European Wax Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Exciting
Sales of wax packages (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FL 33467August 15, 2018
Fun, Exciting place to work at.Best part about the job was that i was able to get waxed my self so my eye brows were always perfect while i was working.
Fun place to work-low compenstion
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2018
You only receive 5% of your services. For example ($50 brazilian, you receive $2.50 :( Music that is played day to day is outdated and dreadful. Quick cash is nice
Dont Waste Your Time Working Here
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
. Turnover is terrible
. Managment has no idea what they're doing
. Management does not create a work-life balance for their employees
. They play favorites with their staff
. They have very unrealistic metrics that they base their staffs level of competency on
.They don't really care about you as a person...unless they like you
. The pay and the level of work that you put in doesn't match
. ETC ETC!
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!
Pros
You learn how to wax properly and fast. You learn great technique, the customers are nice.
Cons
See review
One of the best jobs I've ever had
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2018
Absolutely love this company!! Management could be a little difficult to work with at times, but overall great opportunities for growth and advancement.
Easy to get hired at
Guest Services/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 11, 2018
I loved working for EWC because I was able to transfer from location to location because it is corporate based. The pay is really good for what my duties were, and they offered yearly pay rate increases.
Pros
Consistent job duties
Cons
No benefits or advancement
No comment
Waxing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYAugust 8, 2018
A horrible place to work. You are underpaid. Horrible management. Poorly trained front desk staff. Constant errors with booking and a generally bleak atmosphere.
Culture Oriented
CENTER MANAGER/GUEST SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2018
I appreciate how culture oriented EWC is. The company in whole has a very positive message and great goals. It's very big on women empowerment which I appreciate and has provided me with a lot of professional development
Loved my job. Horrid management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 6, 2018
I was quickly transitioned to be an Assistant Manager within 3 months of being hired on to EWC. I was so excited to be able to do more and help my Manager and all of my co-workers work towards a higher goal for themselves and make the company more money and improve efficiency. I, my coworkers do agree, that I was very good at what I did and I cared about everyone and helped everyone achieve their goals and that I loved what I did. The manager showed up at 10am and left at 2pm. Sometimes she didn't even show up at all. Which, put a lot on me as an Assistant and also showed the other girls they didn't have to care about their jobs much either. So the GSA's and Waxers started calling off just because, and they knew they wouldn't get in trouble for it either because I was always the one on staff who had to deal with it, not the Manager. The Manager never responded to calls or texts when she wasn't at work which lead to a lot of angry customers that I then had to deal with by following policies set by Corporate EWC. Which lead to some not so great YELP! Reviews about me doing my job. The Manager did not like me because she was threatened and incompetent and saw how much I did at the clinic and how much I sold and she took advantage of my knowledge and kindness until I had finally had enough of her laziness. So I spoke up for everyone about how they felt about her and since that point she made it clear she didn't like me and ending up firing me 6 months later.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and hours
Cons
Management, no advancement in company, no HR.
Fast pace, long days
Wax Specialist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 6, 2018
Great for stylist building a clientele. Fast pace. Great training. Quick to advance. Must learn scripts. Must meet sales requirements. Management differs at every location. Overall good job.
fun, quick paced,
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Airmont, NYAugust 4, 2018
great place to work especially to get your foot in the door, most be a hard worker because when it gets busy it really gets busy, love the products so they r easy to sell
Pros
when you dont have client your completely free
Cons
location i worked tips were not great
Great Start
Customer Service Representative/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAAugust 3, 2018
I do not have any complaints about this company. You work in a fast-paced environment and wear many hats to meet the client's needs. I learned about marketing and being a team player. The enjoyed making my client's feel beautiful. The hardest part of my job was that I am constantly on my feet, recommended to invest in good tennis shoes. The manager at the time was very accommodating to my schedule for school.
Fast paced, salary is kind of up to you
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2018
Depending on how busy your center is (varies by location) your shifts can be very busy and fast paced. I worked as a GSA and was offered a promotion, but many employees got little to no pay increase/advancement opportunity. Not a great company to grow with, and very inconsistent pay since GSA salary is mostly commission on what you sell. Some months/weeks are busier than others giving you more opportunity for sales during only select times. Management was awful, no real training. I had little to no work - life balance seeing as i was one of the only GSA's and there was no manager hiring more people. I wasnt really given any option to take days off and was called repeatedly on my very few days to myself. Dont reccomend this job to anyone.
Pros
Good sales experience, discounts, free waxing
Cons
Poor management, no training, no work to life balance, policies never followed, stressful
The owners are crooks!! EWC is a sweat shop
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2018
The owners pay the estheticians $11 an hour and keep all the money for themselves. It’s disgusting. No commission. Just unreachable bonus. You have to do at least 119 services just to get an additional $20 in your paycheck, it’s disgusting
Pros
Cons
Pay
great place to work
Sales Associate/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJuly 30, 2018
this is a good place to work, you have room for growth. the staff is friendly and the environment is great. very welcoming people, easy to learn daily duties
Gets you on your feet
Waxer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 29, 2018
Great place to jump start off of to something else. Flexible schedule to work on college or being a mom. You have to make it work for you. It is not given to you on a silver platter.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
2 years to build clientele
room to grow
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 27, 2018
What I liked about this job is that when you met your weekly goals it was a satisfaction within yourself and your other coworkers. Customers were nice and you began to have a relationship with them.
Wax Center
Keyholder/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 25, 2018
Its was okay just had really poor management which was quite sad the wax specialist are so nice and the discount on the axes are ah-mazing also you do get commission and bonus
Definitely Pro's and Cons
Lead Waxer/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 25, 2018
So my experience working at EWC well I worked in a new opening location it was very interesting we did things that were not in our job description. Like solicit local malls that clearly said NO SOLICITING as a requirement for opening and marketing the new location. So keep in mind marketing may be apart of doing this if it's a newly opened location. Corporate training was SUPER cut throat, the trainer basically said if we don't get it by the end of the I Believe week training we would be cut. Not considering slower learner's. I personally did not have a problem with the trainer but she was quite unprofessional. She had favorites and she was pretty rude to 65% of the girls. Sick Time and Time Off is frankly very frowned upon in the business. No benefit, very physical, low pay however room for growth, once you work for there company you will be an AMAZING waxer. Very sales and Stats oriented. Keep in mind your in a primarily female environmental so it could get a bit Catty. Management wasn't all that great at any of the 3 center I worked that. If anyone here is like me and is curious about the uniform full hot pink/redish scrubs which are so cute first pair is on the house after the first pair you have to purchase them, they are not the most accurately sized. Finally, pay. Hourly is pretty low however the way there compensate system was set up you end up making a bit of Money, even though hourly maybe low (varies from center, but typically under minimum wage) you make commissioner from product sales, services preformed plus tip so there is potential for good money especially if  more... you put in work. Now, this may be a problem to some if your center IS SLOW like one of the centers I worked at which is why I left that center so I would strongly recommended asking about guest, and look at the book newly opened stores tend to be slower so keep that in mind. Hope this helps someone  less
Pros
Wax technique, potential money, free waxing, discount products, uniform
Cons
No benefits, hourly, management, physically demanding, no time off
Great people to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time here, the staff is great, they all work hard and understand the meaning of teamwork and team effort. Everyone works as a team, always smiling and customers are welcomed with a smile on their faces.
Pros
Free services
Cons
Health Insurance only for GM's
okay place to work
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 23, 2018
I love the majority of my job at European Wax Center, the management went down hill and made a lot of the people working there angry. overall I learned a lot about different systems and gained more skills to use in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss