Evergreen Center Employee Review

View all Evergreen Center reviews

Work well and get noticed
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 29, 2015
I really like the evergreen center. I have worked there for about 9 months and I can't say I've enjoyed every day but it is a job and that's what work is.

I am currently a residential supervisor and unfortunately the staff I supervise can be harder to cope with than any other part of this job. Between the constant complaints about management, pay, this and that all while sitting on their butts for 8 hours, I don't see very much interaction with the kids. It makes me sad.

This type of job requires a lot of attention but doing well (Dressing appropriately, finishing in service training, etc.) will get you noticed and your pay will be raised.

I have a wife and a young son and have on a couple of occasions needed to leave work to take him to a doctor. I was never criticized for this and it never came up in my evaluation.

Before this job I worked in a factory making 11 dollars an hour. I was on my feet all day and was forced to work 6-8 hours on saturday along with my monday through friday schedule. With this job I can pick up hours when I need them and schedule myself in order to avoid getting mandated on a day that I can't work. It is up to you as an employee to communicate the days you want to work and the days you can't. Nobody is going to do it for you.

Plus, meals are free! Always! You also get paid to go on field trips to dairy queen, the park and lots of other places. I got paid to go see The Lion King in Boston. Tickets were free and I enjoyed the trip very much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you want a job that adheres to the idea of "the
  more... daily grind" work at Mcdonalds or Dunkin' Donuts. The fact is this is a difficult job that requires a lot from you, but there are many rewarding benefits to it. There are much worse places to work  less

Other Evergreen Center Employee Reviews

No Breaks Ever!!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJuly 3, 2019
THIS PLACE IS A JOKE!! Management and AC’s above all!!!! LMFAO!!!!! Don’t expect to ever get out of work on time. Expect to work over your assigned hours and mandated to work extra. They don’t tell you the fine print once hired. LOTS of PSYCHIATRIC clients so expect to get REALLY injured there!!!
Sad place to work at.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 15, 2019
Management doesn't really care for the staff they hire. If they did they wouldn't need to constantly keep hiring. They can never really keep anyone and there is discrimination that goes on over there.