Evergreen Center Management reviews

Sad place to work at.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 15, 2019
Management doesn't really care for the staff they hire. If they did they wouldn't need to constantly keep hiring. They can never really keep anyone and there is discrimination that goes on over there.
Absolutely horrible
Head teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 21, 2019
The amount of constant job openings for this company should say it all. Worst work experience I have ever had. Staff are treated horribly. I watched people’s mental health plumit and management/supervisors were the cause. Supervisors write behavioral plans for students they don’t work with, then try to force teachers and untrained staff (who are with the students all day/night) to run the plans even when they don’t work. They will never accept advice, they are know it alls. No one smiles or greets one another. All the management staff are miserable and so unapproachable. I had anxiety everyday I worked there. They fired people who were almost done with their schooling contracts a month or two before completion. I tried to keep my mouth shut to finish out my contract, but it was threatened constantly. Staff are forced to work crazy hours and then when they make a mistake, are lead to believe that they’re careless and lazy even though they’ve worked 18 hours in a row. Head teachers who are supposed to be at the school, are pulled to the houses every single day. Teachers have NO paperwork time and a ridiculous amount of paperwork to complete. If you don’t get it done on time, then you get punished. So prepare to work 30-40 hours per week for free just making materials, task books and keeping your classroom from being a disgusting pit (which many are). They are constantly understaffed (except on days when the state comes to visit and they pay everyone double pay so they don’t get caught). Anyone writing a good review on this place is someone from management trying to cover up all  more... the damage they’ve done. This is truly an unsafe place for anyone with a compassionate attitude to work, because they will take advantage of you to the fullest. Staff numbers are so low that when students have behavioral episodes it is unsafe. There is no one to help because each unit is left under their ratio for minimum staff. They will claim that management can help when you are at the school, but when you are at the houses, no one is coming to help.  less
Pros
The students
Cons
-management, hours, stress, unpleasant leaders
Loved working with the kids
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 2, 2018
I loved working with the kids but the politics of running a school was not for me. My fellow employees were nice and caring. Management was there when you were injured.
Evergreen
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 22, 2018
It is a very rewarding job, but the management is awful and some of them are very unorganized. Very long days and long shifts, can be mandated to stay another shift if needed.
Pros
Free food, connections with kids
Cons
No breaks, always doing something
producive, family, balanced
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA 01757March 1, 2018
working at evergreen center was a very fun career choice, the managment was a little poor, knowing which unit you would go to each day was very disorganized. although the other staff you worked with always treated you like family
No appreciation or respect
Instructor/Residential Treatment (Former Employee) –  Milford, MA 01757February 3, 2018
Keep your head down and make it through shift. Try not to step on anyone's toes. Try not to get hurt because they will blame you. Don't trust anyone you work with, everyone blames each other.
Pros
Great students.
Cons
Very poor pay for the work. No appreciation or respect.
Avoid
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milford, MANovember 6, 2017
Management and care for the employees is nil. It's sad because the clients deserve great care, but the compensation and treatment makes it difficult to keep a positive attitude.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Easy and fun place to work.
Residental Aide (Current Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 22, 2017
It a fair and easy environment at the Evergreen Center. Employees are friendly and willing to work hard. Everyone does their job and management take notice of the good work employee does.
Pros
free food, can cook at the job and eat anything while at work.
Cons
have to clock in every 30min doing third shift
Horrible upper management
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 23, 2017
The only great thing about this job was to interact with mentally disabled people. It was my first time working on this field and I felt really good knowing that I was doing something to make a difference in their lives...but upper management is really bad! I worked at a Residence where the manager would not report incidents that would compromise his position. I reported incidents and no one did anything. I would never leave a loved one in their care, according to my experience they do not care about people, they just care about their business.
Pros
Cons
Not qualified management
Needs better management and morals
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 8, 2017
The director doesn't have his priorities straight and assistants get over worked. Child care is minimally met. Most staff are immature and rules are not enforced.
great clients not so great management or staff
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAOctober 10, 2015
Some in of the employees are very toxic and sometimes you wonder if they may need to be on some of the meds the clients are on. But really it all depends on your personality and what you can tolerate as an individual. There's so much back stabbing and finger pointing between the different shifts. All the houses are different no real uniform training, there's too many cliques and if one person in the clique doesn’t like than one likes you. The really good staff end up leaving. If you complain to a manager about a staff that they like or are friends with it either falls on deaf ears or they think your the problem. If your a women be prepared to get hit on by the male staff or get dirty lools by the female staff. Pay attention to how staff talks about other colleagues because chances its either a set up or that's how they will talk about you in the future. The clients are awesome but watch out because people will write you up for anything. Watchout with which staff your friends with on Facebook, snapchat or any social media. They will screen shot your post or pictures and forward them to management.
Pros
free food but its based on who's cooks, clients are great, and tons of overtime
Cons
too much cliques, gossiping, management not listening to staff and immature staff
Work well and get noticed
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 29, 2015
I really like the evergreen center. I have worked there for about 9 months and I can't say I've enjoyed every day but it is a job and that's what work is.

