Evergreen Community of Johnson County Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
2.8Pay & Benefits
Leadership has issues
RN (Former Employee) –  KansasApril 10, 2018
Quality of patient care has gone down over the years. The Hospice services is not recommended as they are more concerned about the financials versus doing the right thing for the patient. They do not go above and beyond for the patients.
Horrible resident care!
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson County, KSDecember 21, 2017
Terrible resident care. Lots of "extra help" when not needed and CNAs just sitting around while resident urine soaked and without any interaction. A pop machine so residents could be filled up on unhealthy soda products.
Pros
None.
Best place to spend your time
Life Coach (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 5, 2017
If you love spending time with the older population and have a deep passion for helping people, then Evergreen is the place for you. At Evergreen you can really care for your residents. Because of that culture, you WANT to do everything you can to make their lives so much better. For me, this job is a true gift. Work is never easy but if you have to work, Evergreen is a special place to do it.
Pros
Caring people, working at home
Cons
Not enough hours in a day
Interactive
Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 6, 2014
Very fun and interacting with residents, you can always have a great time with them by doing multiple things. Such as going outside into the courtyard on a beautiful day or evening and even watching tv or playing video games with them !!
Productive fun place to work with wii, pool table and ping pong for the residents
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 17, 2013
A typical day at work includes coming on duty to report from previous shift, going room to room to access residents needs, preparing for the days duties, assisting with any meals, showers, outings, dr appointments, and any other requests. Great coworkers and management. Loving your job means you never have to work a day in your life!
Pros
Activities with residents and their families
Cons
Patients falling ill, Deaths
Healthy work environment and worked with my schedule well.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 7, 2012
At Evergreen Community of Johnson County, as a part-time worker, my sole job was to put the stock away in the dry storage, freezer and walk-in refrigerator. Many of the night shifts I worked, my responsibility was to make sure that the dishes were cleaned and sanitized, and that the preparation surfaces had been sanitized. The kitchen management was actually one of the best management experiences I've experienced in a long time. Many other opportunities of employment in my past weren't as easy to schedule around my schooling, but the kitchen manager wanted me to continue my schooling, and she worked around my hours very well. The job wasn't very difficult for me to perform, but working around my schedule to make sure I received enough hours was the most difficult part of the job. Sadly, I left Evergreen Community due to there being no career advancement opportunity.
Pros
free lunch, great work environment, and the manager worked with my school hours really well.
Cons
no opportunity for career advancement.