Evangelical Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Friendly work environment with many opportunities for growth.
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAAugust 30, 2018
Friendly work environment with many opportunities for growth. Offers great employee benefits for full time employees, especially the vision and eye care benefits.
GREAT place to work.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAAugust 21, 2018
I worked with amazing people in the department I worked in. I enjoyed all aspects of the job I was hired for. Because it was a community based department, I got to meet so many great people from the community. The department offered so many great and useful programs as well. If there was an opening in this department today, I would have no hesitations on going back.
Pros
Super Friendly environment
Cons
Great environment. Positive staff.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAAugust 19, 2018
I love working here. I love that it is a small community hospital. Very quaint. The hospital is constantly making upgrades to improve the entire patient experience!
Nice place to work, positive work environment.
General Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at evangelical hospital. I had the opportunity to learn and grow as a sonographer. I really enjoyed the people I worked with. The ultrasound department there was very busy.
Energy and and compassion drive the company
Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJuly 9, 2018
The most difficult part of the job is being flexible with coworker and patient diversity. The management is organized. The scheduling is different depending on where you work in the hospital
Productive and supportive workplace with opportunity for advancement and learning
Student Nurse Intern/Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 9, 2018
I love working at Evan my schedule is flexible and my coworkers, patients and managers are great. Everyone is nice and welcoming and because it is a community hospital, it has a small caring feel.
Okay
Central Scheduling Intern (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 17, 2018
Interned here for a summer and my experience here wasn't great, but not bad. I did the same thing every day without much variety. If I had more challenging work I probably would have enjoyed my time there.
Low risk labor & delivery unit with a great reputation
Experienced obstetric RN (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 5, 2018
I enjoy working for Evangelical Community Hospital. My night shift coworkers make a wonderful team, and we have a lovely patient population. I love it when we have healthy, low intervention deliveries and I'm glad for the fact that midwives manage the majority of our labor patients. Compared to many units, our unit has a relaxed approach to childbirth. While we have plenty of busy shifts, there are also plenty of nights in which the census is steady or it is slow and relaxed. Local residents admire our unit and the care we give.
Pros
Good group of nurses, nice childbirth culture
Cons
Some scheduling issues, required to sign up for over-budget hours
Small hospital with a big heart
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 4, 2018
Evan is a small hospital. It is easy to become familiar with co-workers throughout the hospital. Employees are treated fairly and have good benefits despite the small size of this hospital.
Evan works hard to remain independent of the larger hospital networks, and requires it's employees to be active participants in making the hospital a quality health-care facility.
Pros
First name basis with many employees, recognition for quality work
Cons
Higher insurance costs
Evan
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 4, 2018
Evan is a nice place to work. Small hospital with nice people and in a nice town. Not really cutting-edge medicine, but that is expected of a small community hospital.
Best place to work third shift
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 22, 2018
The staff were the best to work with. Very knowledgeable and I would definitely hope they were my ER of choice if needed in an emergency. Hospital was the cleanest I have ever been a patient in.
Customer service/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 11, 2018
I very much enjoyed this job and the people I worked for and with. We were very team oriented and always willing to jump in and help each other. I was able to also connect with many outside referral sources.
Pros
Family oriented/team work
Cons
na
busy and productive
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAFebruary 21, 2018
work with hospital staff to ensure patients get proper care. Help them understand all paperwork signed and run insurances. Give directions to correct locations.
Unfair work place
Registration (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAFebruary 15, 2018
Terrible work environment. Management looks the other way when certain employees break the rules. It's all about who you are, not how you perform your job.
Abusive Environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Very abusive environment. HR is the worst of the worst. Not only does HR not address the issues, they are active participants in the bullying and abuse. The turnover is extremely high and no one seems to notice or care.
Cons
Abusive environment
Small community hospital serving a large rural demographic.
Staff RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PA 17837January 26, 2018
I enjoyed my experience at Evangelical very much. It is nice to work for a facility that is small enough to have that personal touch and yet progressive enough to be cutting edge with the ever-changing healthcare scene and technology.
Over worked, taken advantage of
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 14, 2018
Poor communication by management. Management doesn’t want to discipline employees who do not do their jobs. Over work you. This is a terrible department to work for. Always short staffed so that leaves you to pick up more work. They only compensate certain people for doing more than expected. Learned that it’s a very two faced department.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks
Administration /Management 👎
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Watch your back ! Wouldn't trust them as far as I could see them . HR is no better . Loved the job and organization when I first started . Snowballed down hill faster than anywhere I've ever worked .
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Bosses
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 3, 2018
Evan hospital is a nice place to work with a friendly environment.some jobs are harder than others but everyone works as a team. The atmosphere of Evan is very warm and welcoming.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Unfair work tasks
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PADecember 6, 2017
I really like my job but want more hands on and I do not get to do phlebotomy anymore. We do not have enough people working in our department. But have good people to work with.
Pros
Good co worker