Etsy Employee Reviews

Freelancer
Online Retail Seller (Current Employee) –  Easton, CTApril 22, 2019
Running my own sewing business on Etsy has been a great learning experience. I'd recommend it to any small creative business owner looking to sell their wares or even just getting their feet wet.
Great place if you have a stand out product
House of Legends Etsy. Com shop (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALApril 12, 2019
Fees continue to go up but overall, a great startup if you have a stand out product. Otherwise there is a ton of competition and you will need to pay for additional advertising.
Pros
Set own hours.
Cons
lack of total control over your own business.
Its a stay at home job a d makes it so creaters can make a little extra money
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAMarch 5, 2019
Its a stay at home job and makes it so creaters can make a little extra money. The fees are a little to high in my opinion and they dont explain to potential customers that you are just a single person not some one who works in a big etsy facility.
Easy and Productive
Online Entrepreneur (Current Employee) –  Gillsville, GAMarch 3, 2019
Etsy is a great place to work at if you need to work from home. Most enjoyable part of the job was selling items. Realizing that something you've made, someone else actually liked.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Productive and fun managing your own shop.
Owner (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 28, 2019
You can set your own hours be creative and manage your own shop. Most enjoyable part is you can own your own shop and work from home. Very professional.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
Good if you commit to it
Self-employed (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 14, 2018
I did Etsy during highschool and it was good money but by senior year I felt like I needed something more stuctured with clear advancements. It was good money and awesome that I got to work anytime from anywhere but if you do not commit to it 100% it can easily get the best of you.
Pros
Work from anywhere
Cons
Money reflects commitment
Fun
Owner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 27, 2018
Hard but worth the effort if you can get your name out their. It just takes time an effort to achieve a stable income, but you will be barely cutting it for the first year or longer.
Working as a Seller
Seller (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 1, 2018
As a Seller, your experience is completely tailored to make it as simple as possible to share your art with the world. From marketing to billing, the company has ironed out every possibility.
Great for artists
Artist (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 19, 2018
I sell my own artwork in this job. I don't really work at Etsy but I do have a store where I sell alot of my fanarts that are in forms of : stickers, buttons, charms, prints, commissions etc. I also sell some of my original art as well.
Company Treats Shop Owners Very Poorly
Shop Owner/Dropshipper (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 29, 2018
Etsy is okay money, but it only takes one customer complaint to have your livelihood shut down permanently by Etsy.

They treat sellers like criminals.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Will ban sellers capriciously and without warning, even without terms violations
love to create
Merchandiser/Charity Events (Current Employee) –  Dayton OhioApril 10, 2018
I enjoy creating things and selling my creations but I need more. I have really enjoyed being able to do what I do, from home and in my pajamas. Its just not reliable enough for my changing needs.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no retirement
Etsy is great!
Maker (Current Employee) –  Spencerville, OHApril 7, 2018
I just started up on Etsy which I wanted to for a while now. I love knitting and doing small crafts at home, so I've been excited to take my hobby and bring it to others to enjoy. The site is easy to work with and it gives me an insane outlook on my views and sales. I've been very impressed with the organization. If you have a hobby and want to inspire and sell your product, Etsy is the place to do it!
Pros
fleixlbe schedule
difficult to manage
Sales (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 13, 2018
sending out packages and handling customers was overwhelming. Overflow of orders and confusing website directions made the job difficult to maintain regularly
Self Motivation
Self-Employed Online Shop Owner (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 7, 2018
Not a job for everyone, but the perfect job for someone. Etsy is a beautiful, crafty, artistic community with endless inspiration. I'm happy artists can rely on Etsy.
Pros
Be your own boss
etsy
SHOP OWNER (Current Employee) –  AnywhereFebruary 3, 2018
Working with Etsy is great. I mean you can set your own schedule and if youre creative or have a good product making great profit your income is limitless.
Pros
work at home
Cons
if youre not selling or working on something you wont profit
good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 27, 2017
good place to work. nice environment. great people. many are undervalued. all depends on team, manager and organization. Many changes over the past year .
Good for those who are disciplined
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 21, 2017
This is an excellent position or those looking to make some extra cash in between jobs. Requires discipline, but very fun to do once you get into the swing of things!
Flexible
Vendor (Current Employee) –  onlineSeptember 20, 2017
Great place to sell your art. You can do it all on your own time, which is a huge plus. I have done this as my side job for over two years. I definitely recommend
Well Structured, Organized
Creative Entrepreneurship Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJuly 18, 2017
I worked as an assistant to an Etsy Creative Entrepreneurship Course. It was volunteer, to gain experience as a university student. I found the program very beneficial as a practicing entrepreneur. I also operate an etsy store account and have been very pleased with the general setup and results.
Fun and encouraged personal responsibility
Store Owner (Current Employee) –  Elverson, PAMay 26, 2017
I make my own schedule and manage all orders within a given time frame. I answer all emails within one business day, and have maintained a 5 star rating.
Pros
Make my own schedule
Cons
Orders are not consistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Etsy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Etsy.

Powered by Comparably