European Wax Center
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from European Wax Center:

European Wax Center Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA17 reviews
The girls that work there are typically nice but the manager is terrible!! She will lie to you, talk poorly about you, and never responds back to clients with questions/concerns.
Cons
Manager sucks!!!
Make sure you’re willing to be competitive because you only make money if ladies want wax passes, and the managers there are LIARS and manipulative. The head big eyed boss tippi is a dragon with horns. Watch out
I enjoyed working for EWC.
Great customer service, very pleasant and professional coworkers, good salary and benefits, flexible schedule, ... Interesting job
Fast paced environment, great work culture, lots of growth opportunity. Set hours, set dress code, set requirements of your position. I enjoyed working with the company as a whole
Great company, but franchise owners only want money, and that is the bottom line. The franchise is set up for success, but the blueprint is not followed
Pros
Great company
Cons
It’s a franchise
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Overall, this is a good temporary job for newly estheticians to gain desired experience. The company needs improvement. The employees are over worked and under paid with little to no benefits. I would ONLY recommend this job if you need a start in the industry. Depending on locations your experience might be different because they are ran by franchisees. The only pro to this job is the connections you will make with guest. My advice for anyone seeking employment with this company is to love your profession because its going to make your time there worthwhile.
Very low pay, poor management, lack of hours. Hair everywhere. Very small cramped working environment. Unhappy customers. You can get a higher pay at a fast food restaurant.
Pros
You can get a discount
Cons
My review says it all.
Good place to start off with customer service. You learn how to mutli- task and also work independently. Flexible schedule. Opportunity for growth within the company.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No benefits
The company had reasonable standards however were a bit strict with their policies and I didn't feel as if the company appreciated their employees as they should.
I have worked with this company over 1 year and it is a great place to be if you are looking for a job that is flexible. There is no room for growth within the company.
Cons
no insurance or 401K
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at European Wax Center?
I've been working with EWC for a year, it is a great company, great culture and has a friendly and family ambiroment.
People love this please, not just for the wax, also for the service and there are high expectations of the experience. That is what motivated myself to give my best every day.
Pros
A lot of customers
Cons
low hourly rate
The job itself was pretty laid back and easy, but at both locations I worked management was poor and there was not a lot of opportunity for advancement. Perfect for a college student, pretty flexible and the hours aren't too late at all.
Pros
Free waxing
The company is good for people just starting out. But the company is too money hungry. They focus too much on numbers and product sells. The major problem is not getting breaks on the weekdays and not having a break room. On a positive note there is continuous training available to you for as long as you work there. The management is good and my coworkers are awesome . There is a lot of dishonesty when it comes to recruiting. They don't tell you that if you want to take off that you have to find coverage even if its months in advance. They lied about the salary
Pros
Free waxing, free lunch 2xmontly, continuous training
Cons
No breaks, no health care
Everything is great except the benefits products are amazing , offers training on waxing. Sucks it does not offer benefits , no paid holidays, no PTO
Pros
Free waxes
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, pay is low
Great people to work with. I really enjoyed the fact that they not only teach how to educate guests on products but they train you by letting you try their products, so you can give your opinion and educate by what you experienced.
Great company to work for but you only make money if you sell products and you can kiss your social life away! Depending on who you work for depends on how many hours you work too.
Pros
free wax services, lunches, deals on products
Cons
long hours, low pay
A typical at work was to answer phones , fix the register books, and also get waxed. Co workers were nice and friendly and the job was just a great enviroment to work at.
Pros
free waxing
Cons
no benifits, no break room