Everett Public Schools Employee Reviews

good job
Aide Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAAugust 29, 2018
i worked hear during summer hours as a summer job. kept me busy instead of just hanging around. pay was great and hours were awesome. great place to work
overworked and underpaid
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJuly 9, 2018
I loved the school that I worked at in Everett but nothing else. I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was upper management that was the problem. We were treated as paras and were not well respected, although we worked just as hard as the teachers. We were not paid well and policies were very strict.
Pros
summers off
Cons
every day
Great school with great culture
AlgebraI & Geometry teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJanuary 20, 2018
Great job if you intend on working with teenagers and plan on advancing your career by continuing your education . State of the art fascilities administration is fair but strict
Great team that collaborates often to better support the needs of the children.
Special Needs ParaProfessional (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 15, 2017
I have worked at the Everett School District for over 13 years. I have worked with amazing co-workers. Those that have left are still very good friends of mine. Our focus every day is to help teach children the skills necessary to successfully function in the world.
Prodcutive and fun at work
Family Support Specialist ECEAP -Temporary (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 7, 2017
I have a privilege to work with few of the best colleagues and work environment. Work environment is very healthy and filled with fun with lot of training and skill improvement plans at Everett school district
Pros
flexible timings
Cons
continuity and long term
Difficult work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 12, 2017
It is a non stop job and that is very demanding and stressful. After a while the negatives definitely outweighed the positives and it was time to move on.
I love teaching for Everett Public Schools
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 30, 2017
The administrative staff gets back to you quickly even if you email them. I enjoy knowing that I'm a real person and important to them despite being being an emergency sub.
Pros
Great Schools and Supportive Staff
Cons
healthcare and limited credential cross over
Great atmosphere with flexible breaks
Haunted Acres, Candia NH - Actor/Scarer (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAFebruary 15, 2017
good work environment, an hour lunch everyday along with two breaks. The day consisted of yard work and furniture moving. Hardest part of the job was waking up at five every morning. The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming friends with my co workers. I learned how to use weed killer and other basic yard work.
A extremely busy environment that requires multiple tasks.
Receptionist/File System Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everett, MANovember 27, 2016
The job is one that requires the employee to be there all the time , on time and willing to work through problems.
It is also the type of job that is dictated by State and Federal Funding.
If the Funding is not there every year, the job is eliminated.
Pros
Good financial reward
Cons
Job elimination without funding
Happy Home
Bus Driver / CDL (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 9, 2016
I have enjoyed my experience at Everett. The work ethic and comradeship make it a fun place to work. Management has been easy to approach and been receptive to our imputes.
Amazing Place to Teach
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sumner G. WhittierJune 8, 2016
Everett Public Schools gives support to it's teachers and allows advancement and ability to stay current with curriculum through outstanding Professional Development. Throughout my 15 years as an educator in Everett I was made to feel like family. Going to work everyday was rewarding and challenging as it should be. My co-workers were extremely helpful, and energetic. The most enjoyable part of my day was getting to work closely with children and to be able to see and celebrate their success and help them through their failures. The hardest part of my job was having to give it up because of relocating to NH.
great school with great students
High school basketball coach (Former Employee) –  EverettSeptember 27, 2015
my time at the everett public school system was short but very educational in building a great program. the wesco 4a program is competetive and thrilling, It is a great experience and the district was very accomodating
Sutstitute Teacher
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 30, 2015
I instruct at different schools/subjects, kindergarten through 12th grade each day.

I enjoy the self-management and flexibility aspect of the work, but I would also appreciate and value being a member of a functioning and high performing team.

Fun and challenging work, but doesn't offer the salary or benefits that I require to survive financially.
Pros
Flexibility, variety of the work.
Cons
No benefits or opportnity to build strong, positive relationships within the organization.
I had more good experiences than bad and many funny moments.
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAMay 9, 2014
Because I taught grades 7-12 over the course of 27 years, every day was an unpredictable adventure.
Everett was and still is a very sports-oriented city.
I had to adapt to pep rallies and pre-game excitement on many occasions.
However, because I grew up in Everett, I was already a fan of football and later basketball.
I also was appointed to be the Advisor to the Varsity Cheerleaders and that gave me a chance to know the students on a different level.
Pros
good colleagues and a pleasant environment
Cons
pressure of standardized testing every spring
I love Everett Public Schools
I.T. Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 6, 2014
I can't say enough good things about the management at Everett Public Schools. I worked in the IT department but dealt with everyone from administration to finance. And everyone, as eccentric as they might be, was great to work with.

The reason I left was the position I was in didn't have any growth potential and the work wasn't an perfect fit for my skills.

I miss everyone there and would highly recommend working for Everett Public Schools. Top notch crew!
Pros
Great people and great benefits
Excellent co-workers
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAFebruary 4, 2014
Excellent place to work :) Staff members are very supportive and a pleasure to work with everyday.
Working the sub-desk allows for varied work and opportunities, though not so steady hours.
Para Education Substitute (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 1, 2012
When the automated substitution desk calls you to come in for work, there is the opportunity to take the job or let it pass you by. If you prefer working in a specific place, or with a particular age group, this can be a wondrous advantage. But it can also mean the work is more sporadic, so you have to weigh turning down each job carefully.

Once you take the daily position, you check in with the school you'll be working at, and then get a briefing from the office staff before being sent to the department/room where you'll be helping the students. There are always horror stories about substituting at various schools, but I never found myself with such problems with the Everett School System, the kids respected me, and I showed them similar in turn, while taking them through their regular curriculum, supervising them on school grounds, or even teaching them work-related skills in the office or on-site copy center. They liked assisting the teachers and staff with their work-load, admitting it made them feel trusted, more mature and offered them something that felt like they were learning a trade they could go out and use in the real world.