European Wax Center Employee Reviews

gossip ,cut throat industry
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 19, 2018
the place is all about gossip, no loyalty and everyone will stab you in the back and create lies just to seem like there doing the right thing. A typical work day was beyond stressful and not from the job itself just from the environment. I learned how to handle negativity and become a bigger person from it. The most enjoyable part of the job was LEAVING IT.
Friendly staff within an unorganized environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Downtown, Tampa, FloridaJuly 19, 2018
As a temporary marketing intern here I was able to learn a lot of useful knowledge and skills which I could bring with me after my time at the company was completed. Even though there was a lack of communication between employees, I was able to learn customer service skills, time management, and some forms of digital marketing as well as organization skills. Management was nice but unorganized and would often blame employees for mistakes on his part. From this I was able to learn how to quickly correct or improve things. The hardest part of this job was pleasing my managers but my favorite part was gaining important experience and skills in the marketing and customer service field.
Pros
marketing experience, learning digital marketing skills
Cons
unorganized management
Fun place to work with a positive atmosphere
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 18, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of checking guest in and out. Answering phones. Booking, categorize, and scheduling future reservations. Properly educating guest about store promotions, wax passes, and products.
Pros
Free Body Waxing
The worst job ever
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJJuly 17, 2018
Franchise owner is racist and cheap.
Will complain about sales and payroll every day!
She will drive you crazy with her anxiety issues and lack of front desk knowledge & customer service. Everyone complains about how rude and nasty she speaks to employees and guests.
By far the worst place I’ve ever worked!!!
Don’t waste your time - apply elsewhere
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
No breaks, No insurance, No paid time off, No benefits, Lack of hours, Boring work life
Great culture, Great products, poor career
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyJuly 16, 2018
EWC has fantastic products and methods. A cosmetologist definitely benefits from getting their training. They have the best wax, hands down. All products are cruelty free, besides the use of beeswax. They're very natural and good for the skin, they truly work. However, EWC is franchise based, so benefits and pay are left to the store owners. In my experiences, it was hard to get established as a waxer and those who seemed to survive off the pay had a significant other they were receiving financial help from, or they had a second job. I worked at a store that did offer benefits, and another that offered none at all. This job relies heavily on a busy traffic pattern and SALES!
Pros
Short shifts, receptionist handles appointment making, great company and products, sales commission
Cons
low pay, low benefits, unpredictable paycheck amounts, no advancement opportunities or pay raises
Could be better
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJuly 15, 2018
Old management was better than new management. Once the new manager came in everything went downhill from there. They lost more than half of their employees from quitting. Currently have people filing paperwork with the labor board because we were all paid unfairly.
Pros
Free waxes, discounted products
Cons
Management, pay
Timed services
Esthetician/Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 14, 2018
Highly stressful with particular timed services. First time guests need extra time to fully consult and review pre and post care. On a very busy day, services overlapped. Also no break room for lunch. It’s very unsanitary to eat lunch in a room where specialists wax all body parts.
Pros
Cons
No break room.
asaas
WAX SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 11, 2018
We are surrounded by genuine and caring people. The moto of “great employees only” not only acts as a core value, but truly encompasses our expectations of each other. As a team, we use each other to talk through situations, to stay sane after a rough day, and to push each other to go past our comfort zones. Sure, there are perks like cooking in the kitchen on your birthday month, carpooling and lunch programs, manufacturer trainings, but we also have book clubs, coaching, mentoring, and mindfulness training. It’s not about the perks it’s about the people. Because of the fast paced environment there can be some tougher days, but I do believe that comes along with any career path.
Fun and competive job with good people
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILJuly 10, 2018
My location was amazing to work for. I joined the team when it 1st opened in 2014 and my manager was always awesome. She worked with you on days and times you need ed off. There was slight pressure to sell the service passes but my job was never in jeopardy if a goal was not met. I loved working for a workplace where I actually believed what we were doing. I got the opportunity to educate guests and convert shavers. And apparently some of the guests loved me enough to be sad when I told them I was leaving. If I lived closer to this location I would work here forever
Pros
Discounts, free waxing opportunites, commission
Cons
All female workplace, stubborn guests
Horrible company
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 9, 2018
Don't work here if its a corporate location. They treat their employees like trash and expect the most from them! All they care about is product sales!
Pros
Free lunch once a week during team meeting. chill environment at times
Cons
management is poor from store manager all the way to to CEO. pay is poor. no benefits
Bad owners Amazing Company
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2018
Amazing company in general. Wax is amazing & job is not hard.

