European Wax Center Employee Reviews for Esthetician

great
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
had a wonderful experience working there. I was there for a few years and my favorite part of the job was the guests. you make real connections to your regulars.
Pros
the harder you work, the bigger your check
Cons
very physical
It was certainly an experience and thankful to have worked for EWC.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 5, 2018
Without EWC I wouldn’t have had the pleasure to build such close relationships with my guests. I was able to go on vacation annually and visit other states. I was living fairly comfortably for living in Los Angeles .
Pros
Discounts, Pto, Sick Pay, Bonuses, amazing guests that become loyals.
Cons
May be stressful at times within the timing structure and commission could be better.
Licensed Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLFebruary 27, 2018
Productive work place and friendly environment. Diverse culture and great management. Management worked well with clients and employees. Schedules were maintained
Nice place to work
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Nice place to work, not many places to go up. I didn't love waxing but I enjoyed providing the other services. Good culture and nice people to work with. Recommended
Pros
A lot of services
Cons
Waxing
Poor management
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 16, 2018
I wanted to work at EWC to gain more experience with waxing. I was excited about the prospect of becoming more efficient and learning techniques to be a quicker waxer. I was dissapointed once my training came to an end. It was slow, and management was sales, as opposed to customer service, focused. In fact, we were told to up-sell tweezers by saying "these are what I use in my room" even though we had to provide our own scissors and tweezers, and they were not EWC brand. It was about selling as much as possible and not building relationships with clients (which is a more effective long-term strategy). Management was not effective with scheduling, did not care about employees, and just wanted their bonuses.
It's a great start to get experience, but I did not (nor would I recommend to) stay longer than a few months. Get trained and move on. They treat you like you will anyway.
The wax was fun to work with, and it is very sanitary, based on who is working. They give you the tools to be sanitary, but did not review in training.
Pros
Training program, wax, sanitation
Cons
Employment after training, hours, poor managw
Productive and Competitive work atmosphere
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2018
If you are new out of Esthetics School and love waxing, this is your place. As a wax specialist you start your day by setting up and looking at the books for what you have coming into the center for that day. You also clean your wax room at the end of every shift. If your books are not full, you are expected to go market through the local neighborhood. I learned customer service through EWC. You get 3 days on hands on training. If you are not comfortable using hard wax, to know advanced waxing techniques then you might feel like you're floundering here. The culture can change center to center, so definitely get a feel for your team, and ask about the team ethic their. I liked meeting new people when they came in the center. The hardest part of working here is that you can feel like you work at a factory, pumping people in and out. That you feel like your losing the bedside manner and client comfort stressed to you in school.
Great Place to Work
ESTHETICIAN (Current Employee) –  Garwood, NJDecember 26, 2017
The Garwood location has a wonderful manager and tight-knit team that works to build each other up. Though it is fast-paced, it's a rewarding work environment where you can build your clientele.
Very Busy
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MANovember 6, 2017
The location I was at was very busy, my colleagues were great to work with and everyone work well together. The company markets there services very well, they build your clientele book for you.
Loved it!
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAOctober 13, 2017
I was with EWC in Napa. Loved working there. Loved the hours and the scheduling. I enjoyed building clientele and building relationships. It was a very face paced, fun carefree job. I would most definitely work with EWC again.
n/a
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 22, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job was only meeting new people. other than that nothing really more that i can say because my mother always told me if you have nothing good to say then don't speak.
good money but bewarned-its a factory and they will sue
Waxologist/Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 10, 2017
Moneys good-but you have to work for it and be able to keep your numbers up(your pay will reflect this)
Also-its a factory and your a worker.
If you contact any of your clients or get there phone numbers you will be sued (saw it happen to an old coworker)
good place to start
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 16, 2017
This is a good place to gain experience but definelty doesn't pay what your worth. No raises in the year i worked there. bonuses are unrealistic. But good training.
Pros
training
Cons
Pay
It's a busy locations
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 4, 2017
Girls were super nice. I never met the owner but the staff seemed to be afraid of her. Weekends are a must and it's at least a 10 hour day. Pay was decent.
Pros
busy, nice staff
Cons
long weekend hours
a good place to work
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Westlake, CAApril 6, 2017
A typical day included setting up my work station, greeting clients performing wax services, rebooking selling product, cleaning work stations. I learned a lot about the industry and what kind of environment the working beauty industry entailed. Management was good very eager to help employees succeed. the hardest part of the job was time management as far as finding the right balance between making your client feel important and taking the time t o learn about them and performing the wax in a effective time frame.
I love meeting new people so this industry is perfect for me.
Pros
the tips made
Cons
not enough workshops to keep up with new ways of performing our duties, not easy to take time off for other life events
Fast paced environment.
Waxier - Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 12, 2016
EWC is a great place to work at, however the only con is lack of movement in the company. The environment is very upbeat and fast paced, and they also provide extensive training.
Pros
great bonuses
Esthetician/ Waxer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2016
It is a great place to work for girl coming right out of school to learn and get quicker with waxing. I made good money and good friends there
Wax Center
Esthetician/ Waxer (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 27, 2016
I loved working at the Wax Center. It never felt like a job. The owners are great people and care a lot about there employees. The pay structure is great as well.
Horrible workplace inside and out!
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 21, 2016
I was so excited to begin working for Ewc, as a new esthetician I was excited for the opportunity to expand my knowledge. Little did I know it would be the worst job ever, horrible manager, horrible pay, horrible clients! Found out after I started working here that Ewc is known as the fast food version of waxing ... Yay
Great employees terrible management and products
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2016
I enjoyed everyone I worked with but management was wishy washy, no benefits until you worked there forever and who wants to do that ? Also customers were rude, didn't like how it was like an assembly line for waxing, the area I was in most people want organic skincare and EWC seriously needs to consider looking into, I even mentioned that several times and of course why would they listen to a trained esthetician. Thing is if you love waxing then pursue this if not pursue skincare and maybe sugaring instead of a place that douses their customers in chemicals and wax that rips of their skin.
Cons
No benefits, guilt tripping
Wouldn't work here
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 19, 2016
They want you to work for next to nothing. Only giving you 5% of each service! Management is a joke and owners too. This management will throw under the bus in a heart beat. My schedule changed several times with a day notice. Put my regular cleints on another waxer schedule with out telling me or the guest. I got told if I didn't do the wax fast enough, I was fired. Or sale. Does not care for the employees.
Pros
Customers and the wax
Cons
Very low pay and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

European Wax Center Reviews by Location