European Wax Center

United States18 reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,211 reviews
ewcwaxingwaxerswaxergsaeuropeancommissionguest

Free services for employees

HR really needs to vet their managers more as it seems most are just there for the check. It’s busier in the warmer months, which means more commission. Commission is uncapped so that’s a good thing

This business is always growing

I have worked for European Wax Center for 3 years, I work in customer service. Working here has opened my eyes to how fast a company can grow. I enjoy the ability to help navigate guests towards a great experience so they tell their friends and family about us. Overall this company has great role models as management and associates.

European Wax Center insights

Based on 2,431 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good Job

I love the family feel of the job. Everyone gets along and if you need help everyone is quick to help. The managers are sweet and everyone is so friendly. We literally bonded the moment i walked in for the interview

Pros

Family feel, Good pay

Cons

Short break

learned a lot

i worked in a call center for five years. i learned a lot. at times it could be overwhelming because there was high turnover but my manager was always willing to help with the work load.

Great employees to work with

Great first job, must know how to communicate with guests over the phone and in person. Must know how to use their system. I was very shy when I started but once I started answering phones all day it became easy

Pros

Discount off waxes

Cons

management is okay

Horrible managers!

Don’t work here.. the managers are so mean and are very strict and expect so much from you but pay minimum wage. They also expect you to only take one sick day a year and don’t care if you have an emergency, they need you to answer phones and be berated by guests for almost 50 locations.

Pros

Cons

Mean managers and customers, unpaid lunch, low pay, no advancement or bonuses

Management is selfish, does not care about employees

My coworkers where amazing, but that was about it. You are asked to do a lot of work for minimum wage, and they rarely show appreciation for it. It is impossible to get time off, even in an emergency. The micro managing is over the top, and they give a lot of busy work, just because. Overall, the coworkers were the only reason I was able to tolerate working there, everything else is toxic.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Everything else.

High expectations, little reward.

My location expects ya to his unrealistic goals every day, week or month all year round and when we don’t our jobs are threatened and we are demeaned as if we do not try our hardest everyday. Very little pay you will rely on your guest to tip you for income vs what will actually be on your paycheck.

Pros

Discounted waxes and products

Cons

Low pay, no guidance, unrealistic goals, stressful work environment

Repetitive job with okay managers, but lousy coworkers

Managers were decent and would help you out, but my coworkers there were pretty awful. Management needs to focus on training and JOB CULTURE! Upward mobility was possible, but only if you wanted to go from call center associate to working at the main locations as a front desk associate where you rely on your selling abilities to have a nice paycheck.

productive

European wax center required a lot of time and fast pace energy. I had to answer over 100 calls per day since i was asnwering calls for several locations.

Okay for first job not for a career

Working at EWC was good at the begging . It was easy and fun plus getting free waxing was a bonus. However, many managers/ supervisors were getting changed over month or so . Needs more personal development, more improvement in managing.

Great place for part time

They really work with your schedule and care about each employee. They do their best to make sure everyone is comfortable in their position and take the time out to listen about concerns that the employees may have. The managers are always willing to help. They have team bonding events that brings the employees closer together. I have a great love for this comapany and this position.

Pros

Team bonding, monthly competitions, prizes

Cons

Biweekly pay, upset guests

Amazing company to work for

Fair to their workers. Monthly meetings to keep us up to date. Good training. Fair scheduling. Management worked closely with workers. Complaints were always addressed.

Super fun job!

I work as a Call Center Representative and I find it to be very fun. You get a lot of downtime when calls are not coming in, so it makes it the perfect job for a college student.

Pros

downtime

Cons

no breaks

Great learning opportunity

This company offers many educational resources and opportunities for multiple commissions. As an associate you will have a chance to build lasting relationships.

Pros

Big Emphasis on Company culture

Prodcutive work environment

I enjoyed working at EWC East Bay. The type of work was enjoyable because it was demanding and caused me to be a great multitasker.

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work consists of making and taking calls and providing the best customer service possible. I am already a patient person but I have learned better and more efficient ways to give great service to our guests. Although all work is done, the relationship with my co-workers is great. There is great communication and a very friendly environment.

Fast paced, constantly changing

Management always proposed new and innovative ideas for a more productive workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare European Wax Center with

Career recommendations for Call Center Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Call Center Representative in US

Explore similar careers
  • European Wax Center
  • Call Center Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?