Events DC Employee Reviews

Fun
SPECIAL POLICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2018
You get to witness so much that's going in the city of Washington DC and the world because if the types of events that you get to witness. Not to mention they have competitive benefits.
Work place active
Meeting Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2017
This job is a casual position and I work as an on call employee. I read diagrams to prepare room, halls, ballrooms, and stages for the event planners at the convention center
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2017
I learned how to work with a variety of personalities and become adaptable to change. I developed some great working relationships and I enjoyed learning more about the development plans of the District of Columbia.
great people to work for
Event Setup Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2016
Excellent company to work for everyone works as a team to get
work done on time. Great supervisors easy to work for ler you know everything that has to be setup.
Pros
excellent hours
Cons
no bad parts of job
Outstanding Work Environment
Chief People Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2016
Events DC is a fast paced environment featuring exciting, as well as historic events. The workforce is friendly, management is approachable and this is definitely a people centric organization.
Pros
Exceptional benefits, loads of employee perks
Productive and Fast-Paced WorkPlace
Marketing and Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2016
Fast paced atmosphere with a diverse team of colleagues. Great internship for sophomores to upcoming seniors. Get to work with some of the most high-level events in DC. If you are a self-starter that is organized, this is the place for you.
Horrible work place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2016
EventsDC is the worst company i have ever worked for in my life. not a progressive organization with the worse upper management team. do yourself a favor and look else where to work. you will be looking to leave in 3 months. yes, that bad!
Pros
vast array of people who visit the buildings
Cons
management
Very Productive and fun workplace with positive environment
Executive Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 13, 2016
This by far has been the best job I've ever had. My experience here has been phenomenal never have I worked with so many powerhouses who display nothing but respect and motivation to push you to shoot for the stars. I would love to stay on this team prayerfully if a permanent position becomes open that I am qualified for. The hardest part of the job is feeling my days are soon to come to an end when my assignment is over. I have learned so much and there is so much more to learn.
Pros
Great Events big and small to be able to see the before and after is amazing.
Cons
I'm a Temp hoping to become permanent.
Proactive and Productive Environment
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington DCJune 29, 2015
My typical day consisted of maintaining a safe and secure environment for the convention center. What I learned during my tenure was that working together is so important in the my field due to the ongoing changes throughout the day. It was imperative to be at the top of your skills to maintain the highest level of the security that your skills provided. The most difficult part of the job was the extended periods of standing and maintaining an effective focus. I personally enjoyed the ability to help others within the department and our guests that were visiting for the first time or returning from previous business.
Pros
Public Relations with worldwide guests
Cons
Advancement
Productive and Growing
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2015
My typical work day consisted of maintaining a safe and secure environment for the complex and to ensure that all guests, attendees and VIP were given a high level of assistance when needed.

What I have taken away from the company is customer service is paramount and that each associate has to do their best daily, that was the goal that I demonstrated.

Management was engaging and would listen to any suggestions that were presented.

My Co-workers were ready to learn new was to better serve our customers and maintained a forward thinking attitude about their work.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining visual contact with large numbers of attendees in the complex.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the on-site parking and being able to engage your skills when called upon in certain circumstances.
Pros
Meeting new people from all over the world
Cons
15 minute breaks-travel time was limited
Work Friendly Environment
Temporary Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2014
Working with Events DC has been amazing. I have a lot of support from upper management. I was responsible for the reconstruction of the employee personnel files.
Poor network management
Lead Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2014
Unprofessional and lack of integrity concerning implementing and maintaining proactive infrastructure.
Mgt (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 3, 2014
* Manage vendors
*Manage program office
* Keep stake holders apprised
* Assist with SOW development
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Events DC. Our community is ready to answer.

Events DC Reviews by Location