Evergreen Center Employee Reviews for Residential Supervisor

Worked my way up the ladder
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 30, 2018
Started as an Assistant Teacher. There was an opening for Residential supervisor with the same students. I loved the kids. I had great coworkers at the school. Unfortunately there are some staff in this field who are abusive to the students. I witnessed this by a supervisor and reported it. After that I was targeted by other staff. It was a hard decision for me to leave (because I really grew close to these kids), but working for a company that condones abuse of mentally challenged kids is unacceptable. And transferring an abusive staff member from one house to another instead of disciplinary action is condoning abuse. Also we were not permitted to leave the premises for unpaid breaks.
Pros
Great kids
Work well and get noticed
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 29, 2015
I really like the evergreen center. I have worked there for about 9 months and I can't say I've enjoyed every day but it is a job and that's what work is.

I am currently a residential supervisor and unfortunately the staff I supervise can be harder to cope with than any other part of this job. Between the constant complaints about management, pay, this and that all while sitting on their butts for 8 hours, I don't see very much interaction with the kids. It makes me sad.

This type of job requires a lot of attention but doing well (Dressing appropriately, finishing in service training, etc.) will get you noticed and your pay will be raised.

I have a wife and a young son and have on a couple of occasions needed to leave work to take him to a doctor. I was never criticized for this and it never came up in my evaluation.

Before this job I worked in a factory making 11 dollars an hour. I was on my feet all day and was forced to work 6-8 hours on saturday along with my monday through friday schedule. With this job I can pick up hours when I need them and schedule myself in order to avoid getting mandated on a day that I can't work. It is up to you as an employee to communicate the days you want to work and the days you can't. Nobody is going to do it for you.

Plus, meals are free! Always! You also get paid to go on field trips to dairy queen, the park and lots of other places. I got paid to go see The Lion King in Boston. Tickets were free and I enjoyed the trip very much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you want a job that adheres to the idea of "the
  more... daily grind" work at Mcdonalds or Dunkin' Donuts. The fact is this is a difficult job that requires a lot from you, but there are many rewarding benefits to it. There are much worse places to work  less
they view everyone as replaceable
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  milford, maMarch 3, 2015
too high of standards for minimal pay
fall in love with the kids but staff are miserable
management does not care about anyone
no regard to your personal life - can be mandated and written up if they need you to work (unscheduled shift)
Pros
usually plenty of shifts available for overtime
Cons
employer couldnt care less about staff