Everglades University Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Excellent University with great reputation!
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boxa RatonJune 29, 2018
Working at Everglades University has been a great experience. I enjoy the students and the team. We have innovative programs which set our college apart from many others. Tremendous opportunity to grow as the company is expanding. Most negative reviews are from underperforming employees. EU has provided me with a great career! More than competitive salary and benefits and stability as well as growth potential. The leadership team is exceptional, they train and coach and constantly work side by side with the team. Lead by example. Proud of all of the awards EU has won they reflect the hard work and commitment of the entire team! Excellent team and overall
University!! You will love working here.
Pros
Salary, benefits, 401k, Pto, Reputation
Cons
Year round University, we are not closed for the summer.
Loving my career in academia!
Director (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 14, 2018
Working at a University is one of the most rewarding career paths a person can choose! We are a private not-for-profit University catering to working adults in all different time zones all over the world. So there is a lot of work to be done. I love the pace and the ability to change lives by what I am doing each day. Graduation was amazing! It reaffirmed for me that I am doing what I love to do. A career path in academia is a rewarding and an unbelievable experience. At EU you will learn and grow and develop professionally. I have learned more at EU than in my entire professional career prior to coming here.
Pros
Professional advancement and development. Competitive benefits and compensation plan.
Cons
Year round school no summers off. Growing pains (which is a benefit as well).
Excellent University and great experience overall!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 13, 2018
I have been working at Everglades University for over 5 years and have enjoyed every day. It's an innovative fast paced University where we have classes starting monthly so you are always busy. The team is excellent and the students are great. I like our unique curriculum as we have cutting edge degrees that are interesting and not cookie cutter programs. The President is young and innovative and is a walk the walk
type of leader and the Management Team is dedicated. Most of the complaints are about having to come to work and work. But as we are a growing University don't expect to get lost in the sauce and sleep your day away, we need everyone's support. With that being said there is room to advance and grow if you are career motivated! I love my job and have enjoyed my time at EU! Would highly recommend!
Pros
Salary, benefits, 401k and excellent team!
Cons
Busy, fast paced. Not for clock watchers.
The bad things you hear about Everglades are all true!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 1, 2018
-Terrible management.
-High turnover.
-Long work hours that are monitored by a time clock - even for salaried employees.
-Unethical business practices wherein students shell out thousands of dollars for an education (more than UCF, Rollins & Valencia) and get sub-par educations in obscure degrees.
-Continually threatened with loosing your job.
-Not allowed to voice opinions in meetings.
-Terrible leadership.
Cons
Poor management. Nasty work atmosphere. High staff turnover.
n/a
Financial Servicer Officer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 25, 2018
A typical day is long and fast pace. There is no workplace culture. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know my students and helping them achieve their goals
Scheduling your day was fun
Financial Aid Officer/Director (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 3, 2018
Scheduled appointments for active and new students on a daily basis. Reviewed FAFSA,NSLDS, COD, aggregate limits,. Reviewed packaging plan for student.
Sent weekly daily reports.
Pros
In charge of scheduling appointments.
Cons
No proper training.
Solid faculty, somewhat overworked and thinly staffed administration
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Everglades offers and overall positive teaching experience, with solid supportive faculty. The students are typically foreign born or military reorienting to college classroom environment. Many students are significantly challenged when required to perform to typical college level standards, but often improve quickly with extra assistance by instructors. Most students are enrolled in non traditional majors unique to Everglades University
Everglades University is a fun place to work
Professor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Engaging and personal education is one of the main benefits of working with the University.
The faculty and staff have created an excellent culture to work in.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not enough hours for full-time work
Great Education
Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 12, 2017
As a College, Everglades University is a great school. Professors are professional and knowledgeable. The school is accredited and well known in the Aviation industry and Construction. Alternative Medicine is a good program and promising for the future.

As far as management and work environment, I am really disappointed in the culture of the company and the way the President down to the Vice president utilizes the admissions counselors and Directors of admissions as selling devices and production workers.
Adjunct Professor of Emergency Management (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2017
The leadership is very competent and they lead by example. They care about the staff and students. They often treat the staff and students to free food.
Pros
free luches
Cons
nothing
Reception Duties
Admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota USAOctober 30, 2017
I worked as a night receptionist for 6 months while i lived in sarasota FL USA on daily basis would transfer calls to the correct departments and notify teachers if students were absent.
Staff and management team were very friendly
Receptionist-part time (evenings and weekends) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 17, 2017
A friend recommended this position. Since it was a part time position in addition to my full time position, it was important that the stress level was low, which it was. I enjoyed working here, but had to leave when the position became open to someone who was able to work more hours and on weekends.
sad place to work
Admission Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 12, 2017
I read the poor reviews prior to employment. But all of the staff was new so I thought it would be ok. The staff was new because the President was not professional and the new staff soon left as well.
Pros
Cons
poor, poor management
Collegial but lack of input in programs
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Started at seat classes moved to on line, have little input as SME in programs and changes needed unless I do it for no compensation. Work is fun with students but am at will worker, they have requirements for some classes I do not meet but if in a jam they call me.
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 23, 2017
Very professional and well-run university. Instructors and staff get to know all of the students and are very helpful. Attracts well-prepared student. body.
Cons
Health care provided only to full-time employees.
Workplace Culture and Management
Admissions (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 17, 2017
In an industry where there's not supposed to be "sales," your job is threatened on a weekly basis if you don't enroll more students. The pressure comes from the President and trickles down, leaving an unhealthy working atmosphere for all staff.
Pros
Pay is not bad
Cons
Group Healthcare is pretty pricey here; Job is threatened on a weekly basis
Worst experience ever!!!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Very unprofessional place to work. The word ethic does not exist. I was expected to call potential students that were not packaged to attend the first online class. If the student doest it would incurred in penalties.
VP no respect a at all, expect in staff meetings to be yelled. His most common phrase... 'if you don't like there is the door!!
If you accept a position is under your own risk.
Pros
Nothing at all
Overall Great Work enviroment
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 21, 2016
Director of Admissions department.
Learned everyday on how to motivate, drive,a team towards profitability. Management very supportive. excellent co-workers. The Student were the most enjoyable, and the hardest part was resigning due to family emergency.
Pros
work enviroment, students
learning experience
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2016
The people at the Tampa campus are wonderful. It is a growing campus, with plenty of potential. This is the newest location of the University.
Very laid back work enviroment
Student Work Study Program (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 1, 2016
Administration staff are nice to work with but need a Monday- Friday work schedule and more money. want a full time position.
Pros
Works with my school hours