Evergreen Center Employee Reviews in Milford, MA

Sad place to work at.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 15, 2019
Management doesn't really care for the staff they hire. If they did they wouldn't need to constantly keep hiring. They can never really keep anyone and there is discrimination that goes on over there.
Support Staff/Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 26, 2019
Highly friendly atmospheric environment to work at. Managers and supervisors are very supportive of fellow staffers. The students are also very fun to be with especially on fields
Absolutely horrible
Head teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 21, 2019
The amount of constant job openings for this company should say it all. Worst work experience I have ever had. Staff are treated horribly. I watched people’s mental health plumit and management/supervisors were the cause. Supervisors write behavioral plans for students they don’t work with, then try to force teachers and untrained staff (who are with the students all day/night) to run the plans even when they don’t work. They will never accept advice, they are know it alls. No one smiles or greets one another. All the management staff are miserable and so unapproachable. I had anxiety everyday I worked there. They fired people who were almost done with their schooling contracts a month or two before completion. I tried to keep my mouth shut to finish out my contract, but it was threatened constantly. Staff are forced to work crazy hours and then when they make a mistake, are lead to believe that they’re careless and lazy even though they’ve worked 18 hours in a row. Head teachers who are supposed to be at the school, are pulled to the houses every single day. Teachers have NO paperwork time and a ridiculous amount of paperwork to complete. If you don’t get it done on time, then you get punished. So prepare to work 30-40 hours per week for free just making materials, task books and keeping your classroom from being a disgusting pit (which many are). They are constantly understaffed (except on days when the state comes to visit and they pay everyone double pay so they don’t get caught). Anyone writing a good review on this place is someone from management trying to cover up all  more... the damage they’ve done. This is truly an unsafe place for anyone with a compassionate attitude to work, because they will take advantage of you to the fullest. Staff numbers are so low that when students have behavioral episodes it is unsafe. There is no one to help because each unit is left under their ratio for minimum staff. They will claim that management can help when you are at the school, but when you are at the houses, no one is coming to help.  less
Pros
The students
Cons
-management, hours, stress, unpleasant leaders
Working at Evergreen served my purpose well at the time.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 9, 2019
Evergreen was a good place to work. Valuable experience working with developmentally delayed kids gave me a lot to appreciate in life. It was about job satisfaction. Management provided what was needed to serve the students well.
One of the Worst companies to work for
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 8, 2019
This company will make you feel like you’re never good enough, you can pick up to work for them when they need you everyday, but the second you forget to save some soap they’ll give you a personal file note, THEY ARE NEVER SATISFIED, they show no praise for their employees who work so hard but they’re quick to write you up for any and everything. Taking vacations here are also nearly impossible even if you request the time off 1 yr in advance they still won’t approve it if you don’t find coverage I’ve never seen anything like this !
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
No breaks, no staff appreciation, no team work ethic, no empathy
Evergreen center
Worker (Former Employee) –  Milford, MANovember 3, 2018
i hate working there. everyday i feel like i loose more of who i am. i dread coming to work. No matter how nice you are or try to be someone will find a way to make you feel useless.

only good thing is unlimited overtime.
Pros
good money, free lunch you never get to eat because you never actually get a break
Cons
the managers dont see people as human beings
Loved working with the kids
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 2, 2018
I loved working with the kids but the politics of running a school was not for me. My fellow employees were nice and caring. Management was there when you were injured.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 26, 2018
Because of their diverse background anybody would want to work for Evergreen. I like it there. Hopefully others will enjoy working for Evergreen as well.
Pros
Sometimes Yes
Evergreen
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 22, 2018
It is a very rewarding job, but the management is awful and some of them are very unorganized. Very long days and long shifts, can be mandated to stay another shift if needed.
Pros
Free food, connections with kids
Cons
No breaks, always doing something
Needs are not met
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 20, 2018
Due to the lack of planning and staff support, the administration's consistent juggling of staff created an environment of choas and resulted in the clients needs not getting met. For example, staff were constantly asked to ride the bus in transition, resulting in staff having to return to the school to pick up a car. In order to comply with ration, often residents would be taken back to the school, and it was considered a 'field trip'?
Pros
like-- hearted compassionate, hard working staff.
Cons
no breaks, have to find subs in order to take a vacation, short staffed, rude Agency Charges, poor pay
producive, family, balanced
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA 01757March 1, 2018
working at evergreen center was a very fun career choice, the managment was a little poor, knowing which unit you would go to each day was very disorganized. although the other staff you worked with always treated you like family
No appreciation or respect
Instructor/Residential Treatment (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA 01757February 3, 2018
Keep your head down and make it through shift. Try not to step on anyone's toes. Try not to get hurt because they will blame you. Don't trust anyone you work with, everyone blames each other.
Pros
Great students.
Cons
Very poor pay for the work. No appreciation or respect.
Worked my way up the ladder
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 30, 2018
Started as an Assistant Teacher. There was an opening for Residential supervisor with the same students. I loved the kids. I had great coworkers at the school. Unfortunately there are some staff in this field who are abusive to the students. I witnessed this by a supervisor and reported it. After that I was targeted by other staff. It was a hard decision for me to leave (because I really grew close to these kids), but working for a company that condones abuse of mentally challenged kids is unacceptable. And transferring an abusive staff member from one house to another instead of disciplinary action is condoning abuse. Also we were not permitted to leave the premises for unpaid breaks.
Pros
Great kids
Review
Head Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 11, 2018
Nice company. Sense of job security can be low at times always need to be on your toes and watch out for staff. However program itself and the individuals are pretty amazing.
Avoid
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milford, MANovember 6, 2017
Management and care for the employees is nil. It's sad because the clients deserve great care, but the compensation and treatment makes it difficult to keep a positive attitude.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Easy and fun place to work.
Residental Aide (Current Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 22, 2017
It a fair and easy environment at the Evergreen Center. Employees are friendly and willing to work hard. Everyone does their job and management take notice of the good work employee does.
Pros
free food, can cook at the job and eat anything while at work.
Cons
have to clock in every 30min doing third shift
Horrible upper management
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 23, 2017
The only great thing about this job was to interact with mentally disabled people. It was my first time working on this field and I felt really good knowing that I was doing something to make a difference in their lives...but upper management is really bad! I worked at a Residence where the manager would not report incidents that would compromise his position. I reported incidents and no one did anything. I would never leave a loved one in their care, according to my experience they do not care about people, they just care about their business.
Pros
Cons
Not qualified management
Needs better management and morals
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 8, 2017
The director doesn't have his priorities straight and assistants get over worked. Child care is minimally met. Most staff are immature and rules are not enforced.
Good jobs for people with no kids
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 28, 2017
While working at the evergreen comes with a bunch of benefits , this is the type of company that thinks that your life revolves around them like this is the only thing you do . They want you eat breath and sleep evergreen . However , they have great compensation and great bonuses.
Life of working with children.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 21, 2017
Children are my heart. You have to love what you do to work in this fiekd. Just seeing a smile on there face my my work day rewarding. If I wouldnt have relocated I'm sure I would have been still there. They had there pros and cons has any other job.