Event Network, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good starter job
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 29, 2018
EN is not a place to build a career. You can work for many years with minimal pay increases and no opportunities for advancement. Very good place to work as a student or as a retiree. They are very flexible with scheduling.
Pros
I love the store I am placed at.
Cons
We are understaffed yet have no budget to hire AND get hours.
It doesn't live up to the hype
Sales Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 26, 2018
I was scouted to work at the company with grandiose promises that have not yet come to fruition. The supervisor I currently work with boasts an inclusive culture that takes care of it's employees, but I've yet to see that. My appeals for the promised advancement have been put aside due to various excuses, exaggerations, and flat out lies.
Pros
It's a very easy job, flexible schedule, a web tool that shows potential
Cons
Low pay, very few hours, and lack of living up to promises.
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2018
Amazing i had aa reaally good experience . it was enjoyable and bery comfortable. I had a really good mangement team and amazing co worker. I fell in love witht the work site and i would love to work for them again if the opportunity is presented .
Pros
Amazing
Sales lead
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2018
Face paced environment, can be lonely and stressful as you are placed in stores alone.
strong sense of a do-better attitude.
working at the shedd provided access to any Chicago museum
Pros
Perks
Just avoid
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2018
Terrible managers. Most of them are unqualified for their positions.
Just as a warning, they tend to "restructure" in August, which means that some people get promoted and some people get fired for no apparent reason.

Promotions are based on how well you're liked.
Pros
some nice coworkers
Cons
favoritism among management
Gettysburg store gives store space mostly tons of candy and poor quality toys and reproductions for high prices.
Sales Lead/keyholder (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMarch 11, 2018
Store Director knows nothing about Civil War or Battle of Gettysburg. Rather than emphasizing history items he has turned venue into candy store. Hires promotes mostly young females . Poor hours , low pay, no paid holidays.
Pros
Nice venue Gettysburg visitor center.
Cons
Low pay, hours 12 ro 26 hours per week, Job is for someone looking for something to do short of volunteer work.
Cool company, new ides
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAFebruary 19, 2018
Event Network is a different kind of company. Cultural attraction retail is not a common theme. The challenging part is making both your company happy as well as the cultural attraction that you work for .
Pretty decent job for a student
Sales Lead / Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2018
You get to work at basically any museum or tourist attraction. That being said if you're hungry for knowledge and like science you will enjoy this job. Made great relationships and met so many decent people during my time there. I learned alot.
Good Company, MAD city
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2018
Working for Event Network is an unique experience. Not like any other retailers, in the sense that it is a smaller company and has products that are exclusive to the venue that they are partnered with.

I tend to find the products are a mixed bag and depending upon the "vertical" you work for, therefor the more successful venues have a pick of the litter for what they can sell while the smaller lesser known ones kind of get what is left over from nearby venues. I guess it's to be expected when it comes to business.

Speaking of business, the best part of working for Event Network is the potential for every employee to grow and move up from the store to the corporate side of the company. It's not easy but it's a pretty straightforward process for anyone interested.

Also prepare to be FLEXIBLE. I know most retail jobs require that of their employees but with Event Network operating within Aquariums Museums & other notable tourist attractions, its more than likely your schedule will get switched around even more so, you may go from working a 9-5 to 5-12 because of an event.

There's also large amounts of school groups for some venues, and business picks up for everyone during the summer so that will effect scheduling as well.

Overall, my experience has been a pretty good one, it's a rewarding feeling that my hard work has gone noticed and that I have had help to reach my goals within the company, with the potential to achieve more in the future.
Pros
Growth, Promotions, contest, inclusive community, you can learn and meet different people, travel for learning programs
Cons
expensive benefits, long random work hours, out of touch sometimes
Very diverse experiences depending on location
None (Current Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 12, 2017
Every location is run independently by the Store Management team under the supervision of the parent company, Event Network. EN is an amazing company to work for! They strive to create a corporate environment that encourages collaboration and strong work life balance. Unfortunately, the store leadership can vary greatly from location to location.
Pros
excellent benefits including pet insurance!
Cons
each location is managed differently
always came out early.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10036September 27, 2017
I liked this job because it was not hard didn't have to do much and it was easy. The only bad thing was the management, no benefits, didn't even pay the 30 minute breaks.
Pros
came out early.
Cons
no benefits.
Great Part time college job
Gift Shop Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2017
it serves its purpose as a start up job for busy college students that need money in their pockets. A typical day is a slow paced, redundant process taking customers orders and giving directions.
Event Network
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 22, 2017
This job is okay. The only thing is that they start you off working at least 3-4 days a week, and after a period of time the days you work start to decrease and thus so do your hours. No hours to work, no compensation. Although one of my managers, Ms. Laura was amazing and so were my coworkers.
Loved it.
Cashier Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Great place. I worked at msi, museum of science and industry in Chicago. It was so fun, and exciting loved my managers Michael and Tim. Super easy, great team, room to move up.
Pros
Discounts, free admission
Cons
Only con was we didn't have much of a breakroom, and tiny fridge but that's it lol
Short term employment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2017
I would only recommend this company for short term employment. This company offers very little room for advancement. Some people are promoted to higher positions like a Sales Lead, however you will still only work part-time hours so it's really not much of a promotion.
Competitive, fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2017
I enjoyed working here, especially being at the zoo. A "normal" day was fairly consistently busy, slow days were slow. I sometimes enjoyed working at the other giftshops located outside, sometimes I did not. I would say that was the least enjoyable part of working.
Pros
Discount, pay
Cons
No benefits
Neaq
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2017
Stressful dealing with poor management. there is no leadership.You have to work independently. There are room for growth thats a plus. Theres always drama within the shop. Certain mgrs are never happy with results and you'll feel defeated
Cons
Poor leadership
Productive and FUN work place
Creative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2017
I have a contract working at event network for graphic design, while I have been there everyone that I worked with is very nice and helpfull. The art director is extremely layback while at the same time, knows what will make their clients happy. The rest of the graphics team is very friendly, a great group of people to be around. I would have to say the only bad think about my situation there is that I have a contract so it is not ongoing work. So sadly they can drop me from working there at any time. If you are able to work there I would say GO FOR IT! and work hard so you can stay!
Pros
Free food like all the time, gym, the people.
Cons
If you don't like working don't go
Great company
Assistant Buyer - Home Accent/Stationary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2017
This company had a great work/life balance and amazing job culture. I have not been there for several years so I am not sure if anything has changed but this was a great company to work for. The compensation was not the best (might have changed since I've been there) but it was a really fun company to work for so in my opinion, that made up for the lower pay.
Fun and exciting place to work.
Lead cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2017
This company operates gift shops in many major attractions such as aquariums and museums. Great place to work, great environment and the customers are pleasant and fun to talk to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Event Network, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.