Eva's Village

Eva's Village Employee Reviews

great department
The department I worked in was very warm and the supervisors was great. I enjoyed my department and the mental health department where I interned for almost four years where I learned a great deal.
Great place to learn
I enjoy working their I just wish the benefits was more and that they cared about the part time workers a little more and not only full time workers the pay is ok. I love and enjoy the children and the work place is clean.
No opportunity for advancement. I am not compensated for years of experience or educational background.
Although Eva's Village does great work for the community, Child Care and Education Department workers are overworked and underpaid, even with certifications or degrees in the field.
Good for volunteering
They are always looking for help and even have orientations so you can know what work is available. Simply look on their website and call for any volunteer service you want to do.
Overall it isn’t a good place to work. They once had a great reputation.. but not anymore.
Evas use to be an excellent place to work.. they followed their mission, helped the indigent population.. they never really paid well but the work environment was good... now its be all money. They don’t care about the pp they serve they just c them as $ signs.. very sad... many pp who were there many many years left once they changed management...
Pros
Cons
Pay, work environment, management.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Unhealthy and Uneducated
This place allows clients to be mistreated and verbally abused. The upper management makes over 100,000.00 and doesn't seem to care. The halfway house for women and children/shelter are run by uneducated people who refuse to engage in trauma-informed that the clinical director wanted to put into place. The clinical director is a coward who fears her employees and is too scared to stand up for the clients and allows them to be abused. The house manager/ supervisor both hide in their office like cowards, staff down talks to the clients. The turn over rate is high. There are case managers with only a high-school diploma.
Great entry level position!
Needs to work on providing more support to staff members. Great experience in learning in an area you're not familiar with. The staff members were overall enjoyable to work with.
Lack of work Ethics
Most employees are still in early recovery and still exhibit addictive behaviors. Work ethics are slim to none in existence. Protection between clients and employees is almost non-existent. Don't waste your time reporting any incidents made against you.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else.
great productive place to work
fun environment when i was volunteering, definitely made me feel good that i was offering an helping hand. The staff is very sweet and pretty easy going as well.
Great experince
I enjoy working with the cliental at Eva's Village. I am very grateful for the experience I have inquired and the opportunity to meet some wonderful coworkers.
Eva's has a new administration as of 2017.
I have been directly disconnected from the new administration. There has been a substantial turnover with the new administration and policy changes that do not appear to be client-centered.
Great work environment
It was a great opportunity to work for Eva's. The culture is very loving and supportive. I was able to work with clients and gain experience facilitating groups. The time i spent with my manager and co-workers was priceless. I would recommend this opportunity to anyone in the field.
Pros
I was able to do what I love.
Cons
A very life learning experience.
I learned a lot about lifestyle choices of persons can cause collateral generational damages and how the communication of the staff the team can produce positive results to the persons requiring assistance.The greatest part of the field is knowing that we contributed to the betterment of an at risk person and greater the chances of that individual and they're family gain some successes in some manner. Although not every person will adhere to the discipline that is required to overcome recidivism, abuse, addictions or behavioral habits.
Pros
Attributing to the development of others.
Cons
Not reaching them all that i encounter.
Another amazing agency’s new mgmt messing everything up
The program is amazing. And it has nothing to do with the staff. The reason evas is successful is all because of the clients and the community. It’s like a college campus. People make real bonds there and better their lives.
However, they need to clean house up top instead of getting rid of all the good counselors that may have challenged nonsense and paid the price.

I loved working at evas because of the clients and community. It has so much potential and no one to help it shine...
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Politics and upper management screwing everyone
Each day is rewarding and benificial
The mission of Eva's Village is to feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, treat the addicted, provide medical care for those in need and to treat each individual with dignity and respect. From my time as an employee here they hold up to their mission. Those who utilize the service that is provided leave knowing that they are cared about no matter what their status are position in life entails.
Pros
Helpful agency for the community
Cons
No comment about this job, it was ok. I had to leave this job because of relocating, but overall it was ok. I would say the clients were opk, it was some of the staffing that as a challenge.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Very knowledgeable work place
A typical day at work at Eva's Village is meeting with clients and assessing where they are at in their treatment. Working with the women and children and being able to be apart of the reunification is awesome.
Pros
hands on
there activities are great
I believe it to be very helpful and its much needed, as a part-time worker and I'm grateful for the opportunity. they could use more staff and more training for the staff
Pros
there groups are great for recovery and homeless individuals, and it get them off the street
Cons
not enough consistency.
Great helping environment
I love giving back and helping people you should do this job with a servants heart. It’s a great place to work. They help pay for tuition and offers all of the certifications that you need for free.
Pros
Free lunches and trainings
good people being led by poor management
A good organization that is being dragged down by poor upper level management. Poor financial control and planning. Management decisions being made by managers who have no or little experience in some of the fields they are managing.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Micro management by managers who have no experience in the field they are managing
Easygoing but Educational
Working as a media and communications intern, I've learned more about the Adobe Suite in practice than for basic school projects. Learning on the fly was still happening but in a relaxed way while still producing worthwhile results.