Evergreen Center Employee Review

View all Evergreen Center reviews

Needs are not met
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 20, 2018
Due to the lack of planning and staff support, the administration's consistent juggling of staff created an environment of choas and resulted in the clients needs not getting met. For example, staff were constantly asked to ride the bus in transition, resulting in staff having to return to the school to pick up a car. In order to comply with ration, often residents would be taken back to the school, and it was considered a 'field trip'?
Pros
like-- hearted compassionate, hard working staff.
Cons
no breaks, have to find subs in order to take a vacation, short staffed, rude Agency Charges, poor pay

Other Evergreen Center Employee Reviews

fair
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 1, 2019
I would rather not write a review. Its not an extremely easy job to have depending on what house or group of people you work with. It is a bit demanding at times but overall a good working pace.
Absolutely horrible
Head teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 21, 2019
The amount of constant job openings for this company should say it all. Worst work experience I have ever had. Staff are treated horribly. I watched people’s mental health plumit and management/supervisors were the cause. Supervisors write behavioral plans for students they don’t work with, then try to force teachers and untrained staff (who are with the students all day/night) to run the plans even when they don’t work. They will never accept advice, they are know it alls. No one smiles or greets one another. All the management staff are miserable and so unapproachable. I had anxiety everyday I worked there. They fired people who were almost done with their schooling contracts a month or two before completion. I tried to keep my mouth shut to finish out my contract, but it was threatened constantly. Staff are forced to work crazy hours and then when they make a mistake, are lead to believe that they’re careless and lazy even though they’ve worked 18 hours in a row. Head teachers who are supposed to be at the school, are pulled to the houses every single day. Teachers have NO paperwork time and a ridiculous amount of paperwork to complete. If you don’t get it done on time, then you get punished. So prepare to work 30-40 hours per week for free just making materials, task books and keeping your classroom from being a disgusting pit (which many are). They are constantly understaffed (except on days when the state comes to visit and they pay everyone double pay so they don’t get caught). Anyone writing a good review on this place is someone from management trying to cover up all  more... the damage they’ve done. This is truly an unsafe place for anyone with a compassionate attitude to work, because they will take advantage of you to the fullest. Staff numbers are so low that when students have behavioral episodes it is unsafe. There is no one to help because each unit is left under their ratio for minimum staff. They will claim that management can help when you are at the school, but when you are at the houses, no one is coming to help.  less
Pros
The students
Cons
-management, hours, stress, unpleasant leaders