European Wax Center Employee Reviews

Pay attention to the negative reviews
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 19, 2018
You will be micro-managed.

There are no breaks, no lunch hour or half-hour.

Intense training is aggressive training.in cold waxing rooms one one one. Very small work areas with little moving and breathing space.

Poor computer system that makes errors but you will be blamed for incompetence. Computers will "lock up" while phone lines are lit.

High turnover. You will be their plaything to cover when waxers want to leave work early or if they are terminated or left. It will be your fault clients get upset when you call to reschedule them time and time again for these reasons with different waxers and different times,

You're expected to do housekeeping duties such as mopping and cleaning and taking out the trash to a dumpster behind an alley in addition to what you were hired to do. They didn't mention this in the interview.

Abysmal atmosphere. Coworkers not friendly. Very catty. Don't let the fancy doors, posters with slogans and pretty models fool you.
Pros
Getting let go and getting a better job
Cons
Everything in review
Run as fast as you can!!
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  New OrleansOctober 17, 2018
The Management Position is over sold during the interview process. You will be micro managed daily by upper mgmt. and owners. Policies and procedures will change weekly. The Center Manager Position is a Sales Position/ Glorified Sectetary. You will be expected to put fliers on cars and door hangers out weekly. If you don't meet unrealistic sales goals each week, you will be interrogated. Turnover is extremely high and pay is low. Don't waste your life!!
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Expected to work on off days
Learning Place
WAX SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2018
It's a great place to learn how to wax, but everyone's experience there is different. Each location is run the same but differently, and it's a decent starting place
good commission
RECEPTIOIST/ GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 17, 2018
if you make your goals, decent pay. no career advancement and poor management.
depends on your location. sometimes girls can be dramatic.
over all good place for starters
Pros
sales commission
Cons
no breaks, no break room, poor management
Fun and easy good job
Esthetician/Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 16, 2018
Waxing is easy and fun and the clients awesome.Less demanding then in other service industries like hair. Products are easy to sell because the clients like them a lot and they help with ingrown hairs.
Hardest part is working one weekend day required but to be expected in this industry.
Love that is all women you work with and fun meetings. Positive work environment. Hardest part is keeping clients coming for more then one service and its required to keep your job
ehhh
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  McMurray, PAOctober 15, 2018
I loved the people I worked with and the guest but the owner was absolutely terrible and made working there a nightmare. He would come in and harass everyone on the daily.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
owner
Very proactive and such a great environment
Receptionist/Waxer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2018
I learned so much working here, and working with new clients every shift and seeing them walk in and out with smiles on their face because I did a good job makes me proud. Body waxing is something that someone trust you with, you are waxing their hair off their body so that trust and excellent work has to be persistent and perfect every time!
Pros
Good pay, and positive environment
Cons
The owners, we worked so hard for them and they sold us out and got new owners with not even a day notice to us
It’s a ok job
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2018
The job is ok the pay is not all the way there only when you sell packages then your pay is ok but if not the pay sucks they don’t really offer benefits
Great company to work for
Wax specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAOctober 9, 2018
Had a great overall experience working at the center. Developed close relationships with coworkers and clients. Looked forward to coming into work everyday
Good starting point for a new waxer
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greater Los AngelesOctober 8, 2018
Good training for a new waxing professional. Decent organization. Will learn to wax quickly if you stick with it. Retail products are effective. Can succeed if you apply yourself.
Co-Workers were amazing management was less than impressive
Waxing Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIOctober 8, 2018
Beside the fact that the general manager was inexperienced in both management and had no formal training in the industry my co-workers were wonderful. Though it was frustrating that the one individual that worked there who had the least qualifying skills was also the one who held ultimate power over our team. If it were my business I would be sure that whomever I choose to manage the location would have a background in beauty, sales, customer service and managing a team. As I have traveled and spoken with individuals who work for this organization this seems to be a common theme. Perhaps they are generally looking for someone to fill these positions at a lesser annual rate? I would not like to assume but it does seem to be a common flaw.
Pros
Great co-workers, great clients
Overwhelmed and Overworked
Full-Body Waxer (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 5, 2018
Management needs work, very unprofessional. Understaffed and guilt tripped into working more hours. No benefits, and not much room for growth in company. Only good if looking to gain experience.
Ewc
Front Desk/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 5, 2018
Simple job, checking people in and out. Making sure its clean up front. Answering phones and scheduling appointments, confirmation calls. Closing out the register at the end of the night and daily reports.
Don't plan on it for a career
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2018
The ONLY reason I stayed almost 3 years was because of my coworkers. The company itself only cares about product sales and retention. Commission was ok, but every product and service was a different percentage. There's only 1 lead wax specialist per center, so you can move up levels, but the only way to "promote" is becoming lead wax specialist. There are no other advancement opportunities. It's fun if you're just out of school and looking for the experience. Oh and if you're 100% booked, you won't get a break. At all. Waxing 6 hours straight and hopefully you don't get too many limbs or you'll run out of wax and not have time to refill your wax pot.
Pros
Tips, short shifts
Cons
Low hourly. No breaks. Low commission.
workplace culture
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 4, 2018
There was lots of turnover of management and associates, probably lost or fired over 25 associates in the year I was there. It is a fun place to work though.
Pros
fun
Cons
no PTO, and have to work holidays
Great experience to learn speed waxing, not really beyond that
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 1, 2018
Working at EWC was my first job out of Estie school and getting my license and it really did a fabulous job of teaching me how a fast paced wax salon is run and how to body wax with hard wax very well. I worked there for almost two years and can honestly say it was the best paying job I've ever had. However, I started having wrist problems about a year in and had to go to part time. I had a hard time getting my boss to be willing to let me work the hours I needed to continue, and therefore couldn't move up in the company as a result. I strongly suggest that if you work here, immediately get a chiropractor, and get a massage every week. The job is physically hard on your body, and there are no benefits beyond your regular pay. All the girls in my location were also pressured to do a lot of product sales.

My biggest con was that I had to sign a non-compete in order to be hired, which meant I couldn't work as a waxer within a 30 mile radius for two whole years. This is very limiting and something you need to consider carefully. However, they do have great training.
Pros
learn speed waxing, pay
Cons
hard on your body, no benefits, sales pressure, two year non-compete
Good for Part time or temporary job only
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bergen County, NJSeptember 29, 2018
Everything they tell you in the interview is different when you go start working with them. The managers work from Tuesday to Saturday, the person who train you is doing multiple things at the time and you watch videos most all the time, the send you to a busy location where they expect you to be fast in you first day and some GAS’s are rude ( make you feel like you messed up everything) while the manager is in the office. Is a big mess no designated trainer or personal willing to train you with proper manners.
Pros
Early schedule
Cons
Only two holidays, don’t pay much for the amount of work you do.
A wonderful owner, lackluster management
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 28, 2018
It is a much better place to work for if you intend to be a waxer rather than if you intend to be at the front desk. Management does not do their job in a timely manor, though the owner of the franchise is more than wiling to do what it takes to make the center profitable.
Pros
40% discounts and free eyebrow waxes.
Cons
Everything is always the front desks fault for some reason.
Good "first job" for esthetician
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CASeptember 25, 2018
They provide great training for estheticians straight out of school. Fun working with a bunch of other girls, but the labor was too much to get paid minimum wage. Pay scale was seriously flawed compared to the amount of work put in.
I was sexually harassed by the female staff
employee (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2018
The female staff was very rude and flirty with my despite me bring married. I tried to call the cops and they stopped me. The manager brings in drugs.
Pros
nothing
Cons
they worship the devil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight