Evergreen Center Employee Reviews

Good place to gain experience in the fild
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 20, 2015
Gave me the opportunity to grow as a professional as well as expand your knowledge and education. I had the opportunity to earn my Masters degree while working for the company.
Work well and get noticed
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 29, 2015
I really like the evergreen center. I have worked there for about 9 months and I can't say I've enjoyed every day but it is a job and that's what work is.

I am currently a residential supervisor and unfortunately the staff I supervise can be harder to cope with than any other part of this job. Between the constant complaints about management, pay, this and that all while sitting on their butts for 8 hours, I don't see very much interaction with the kids. It makes me sad.

This type of job requires a lot of attention but doing well (Dressing appropriately, finishing in service training, etc.) will get you noticed and your pay will be raised.

I have a wife and a young son and have on a couple of occasions needed to leave work to take him to a doctor. I was never criticized for this and it never came up in my evaluation.

Before this job I worked in a factory making 11 dollars an hour. I was on my feet all day and was forced to work 6-8 hours on saturday along with my monday through friday schedule. With this job I can pick up hours when I need them and schedule myself in order to avoid getting mandated on a day that I can't work. It is up to you as an employee to communicate the days you want to work and the days you can't. Nobody is going to do it for you.

Plus, meals are free! Always! You also get paid to go on field trips to dairy queen, the park and lots of other places. I got paid to go see The Lion King in Boston. Tickets were free and I enjoyed the trip very much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you want a job that adheres to the idea of "the
  more... daily grind" work at Mcdonalds or Dunkin' Donuts. The fact is this is a difficult job that requires a lot from you, but there are many rewarding benefits to it. There are much worse places to work  less
they view everyone as replaceable
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  milford, maMarch 3, 2015
too high of standards for minimal pay
fall in love with the kids but staff are miserable
management does not care about anyone
no regard to your personal life - can be mandated and written up if they need you to work (unscheduled shift)
Pros
usually plenty of shifts available for overtime
Cons
employer couldnt care less about staff
Difficult Atmosphere
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 25, 2015
The children served at Evergreen Center make this job worth it. The staff and wages, however, can sometimes overpower this. Entry-level staff will make roughly 11.38/hr yet be tasked with many physically and emotionally demanding chores each day. On top of this, the management (understandably so, since they work with children) pay extremely close attention to their basic staff, which can often feel overwhelming. There is little if any potential for advancement, however the benefits are positive, which is typical of a human service position.
Pros
population served
Cons
management and wages
Not enough support for staff
teacher (Former Employee) –  MilfordNovember 3, 2014
No one ever feels like they are valued at this job. Huge turn over with staff. At times this job is dangerous due to shortage of staff. Management seems mean spirited.
Pros
Kids are awesome.
Cons
cruel management, horrible food, not enough support
Excellent
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAApril 10, 2014
Evergreen was always so flexible with me having a family and furthering my education. There was always a place for me to work. I've met some wonderful people over the years I was employed there. Definitely a part of my life I will always look back as having something I could count on...and the best kids ever!
Pros
Flexable, wonderful people
Cons
Short staffed often
Stay FAR away
Direct care staff (Former Employee) –  Milford MaSeptember 9, 2013
Previous reviews on managment and morale are accurate. The exec director and director of program operations running the center are blind to the daily operations of the company to maintain safety and care of the children to ensure that they have the p's and q's in order to maintain their licensing when they come to evaluate. Staff are coached and hand picked to speak to licenser's ( the puppets) classrooms and resedential homes are run short staffed approximatley 75% of the time. Forget about recieving any breaks during your shift either those dont exist. Operations coordinator that does scheduling and payroll is an embarrasment for the center and should have no role in the managment team, she will provide no help or assistance to you when asking the basic help questions. Staffing is at all point low and has been for about 3 yrs and is getting better anytime soon.
Pros
Kids are great
Cons
Morale, staffing, no breaks, managment
Horrible Management and Pay
TNC (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 9, 2013
The management treated employees poorly and paid them even worse. This company is run like a monarchy. I previously worked for NECC and thought this company was similar but its not even close. Fairness and common sense are often neglected for "Policy" and key people are in positions there that have no business being there. The Operations Coordinator at Evergreen has a terrible attitude and treats direct staff employees horrendously. I have never heard someone speak so unprofessionally to myself or other staff in my life.

If you take a job there, expect to be overworked and under payed. Working hard doesn't matter and isn't rewarded at this company. I would highly recommend seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
The kids are awesome
Cons
Culture/Morale, Pay, Owner/management
I enjoyed the children I supported and cared for through out my career at the Center.
Assistant Overnight Agency Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAApril 17, 2013
I enjoyed working with the children and my coworkers. Meeting so many people with diverse back grounds and different thoughts on life.
I loved working with the kids but the Management towards the end had some issues. I was mandated for a year to work overtime, due to lack of employees
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 4, 2013
Pay was way to low for the amount of work employees did. You felt like you were unappreciated.