professional, fun and intelligent staff and co-workers.

The most enjoyable aspects of this job was the diversity. There was always an opportunity for unique and interesting tasks.
Could be better
Installation technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 22, 2016
Overall the company lacks the ability to operate as a "Team", with minimum quality control, which can make for a difficult working environment.
Great company operating in mature markets
Vice President- Global Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILNovember 4, 2015
Pressure to increase margins however is driving business decisions which are negatively impacting job security and culture within the organization. Global business with U.S. support.
Pros
Great products & technology
Cons
Margin expectations high, better management of cost needed
A potentially good firm
Sales (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILMarch 3, 2015
This company has grown through acquisitions and as a result, deals with multiple cultures and the problems that go with that type of organizational dynamic.

I met some very nice people at the company and some very toxic people. After my first week at the company, I realized that it was going to be an interesting ride. The company had been recently acquired by ESCO and merged with ETS in Cedar Park, TX. You could literally feel the clash of cultures from these two former arch enemies.

Shortly after joining, the president retired and his son took over the Glendale Heights facility. Many of the people at work in Glendale Heights were boyhood school chums with the new president and as a result, a major club atmosphere was in place. If you were not "in" the club, you were definitely on the outside looking in.

To be fair, there were some exceptional people on the staff as well, but the toxic leadership made it exceedingly hard to feel part of the team.

I unfortunately have way too many negative tales to tell about my ETS-Lindgren tenure, however, I must say that I made the best of a poorly paying job through my world travels and making great friends.

I would like to say that I was in support of the management 100%, but I can't. As well, I have few nice things to say regarding the ESCO management team. I'll just leave it at that. The ETS side of the fence was totally dominant after the acquisition and merger of them with Lindgren RF Enclosures. I have not followed the new iteration of ETS-Lindgren since my departure, but I know that they have moved forward
  more... with new products that have approached a broader spectrum of firms. Let's face it, how many shielded rooms and anechoic chambers do you buy everyday.

The net, net here is that I think they have a lot of untapped potential. Even though my experience was negative, I still wish them well in creating a more positive and less secretive/clannish work environment.
Pros
Worked with some nice folks
Cons
Company was plagued with a major "Good Ole Boys Club" dynamic
Used to be a well respected place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILMarch 1, 2015
The company was a well respected player and innovator in the RF and magnetic shielding world. The company was run on rampant nepotism, and if you were not part of the "club", you were marginalized at best. There were a few straight shooters, but for the most part, I trusted few of the upper managers or their superiors over at ESCO. Luckily I had some friends who were "plugged in" into the HR department and gave me a good heads up prior to my layoff.

Unfortunately I have way too many negative stories related to this work experience. I wish I had fewer, but after the first couple of weeks at the facility in Glendale Heights, IL, I quickly realized what I was in for that the Old Boys Club culture was deeply engrained in the organization. Additionally, the ESCO purchase and the subsequent merging of ETS and Lindgren RF Enclosures created a really weird vibe. It quickly became quite apparent that the ETS side of the equation was dominant and they ruled the roost.

The one good thing is that I traveled the world on their dime and gained a wealth of experience.

In all fairness, I have been gone for some time now and the company has morphed quite a bit into different products in the T&M and wireless market spaces. I hope that things have eventually come together in a better over all fashion. There are still some real nice folks in the ETS-Lindgren organization who are quite intelligent.

Even though my experience was overall a negative one, I still wish them well. I met some nice people who were very kind to me and who became close friends.
Pros
Some nice folks who were knowledgeable
Cons
Woefully encumbered by the "Old Boys Club"
Chaotic work environment
Manufacturing operations (Former Employee) –  Cedar ParkJanuary 22, 2015
Management is hostile, and unpredictable. No organization in production, inventory management, and shipping.

No one is held responsible for his/her job.

Manufacturing is a dirty mess. The office and kitchen are filthy.

Salary is below the standard, raises are almost null.

If you've never worked anywhere else its OK, because you don't know any better.
Pros
People
Cons
Compensation, Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ETS-Lindgren Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.