Etsy

Etsy Employee Reviews

United States49 reviews
It’s really nice to have your own schedule and be able to express your creativity with your own business. Learning from other creators is a huge perk of working with Etsy and it teaches valuable skills about time management, organization and more.
Overall I loved my time at Etsy. The office was amazing, ability to WFH, culture, events, etc were the best of any job I have had. The pay and benefits are amazing, too! I was in seller support payments, which was a VERY tough role with a ton of intricate background work necessary. Looking back, I think I was too emotional for the job, as Etsy wants you to follow the resource articles and be pretty "black and white" about payment decisions. I was having some trouble grasping the payment concepts and after 7 months I was put on a performance improvement plan and through that, improved a lot and drastically raised my customer experience score. I was told by my manager in private meetings that even if for some reason the role of payments didn't work out, she would work with me on transferring me to another team. This proved to be completely false. I came into work June 2019 expecting to meet with my manager and HR to discuss the completion of the Performance Improvement Plan. Since I had improved so much and raised my score, along with verbally being told prior by my manager that she would still work with me in another team, was under the impression that there would be no issues. Instead, I was completely blindsided that morning and let go.... to say I am still shocked is an understatement. I believe other things were involved whether it be politics or whatever. I'm still not sure what happened but have since gone on to start my own business for the past year and a half. Etsy was great and I have no hard feelings but I would be wary of the Seller Support Payments team in particular. - more...
Pros
Benefits, office environment, pay, Wfh, culture, pride
Cons
Untrustworthy management
It’s great to be able to have an idea and run with it. I’ll likely return to Etsy when I have time to spare again. There’s something really special about the way they allow creativity to be sold online.
Very user friendly, both from a customer and store owner standpoint. Tools are helpful with promoting and furthering one's store, and the interface is great.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
-You get banned for hypocritical reasons
-Unfair management

-Too many competitors

-Competitors tend to report sellers when they feel intimidated by other people's similar work to theirs
Pros
Work on your own time
Cons
Very high seller fees
You're able to customize everything about your own business. It's very flexible. It's user friendly. It doesn't have errors often. When errors do happen responses are quick and efficient.
Fun to work from home at your favorite art skill and having a market for people who appreciate it you can appeal to niche groups of people but have the whole world to sell to opening up your business potential.
My Etsy shop has been great. It has allowed me to be both creative and administrative. It gives me complete flexibility as I work mostly from home. I am also able to donate a portion of my proceeds.
It was an awesome place to work. The position included a lot of different responsibilities you had to do. Fast paced & overall rewarding. I loved working here.
I work from home making jewelry so it is time consuming and I have to bring my own traffic and it usually doesn't pay off but it is a learning experience.
The people at Etsy were some of the friendliest I have encountered. However, they clearly did not have a clear vision that they were attempting to achieve during my contract there. Furthermore, they did not have an understanding of Project Management as an expertise or a foundation with which to build their upcoming campaigns on. While everyone had wonderful intentions, it was a failed opportunity for myself as the employee and the team that hired me.
Etsy is nice because you can work as much or as little as you like. It's selling your own handmade or vintage items. You get out of it what you put in.
Pros
Work from home
Great experience in sales, SEO and inbound marketing, inventory management, data entry, order processing, basic administrative duties, shipping management,
I work on my own time and sell products that I make myself. It is a great side job that I am expanding on everyday. Etsy makes it very easy to be a successful shop owner.
Running my own sewing business on Etsy has been a great learning experience. I'd recommend it to any small creative business owner looking to sell their wares or even just getting their feet wet.
Fees continue to go up but overall, a great startup if you have a stand out product. Otherwise there is a ton of competition and you will need to pay for additional advertising.
Pros
Set own hours.
Cons
lack of total control over your own business.
Its a stay at home job and makes it so creaters can make a little extra money. The fees are a little to high in my opinion and they dont explain to potential customers that you are just a single person not some one who works in a big etsy facility.
Etsy is a great place to work at if you need to work from home. Most enjoyable part of the job was selling items. Realizing that something you've made, someone else actually liked.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
You can set your own hours be creative and manage your own shop. Most enjoyable part is you can own your own shop and work from home. Very professional.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
I did Etsy during highschool and it was good money but by senior year I felt like I needed something more stuctured with clear advancements. It was good money and awesome that I got to work anytime from anywhere but if you do not commit to it 100% it can easily get the best of you.
Pros
Work from anywhere
Cons
Money reflects commitment
Hard but worth the effort if you can get your name out their. It just takes time an effort to achieve a stable income, but you will be barely cutting it for the first year or longer.