European Metal Recycling

Working at European Metal Recycling: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

A good place to work with great development opportunities

EMR, at the head office at least, is a solid, nice place to work. I cannot fault the company in terms of opportunities as I was given a great opportunity despite not having much experience for the job I interviewed for. By giving me this chance, I feel I have developed strongly in my year or so since joining EMR. The salary is very good, and working hours are your standard 40 hour week. Management, in my department at least, are very good and the creativity and variation in my role is what makes my job enjoyable. If I was to give some criticism to EMR it would be the holiday entitlement could certainly be improved as could communication in the business as a whole. Sometimes things happen a little on the fly and could be planned out better, but on the whole it is a very good company to work for.

Official response from European Metal Recycling

November 27, 2019
We are really pleased to hear your experience has been so positive. We firmly believe in investing in our people and are working with all our managers to ensure that staff are made to feel valued.We appreciate your constructive comments around areas for improvement, which we take on board. If you have anything further to add please get in touch with us on experience@emrgroup.com

working in the elements for low pay is not what i expected.

there are way better places to work at then a scrap yard. working out in the heat for low pay isnt exactly a career choice. there are way better things you can do to earn money.

European Metal Recycling insights

Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Great place to work that is really inclusive and promotes progression

Been here just over two years now and have always felt part of the team. I have make two steps up the progression ladder. This company has invested more in me financially in 2 years than the college I worked at previously did in 11 years.They make a real effort to embed themselves in the community and bond with the workforce. Many people have been here a long time. The company celebrates all significant birthdays, work anniversaries and your life events with you. Always seeing birthday cards, certificates of service (with a present) and weddings, child births being celebrated by the management. Where else does that?The business sponsors a local charity at every sites across the UK. They also do a lot of work for corporate social responsibility. I guess it is because it is family owned and not just all about profit. You often see the family owners within the business and all are very down to earth and approachable. I really appreciate what I have here. I feel valued and rewarded. I'm a foster carer and occasionally this throws me a fastball. Work has always been brilliant about it. Very supportive and helpful. I work hard for a living, but always feel motivated towards my work and feel I have a great team around me.

Pros

Work life balance, company perks, strong and supportive management, investment in staff.

Cons

Not the highest wages, but fair.

If your face fits your ok wages under normal given a pay increase in one hand and taken overtime rate away from time and half to time and quarter in other hand Carnt keep drivers

Pros

Cons

Can be long days

US should be managed like the UK

The US location should be managed like the U.K. The corporate office is a complete joke. Employees are treated like they don’t matter. Instead of doing surveys to see what the employees think can be improved, how about speaking with the people who have left and finding out WHY they left. It’s a revolving door because no one cares.

EMR as i know the company is a place that has zero tolerance for racism

I worked at EMR at the and my experience at this company can not be changed for anything,i learnt a lot from there,with my senior and work mates we really enjoyed working with each others,i never had any hardest part of the job because i determined before i start working with them

Emr have to do better towards their employees

Been with EMR for a few years now and I have to say I notice how they really can careless if you working hard always on time and never miss no days they will overlook all that. They give you PTO time but tell you when you can and can’t use them if you miss work due to being sick they’ll force you to use your PTO time. I once caught the flu from working in the rain for EMR that’s how dedicated I was but while I was our I wasnt getting paid cause they don’t offer sick time off therefore I was begins on bills but I always hear how the company before was actually looking out for their employees

Pay not well

The pay is not at all competitive and there is little opportunities for advancement if you're not in the "higher ups" circle. They tend to ignore the thoughts of "common folk".

Best scrap yard to sell your scrap metal

EMR offers the best and most accurate prices that will top all the other yards. With long time employees who will feel like family, this scrap yard is definitely worth the trip to make some extra cash.

Pros

Great employees

Cons

One sided management

Common questions about European Metal Recycling

Answered by current and former employees at European Metal Recycling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Metal Recycling. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits