European Wax Center Employee Reviews

Fun, High energy job, horrible upper management
Lead Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHJanuary 6, 2019
In my 2 years there, I was promised multiple promotions as incentive to increase numbers. I was consistently taken advantage of. The management is terrible. Columbus franchise owners are in NJ and completely unaware of the shady things that happened in their centers. Upon leaving, I found out that my ex manager (who is no longer with the company) had forged my information on government paperwork to get benefits and was involved in a criminal investigation. I enjoyed my job, but did not enjoy the treatment of management. Commission was really good when goals were met.
Pros
free waxing, relaxed environment
Cons
shady managers
I enjoy the company over all but the Chicago specific franchise owners were a mess. Constant turnover with employees.
GUEST SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2019
The Chicago specific franchise owners were continuely buying new centers before fully preparing their previous centers. It resulted in constant turnover. They also fostered a very petty competitive work invironment based who could buddy up to management the best. I loved my other coworkers I was consistently a top ranking sales associate but it wasn’t worth staying all because of management.
Cons
No flexible schedule
Productive and Friendly
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2019
I love the manager at my location in Zona Rosa. She’s very friendly and understanding on her workers personal lives. The ladies that I work with both wax specialists and guest service associates are very friendly and open. We all have made a connection with one another and I love the center in general. The pay is great for someone who is looking for a part time job while in school or just a part time job period.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Pay
easy job but management sucks
GSA (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYDecember 14, 2018
Job is easy and it’s easy to learn everything. The waxers there are great to work with some of the gsa’s are nice but management is terrible. Scheduling is never placed on time and is inconsistent. Not a fair share of hours. The manager is more focused on drama than caring for their employees. All management cares about is if you sell but the reward is small. Hard to move up and no benefits. Don’t think you’ll get a raise easily here because you won’t get one.
Pros
lunch break when you want, nice guests, nice employees
Cons
pay is really low, management sucks
Best training for new waxers
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 13, 2018
while you may be able to support yourself as a single person in this field, it may only be enough to just get you by. however, if you are a waxer at heart and this is your passion then you may stand an amazing chance at flourishing with this company. building clientle isnt easy at 1st but if you know what youre doing and are able to pair the correct skin care for aftercare along with comfortable services then its a piece of cake. remember word of mouth spreads quickly.
Pros
24-7 waxing!
Cons
stresses out the shoulders and wrists
Waxing gynecologists
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2018
You show up and if you work in the afternoon have to wait for your room to be ready. Most of the time the wax was too hot and the room was a mess. The morning shift was very messy. Some co workers were nice, but most were crazy. Lots of nice clients, You get paid hourly, but have a very strict quota to meet weekly or you get demoted. You get really fast with waxing, and it is great practice, but some people require more time. The company wants you to wax a Brazilian, sell retail, clean your room and be ready for the next client in under 15 minutes.
Pros
Free waxing
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Worst management ever!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHDecember 14, 2018
Wow. I've never worked for a company so focused on money that they literally push their employees away and/or fire them within weeks of starting even though they haven't had time to fill their books. The management is unreal! So unreal that we've (myself and other coworkers) have filed a lawsuit within the franchise. The money is minimum wage. Even as an assistant manager I barely made above that. Stay away!
Pros
Free waxs
Management is AWFUl
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 29, 2018
If you want to be in a work environment where you get watched like a hawk via security cameras this is the job for you. Management micromanages and belittles the staff, HIGH turn over rates leading to constantly being under staffed and having to work crazy hours as well as not being able to take time off and sometimes going several days without a day off. Money is great if you can sell but if you don't do well you wont last.
Pros
Commision, free brow waxing
Cons
management doesnt care about you
Save yourself
General Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Upland, CaNovember 23, 2018
This particular center felt like mean girls in high school. The manager talks behind your back and smiles in your face. There is a lot of favoritism going on within the center too. If you want good hours where you can actually sell make sure you kiss you know what, otherwise you’ll get terrible hours and bad selling days. Then get yelled at for not selling enough. The coworkers were okay, they talk behind your back too. The pay is not something you can live off of. I was only here for a month before I saw everything for what it was.
Pros
Discounts on waxing
Cons
Management, pay, no benefits
Sedentary Role with Friendly Co-Workers
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 25, 2018
Every EWC is different because they are independently owned. If you have a good franchisee who knows what they're doing and cares about the employees I'm sure it's a nice place to work. They talk about commission during your interview when you upsell guests on a "Wax Pass" but the commission isn't really worth it. $8.50/hr is barely livable.
Pros
discounts on waxes and products
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, low pay
Do not waste your time here!!
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2018
This company does not care about you. They make you feel like it in the beginning and then you see their true colors soon. They are all about money and everything is your fault if it's not coming in. But they want to rush you on your time on doing your clients. You are rushing to the next client and not real enough time for the services. Getting time off is almost impossible to get. They make it a huge deal. The managers are so fake. Dont tell them nothing and you in detail. No befits. No set pay. Not enough people that come in. No care for employees. Push you so much on making your numbers or you get in trouble and take ur pay down. Your check will never be stable.
Pros
Free wax services.
Cons
To much free time, Poor management, Not enough pay, Getting time off of shift coverage is to hard
Ewc
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 1, 2019
Love working here. The only downside to working in the beauty industry is that there are no holidays off, no benefits, PTO is very limited.

One bad thing, this is only up to corporate, not our franchisees, our commission on serivices is 5%. That is so ridiculously low. Guest assume we get 50% therefore they do not tip as well as they think they are. When I was a guest I thought the waxers got half, until I started working here
Productive work environment
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 10, 2019
The job itself is easy. You book reservations and code them based on the guest's requests and eligibility. There are bonuses available for selling. The workplace is overall a stress-free environment, but it can become a lot to handle because the learning system and work is fast paced.
Pros
Hour lunches when applicable, Fun co-workers
Cons
Rare pay raises, Performance based bonuses
customer service is number one in my eyes
Scheduling appointments and Guest Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJNovember 17, 2018
Getting to know and work with our Guests is the thing I look forward to everyday I am scheduled. There are challenges in every job, but this one allows me to grow and care for our guest in a way other jobs did not allow me to do. It is personal and that's why I like working here.
Pros
work hours and liking what I do with the guests
Cons
no break room
Run as fast as you can!!
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  New OrleansOctober 17, 2018
The Management Position is over sold during the interview process. You will be micro managed daily by upper mgmt. and owners. Policies and procedures will change weekly. The Center Manager Position is a Sales Position/ Glorified Sectetary. You will be expected to put fliers on cars and door hangers out weekly. If you don't meet unrealistic sales goals each week, you will be interrogated. Turnover is extremely high and pay is low. Don't waste your life!!
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Expected to work on off days
Fun work place with plenty of opportunity for growth
Corporate Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 13, 2018
It was a fun place to work for with opportunity to make your own leadership decisions. They mentored us and gave us great resources to learn from. They allowed us to develop our skills at our own pace and coached us when necessary. We were always motivated by our team to reach our goals and rewarded for our efforts.
Fun and easy good job
Esthetician/Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 16, 2018
Waxing is easy and fun and the clients awesome.Less demanding then in other service industries like hair. Products are easy to sell because the clients like them a lot and they help with ingrown hairs.
Hardest part is working one weekend day required but to be expected in this industry.
Love that is all women you work with and fun meetings. Positive work environment. Hardest part is keeping clients coming for more then one service and its required to keep your job
Fair
NYS Waxing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 19, 2018
Working for EWC had it's ups and downs. I loved being apart of the team when we had our good days.

Commission should be hire for the waxers and GSA's.
Paid vacation should be applied, and I think their call out policy is kind of ridiculous.

But, EWC inspired me to venture out and do my own thing, So thanks! because of you guys I fell in love with waxing and now have clients of my own!
Fast faced and rewarding career
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 17, 2018
There is great opportunity to advance your career here at European Wax. You can build your books quickly and form great relationships with your guests. Some of the people I have been waxing I have been waxing for 5 years. It is fun and easy work once you get the hang of it!
Pros
Free waxing, discounted products, free training
Cons
On your feet sometimes all day
Very proactive and such a great environment
Receptionist/Waxer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2018
I learned so much working here, and working with new clients every shift and seeing them walk in and out with smiles on their face because I did a good job makes me proud. Body waxing is something that someone trust you with, you are waxing their hair off their body so that trust and excellent work has to be persistent and perfect every time!
Pros
Good pay, and positive environment
Cons
The owners, we worked so hard for them and they sold us out and got new owners with not even a day notice to us

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss