Even Stevens Sandwiches Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 16, 2018
Fun and casual place to work! Worth the fast paced and semi stressful work environment. Teamwork is a huge part of working this job and I loved working with the crew!
Great Place
Assitant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Great place to work and grow as a manager in the Restaurant Industry. Manage up from within, but gives leadership the freedom to make decisions themselves.
Wonderful Staff BIG Management Issues
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2018
The problem begins and ends with management. We have brilliant employees with fun personalities and a hard working demeanor. However the management is filled with people mistreating equipment, misleading employees, and generally having no idea on who is actually in charge. With all the constant bickering from in-store Management to HQ Managment, makes it hard to stay focused and care about what you do. A company that started with a humble cause is also facing BIG TIME money issues closing multiple stores in Arizona and having employees checks bouncing.
Pros
Free Manger Meals, Clean(ish) kitchen, Cool swag
Cons
Probably won't get paid on-time, Pay for parking, Requested time off barely granted
The company is going bankrupt
Line Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 2, 2018
I was the line assistant (Kitchen manager for the evening), and it was not worth the pay. It was a lot of standing around due to little business. We were lucky if we made 800 dollars in a day. The turnover rate was unbelievable, and the shift leads couldn't get their act together.
Also, the managers enjoyed getting high on shift, as well as getting the minor employees and employees from our neighbor restaurants high as well. Everyone was extremely unprofessional..
Pros
50 percent off when you work, 20 on your days off. Managers get free meals.
Cons
You work there
Super fun work environment
CATERING COORDINATOR/ SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2018
Always had a great time working here, coworkers are awesome. Schedule was never a conflict for me, very flexible, awesome place to get great training!
Okay job
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 22, 2018
When I was working there it was very cool laid back for the most part. Somedays the rush hours were challenging. I was terminated due to an issue management didn't follow their procedures in certain areas as far as notify for write-ups etc
Pros
50% on food items 20% on appearal
Cons
Poor communication
Still getting their feet wet
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 4, 2018
This job can and will be fun once they have a solid ground to work on. The Concept and what this company wants to do is amazing. You can easily fall in love with Cause. Throughout the work front you learn that this company is still fresh on its feet and has built too fast within too many different states. They are still trying to figure out what works for the company as a whole and you are their pawn. The constant indecisiveness that goes on because of being so brand new creates a feeling of instability. The Family/Work balance they have promised in the beginning is non-existent because they are in need of help trying all these different ways of doing things. At this point, if you are looking for stability and a work/life balance this is not the place for you. Once they get everything in order, I am confident that this company will be at the top.
Pros
free lunch, Working with Non Profit Partners
Cons
Does not provide stability
A sandwich shop with a cause
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 3, 2018
Even Stevens has been a great company to work for and the concept behind the cause is even better. The fact that they take each ingredient from each sandwich sold and donate them to a local non profit is so humbling.
Omg the skii ball! So much fun .. Unlimited play for free.. Love love love the enviroment!
Expirience creater (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 6, 2018
This enviroment family friendly . reasonable prices. Music is all around entertaining. Live music. Dollar beer. 3.00 draft. Quickly paced. comfortable enviroment. Co workers were very helpful and fun.
Pros
Donate to non profits
Cons
Work wasnt equally divided.. Some worked harder than others.
Fun environment that encourages you to be who you is
Trainer/ Experience Creator (Former Employee) –  Downtown Salt Lake CityMarch 2, 2018
Awesome food and supporting a good cause were the main things that drew me to the job. I liked the people I worked with and had fun interacting with people in the community who would come in. It was also easy to get involved in volunteer opportunities because Even Stevens was so engrained in the culture of giving back

Want to know more about Even Stevens Sandwiches?

Ask a question
Fun workplace and staff, not enough input by employees
Experience Creator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 10, 2018
My experience working here was overall very enjoyable. There was excess stress caused by the opening of the restaurant that continued too far into being open in my opinion. The staff got input but it was not very highly valued, which made it difficult to get the restaurant running as smoothly as possible. It was a very nice work environment, not long hours, options for full or part time work, and pay that was decent, but not a living wage for anybody other than a frugal single person. That being said, there was tremendous improvement in how management handled things over the period of time that I worked here and I would work here again, with the hope that there would be more intent to promote hardworking and dedicated staff members so that they could be paid fairly for the work they are doing.
Pros
Good people to work with, clear instruction about how to perform job
Cons
No free shift meals, only 50% off during shift
10/10 depending on your relationship with you
Experience Creator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 7, 2017
THIS PLACE IS 10/10. SERVES THE COMMUNITY, HAS BEAUTIFUL JOB CULTURE, PAYS WELL, I DIDN'T GET BENEFITS BUT THEY OFFER THEM NOW, GREAT OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT.

The only thing wrong is the respect given toward women in management. A man and a woman doing the same job are not treated the same.

Also, if you intend on applying to the Peoria location, don't.