I am currently a residential supervisor and unfortunately the staff I supervise can be harder to cope with than any other part of this job. Between the constant complaints about management, pay, this and that all while sitting on their butts for 8 hours, I don't see very much interaction with the kids. It makes me sad.

This type of job requires a lot of attention but doing well (Dressing appropriately, finishing in service training, etc.) will get you noticed and your pay will be raised.

I have a wife and a young son and have on a couple of occasions needed to leave work to take him to a doctor. I was never criticized for this and it never came up in my evaluation.

Before this job I worked in a factory making 11 dollars an hour. I was on my feet all day and was forced to work 6-8 hours on saturday along with my monday through friday schedule. With this job I can pick up hours when I need them and schedule myself in order to avoid getting mandated on a day that I can't work. It is up to you as an employee to communicate the days you want to work and the days you can't. Nobody is going to do it for you.

Plus, meals are free! Always! You also get paid to go on field trips to dairy queen, the park and lots of other places. I got paid to go see The Lion King in Boston. Tickets were free and I enjoyed the trip very much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you want a job that adheres to the idea of "the
  more... daily grind" work at Mcdonalds or Dunkin' Donuts. The fact is this is a difficult job that requires a lot from you, but there are many rewarding benefits to it. There are much worse places to work  less
they view everyone as replaceable
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  milford, maMarch 3, 2015
too high of standards for minimal pay
fall in love with the kids but staff are miserable
management does not care about anyone
no regard to your personal life - can be mandated and written up if they need you to work (unscheduled shift)
Pros
usually plenty of shifts available for overtime
Cons
employer couldnt care less about staff
Difficult Atmosphere
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 25, 2015
The children served at Evergreen Center make this job worth it. The staff and wages, however, can sometimes overpower this. Entry-level staff will make roughly 11.38/hr yet be tasked with many physically and emotionally demanding chores each day. On top of this, the management (understandably so, since they work with children) pay extremely close attention to their basic staff, which can often feel overwhelming. There is little if any potential for advancement, however the benefits are positive, which is typical of a human service position.
Pros
population served
Cons
management and wages
Not enough support for staff
teacher (Former Employee) –  MilfordNovember 3, 2014
No one ever feels like they are valued at this job. Huge turn over with staff. At times this job is dangerous due to shortage of staff. Management seems mean spirited.
Pros
Kids are awesome.
Cons
cruel management, horrible food, not enough support
Horrible Management and Pay
TNC (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 9, 2013
The management treated employees poorly and paid them even worse. This company is run like a monarchy. I previously worked for NECC and thought this company was similar but its not even close. Fairness and common sense are often neglected for "Policy" and key people are in positions there that have no business being there. The Operations Coordinator at Evergreen has a terrible attitude and treats direct staff employees horrendously. I have never heard someone speak so unprofessionally to myself or other staff in my life.

If you take a job there, expect to be overworked and under payed. Working hard doesn't matter and isn't rewarded at this company. I would highly recommend seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
The kids are awesome
Cons
Culture/Morale, Pay, Owner/management