EVENFLO COMPANY, INC. Employee Reviews

2.2
Ratings breakdown
Worst employer ever
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHOctober 12, 2018
The jobs are easy and the pace is ok to get used to IF everything and everone else works how they're supposed to, which never happens. The pay isnt enough for the stress you endure, and people are horrible, worse than high school drama. You often have to stay past your shift to finish things even when it's not your fault. If you get hurt, you're screwed. Their policies are bogus. Management doesn't care about their staff unless you work in the office or parent link. They try to make you think you're valued then turn around and change the schedule last minute or degrade you in front of your coworkers. No respect.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Think before you jump
AR (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHSeptember 29, 2018
I have worked for this company for more than half of my working history. It is a difficult place to work because of the new corporate culture/management/ownership. The reason I stay is because I believe in what we do...provide safe products to help parents and children.
Pros
On-site work-out room
Cons
Lack of job security, too few employees for the workload, foreign owners
Very few small breaks
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHAugust 28, 2018
I only got 2 ten min breaks and 1 20 min break for lunch. They put me on the wrong shift then said they would switch me after a week and then when my week was up, they pretty much laughed in my face and said they wasn't switching my shift.
Management sucks
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHAugust 23, 2018
Never get time to spend with family work hours are ridiculous. Management is horrible. They don’t care about their people. They keep changing things around making it more difficult to work.
Bad place to work
Tear down (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHAugust 1, 2018
If you are a hard worker and do your job well you are expect to help others that are not good workers do there job too. Many changes that are occurring that are not working out. Management has no clue how to run the place. Turn over is huge, because they never have enough people the people that do show up have extra duties. It's very stressful and they dont care about their employees. Worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
Some good people to work with.
Cons
Everything else.
Pathetic
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHJuly 31, 2018
It's fast-paced, unorganized, inconsistent, and demanding. The company offers no training, no rewards, no opportunity for advancement, nor motivation to excel. Most of the employees are empathic and helpful to their coworkers, but management is definitely not. The big guys sit in their offices and plan new ways of designing the assembly lines, without having a clue as to how it runs. They take no advice nor any opinions from the employees who actually do the jobs. Money is spent on new time clocks, office remodeling, and (recently) a new gas grill for our "company picnics," which always consists of hotdogs, chips, and lemonade. Overtime is usually demanded of employees one to two hours before the shift ends - leaving employees frustrated due to their own personal plans and responsibilities. Public hiring events are held every 3 - 4 months, due to the high turnover rate. In fact, those employees with 2+ years of service are considered to have high seniority. That's pathetic!
Pros
Health benefits & first shift
Cons
Everything but health benefits & first shift
Good people
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHJuly 30, 2018
Poor management now running it. Nothing is going good now. Run out of parts. New chairs can't be run coz management not doing their job correctly . Nothing but big power play to see who is more in control.
Pros
Vacation days quickly first shift
Cons
Upper management and hr
Know what youre getting into
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Piqua ohioJune 17, 2018
A lot of people come in a have no idea about the workload or the rate. The jobs that you have arent bad but they are fast paced, Just be prepared for that. You have a lot of nice people that treat you like family but there is some people who hate their job and everyone around them. Youre hours can get cut some weeks and then you can get overtime other weeks. Upper management could use some work but overall not a bad place.
Pros
2- 10 min breaks and a lunch for 8 hours, easier jobs
Cons
Upper management, some bad people
Place is a joke!!!
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHJune 1, 2018
Wants good workers that show up to do the performed job but if your off work because of restrictions they will not work with you to accommodate anything. I showed up everyday done my job but they had me running 2-3 presses while everyone else has 1-2 at a time. The only benefit this place has is good employees definitely not good management or hr candidates. This place does have a point system as well which I never used but that’s a heads up for y’all
This place was a waste of my time and they let me go while on doctor leave, saying I pointed out.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Company
Going downhill fast
manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 9, 2018
Evenflo used to be a great place to work until goodbaby bought the business and started making bad decisions. Unfortunately I only see it getting worse.
Pros
Great co-workers (until everyone was laid off)
Cons
Upper managment only cares about themselves
Horrible lead team
Professional (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 9, 2018
Good people with a good culture.. then new parent company cake in and choose speed and new ideas over proven success. One last suit or recall will show the new leadership what they lost
Pros
Good people
Cons
Leadership
Cons
Parentlink customer service (Former Employee) –  Piqua OhioApril 9, 2018
If you are not in the managements cliche you will not go anywhere. Need to know basis, no communication, favoritism is horrible, poor management , high school atmosphere
Pros
First shift
Cons
Poor work environment, threat of layoff ALWAYS
Easy work sometimes unneeded stress
Assembly Teardown (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OhioMarch 11, 2018
Stressful at times more now than before many new changes that are occurring that are not working out.
Have a lot of older employers working and management is newer and need to listen to faithful and dedicated employees.
Had a lot of potential, new management doesn't want to succeed.
Lead Tool Maker (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHJanuary 31, 2018
The company it self was a great place to work and it helped me develop personally and professionally. The new direction management is not looking in long term.
Pros
For a majority it was the best people I have worked with and a professional environment
Cons
Management not looking to make a better company.
Stressful and needs lots of work
Line Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHJanuary 21, 2018
lack of training, almost no communication, ideas are pretty much shot down or not heard if you are a woman. talked down to a lot and micro managing is a huge problem. no trust.
Pros
people you work with are great.
Cons
management, benefits are not affordable, no communication or training, sexist environment.
Changing Culture
Line Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHDecember 26, 2017
If you are a man you are more likely to be heard. The company has a great lack of communication everywhere. Management is new and HR is new. Changing on an hourly basis, but not effectively communicating.
Pros
Discount, easy work, great people as a whole to work with, opportunity to go to China
Cons
Communication, seems sexist, micro-managed, lack of trust and listening
Good Company.
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHNovember 16, 2017
Very helpful people. You are expected to do your job correctly the first time and this is a good thing. Departments work together to meet the end goals.
Fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHOctober 20, 2017
The work environment was very stressful and the people there are unkind. The hours sometimes worked for me, but had unannounced overtime with no notice.
Bad culture
Designer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 21, 2017
OK place to gain experience, HIGH turn over rate. Company was great to work for until they were bought out a few years ago. Management does not know the ins and outs of the daily work at all.
Pros
versitile
Cons
job security
Horrible
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHAugust 12, 2017
Do not care about their employees at all. It's all about the numbers instead of quality. Dealing with children's safety you would think this would not be the case. They so not care if you need to get your kids or anything else, you stay until you get what they need.