Owners however only care about making money for themselves. They are never around and only care about their pockets.

They have no room for growth with their employee's I worked with this company over 3 years and never could grow after I was fully booked because they do not give raises & they changed the pay structure even more so now wax associates now make even LESS money and have to work harder. Its a real shame because other franchisee pay better and treat their employees better overall.. Charlotte area centers are not good owners to work for.

They have had some really good employees working here and they keep losing them because of poor treatment. They also cannot keep managers because they do not pay or treat them professionally. They treat everyone like they are replaceable which is truly sad.
Pros
wax, employees, great customers, tips daily
Cons
Owners, low pay, no room for long term growth
poor work place with high standards they cant even reach
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2018
You're worked like a dog and have to push packages and rebuttal with unrealistic scripts, you get little to no commission for each package you sell with unrealistic goals and expectations. Your hours depend on your package sales. You have to give a month in advance notice when you will be calling out but even then have to try and find coverage even though you haven't gotten that months schedule yet. just save yourself the stress and don't work here..
Pros
1/2 off waxing
Cons
Literally everything.
Great Management
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 5, 2018
I love working here -- free waxing, discounted products, great management. If you have a problem, you can talk to someone about it, and there are always two people at the front.
Great place to be and start a career
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2018
Awesome management. Fantastic compensation. You have the option to move up in the company possibly to corporate or management. Always involved in the brand. Great company.
Pros
Great pay, free waxing, discounts, set schedules
Cons
No paid vaca, no benefits
Wonderful Guest and Sometimes Wonderful Coworkers
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 3, 2018
I love the beauty industry, so the interactions and connections you will form with guest is the highlight of this job. The only downside is those who could care less about this Center. Waxers make or break the overall culture here so when they lack the drive, the Center does as well.
Fun, Fast & Furious... Not the greatest quality of service
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 2, 2018
I worked a few months at European Wax Center, fast-paced, great experience. Manager was awesome and carried herself in a professional manner. The hardest part of the job was the extreme cold temperature, as it was required in order to have the wax set adequately and quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing the best service possible to all guests.
Pros
good sales commission
Cons
felt obligated to a time limit per guest
High pressure sales
Waxologist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 30, 2018
As a waxer, or GS... You are just a number to management you are seen as replacable not valued all theu care about are sales not the connection you your guests.brazilians are a very personalbe service pnce youve earned trust and a connection is in my eye. A huge part of tour job.. But not to management i worked for EWC for 4 years and o cant tell you the BIGFEST complaint is the loss of a waxer they connect with then one day they are just gone and they have to get naked in front of yet ANOTHER WAXER and start all over again...management does not care for their guests or employees we are all a number of profit for management..you get zero breaks if you are 100% booked.no paid vacations or medical.. Your numbers are displayed tp everyone as if to compete with one another.. Will NEVER work here again
Pros
Zero
Cons
Not valued or appreciated
Great company Bad Franchisee
Assistant Manager/Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2018
A great company but management lacks communication with staff, and aggressive district manager who as lacks communications skills, under staffed due over work loads on employees. Waxers and guest services would have to meet goals if not met resulted in write up, 9 minute late policy constantly a problem with guest. Great company I just wish this franchisee valued their employees more and maybe their turn over rate would not be so high.
Pros
Free waxing
Cons
Breaks, long hours, no over time
Poor management
Wax specialist (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 28, 2018
Lots of favorites. Manager doesn't know what she's doing and doesn't address major issues among wax specialists or GSAs. Extremely hard to take sick days and hard to communicate with manager.
Great skills but drama
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 27, 2018
Very fast paced, you pick up great skills in sales and customer service but this is not necessarily a great place to build a career. Pay could definitely be better. I did enjoy working here but you do have to watch your back.
Pros
Center manager is awesome, good for building skills
Cons
Cliches, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight