Eva's Village

• Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Compensation/ benefits

Eva's pays $4 an hour less than the average salary for a counselor aide ( basically a tech with a fancy name). They start you off at $12.50. I worked there 6 month with averaging 65+ hours a week during the pandemic last spring. I received no bonus, no raise and didn't even get health insurance. The only benefits to working here is the job experience. If you want the responsibility of a case manager, with the compensation of a cashier , then this is the facility for you.

Pros

Job experience

Cons

Advancement opportunities, compensation and team comradory

They do not listen to their employees. Very poor leadership.

Very poor leadership. They are not honest and they do not take time to listen or understand the concerns of their employees. It is not a good place to work.

Its not a place you stay

Disorganized. Messages from the hire ups are constantly changing. Pay is minimum ways but if you're there for extra money on the side they'll plenty of hours to work overtime.

Pros

disorganized, poor leadership, high stress

Cons

lots of overtime offered

Very loving and caring place

A wonderful place to work.This community has been helping me most of my life, all I have is wonderful things to say about Eva’s.I recently received my Certification for Certified Peer Recovery Specialist.If you ever need help just call Eva’s.

Very poor leadership, too much turnover

The mission is wonderful but the people leading the agency are not. Senior management cannot be trusted and the Board of Directors doesn't have a clue what goes on day-to-day.

Pros

Cons

low pay, no morale

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Great support from colleague's and supervisors. Awesome benefits. Healthy, safe, fun, work environment.

Working at Eva's Village provided me a supportive, healthy, safe work environment. I received support from colleague's as well as management. All staff members are approachable and easy to talk to and always willing to help. It is a teaching as well as learning opportunity. Eva's provided many trainings and offered advancement from within and would assist you in obtaining any certifications and/or license required for the advancement. I would recommend anyone who has a passion for being a helper to seek, take a job at Eva's. Best job ever! It will definitely increase your knowledge as well as experience as it will be a life changing experience. Thank you for taking the time to read my feedback. Good luck in your journey.

Pros

No cost to employee for great healthcare benefits for employees

Cons

Not all consumers stay long enough for the miracle to happen

Fair & Meaningful

I have enjoyed my work experience at Evas. It was a great work enviornment with support from co workers and supervisors. I felt apart of making a difference.

Pros

Salary, work culture, benefits

Cons

Work schedule for my position

Don't work here

The clients were great. I worked in the Out Patient facility.The Director created a hostile work environment for the staff. Unscrupulous documentation was created, terrible management, no one listens to anyone. Not even given a fair exit interview. Don't work there.

Pleasant place to work

The staff is very helpful. Make you feel like your part of the team . They supply you with lunch. The staff are friendly to work with. They are flexible with the work hours

This is where Hope begins

Eva's has help me become a supervisor and a better person if someone is looking to give back Eva's is the place if you don'thave a servant heart you won't last

The company has many great programs that are provided for those dealing with drug abuse. Unfortunately there is poor management and leadership. Job culture is toxic and unprofessional.

Helping people always gives me a great feeling

I love working at Eva’s Village give me a sense of who I was and how I could get back to my community ! But helping young mothers with their children.

The hardest part of the job....

This job that I do you need a warm heart and a cold heart. The people you serve and help is not easy. But other day you we see the love and support you get from your volunteer and the people.

great department

The department I worked in was very warm and the supervisors was great. I enjoyed my department and the mental health department where I interned for almost four years where I learned a great deal.

Great place to learn

I enjoy working their I just wish the benefits was more and that they cared about the part time workers a little more and not only full time workers the pay is ok. I love and enjoy the children and the work place is clean.

No opportunity for advancement. I am not compensated for years of experience or educational background.

Although Eva's Village does great work for the community, Child Care and Education Department workers are overworked and underpaid, even with certifications or degrees in the field.

Good for volunteering

They are always looking for help and even have orientations so you can know what work is available. Simply look on their website and call for any volunteer service you want to do.

Overall it isn’t a good place to work. They once had a great reputation.. but not anymore.

Evas use to be an excellent place to work.. they followed their mission, helped the indigent population.. they never really paid well but the work environment was good... now its be all money. They don’t care about the pp they serve they just c them as $ signs.. very sad... many pp who were there many many years left once they changed management...

Pros

Cons

Pay, work environment, management.

Unhealthy and Uneducated

This place allows clients to be mistreated and verbally abused. The upper management makes over 100,000.00 and doesn't seem to care. The halfway house for women and children/shelter are run by uneducated people who refuse to engage in trauma-informed that the clinical director wanted to put into place. The clinical director is a coward who fears her employees and is too scared to stand up for the clients and allows them to be abused. The house manager/ supervisor both hide in their office like cowards, staff down talks to the clients. The turn over rate is high. There are case managers with only a high-school diploma.

Great entry level position!

Needs to work on providing more support to staff members. Great experience in learning in an area you're not familiar with. The staff members were overall enjoyable to work with.

Lack of work Ethics

Most employees are still in early recovery and still exhibit addictive behaviors. Work ethics are slim to none in existence. Protection between clients and employees is almost non-existent. Don't waste your time reporting any incidents made against you.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eva's Village. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Eva's Village in popular locations

• Eva's Village
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?