Evergreen Fire and Security Employee Reviews

Poor management/communication
Technician (Former Employee) –  Testing, install, suppression, extinguisherMarch 2, 2019
I worked at EFS for over four years. I was lucky enough to see various different jobs through out my stint with the company. Originally I started off working in the warehouse on JBLM, I was 18 at the time and this was my first full time job right out of high school. About a year later I began testing ( checking & maintaining) fire systems through out the base. This was also when I began to travel. Within the first year of travel I did numerous trips to Ft.Bragg NC & I believe it’s Ft.Richardson in Anchorage AK. Over time I then started to collect some certs (DAQ, Silent Knight, snorkel/scissor lift,& extinguisher) I wasn’t complaining I figure the more certs I possessed the more valuable I could be to the company. That being said I started traveling a lot more, and if you didn’t travel you were basically putting yourself on the hot seat and became a lot less appreciated by your supervisors. I spent time in 7 different states sometimes months at a time. I also was part of the installation in Romania. My first trip was about 2 months. I returned about 2 weeks later, then spent another month and on the day of my return date. My supervisor called me at about midnight (6hrs before my flight) to tell me he needed me to stay another couple weeks. (Just to clarify the poor communication skills). So between the time of these 4 years I had ONE of there employee “reviews” and was given a .50 cent raise. It wasn’t until the day I quit (mind you I was on an install in AZ) that they offered a worthy raise. By this time I had such a bad taste in my mouth there wasn’t a thing they could say  more... for me to stick around. Let me say that some of there techs are some of the most knowledgeable stand up guys I’ve been around. It’s just disappointing to see how the owners and supervisors treat some of the guys that are out here on the road and doing the actual dirty work.  less
Pros
Knowledgeable techs
Cons
To many
Great working environment!
Administrative Assistant/CAD Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSMay 27, 2018
Evergreen is a great place to work. the technicians are wonderful and Management is fair. The work schedule is ideal and co-workers are great! Relationship with DPW is good.
Pros
Great Schedule
Cons
Very unproductive and Very bad management
Lead Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 17, 2018
The culture in the organization is so cut throat. That I just recommend you stay clear away from this organization. I served as a site manager and felt like they treated the crew like second rate citizens.
Pros
pay was okay
Cons
everything else sucked
Developing Culture
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 3, 2017
At first this experience wasn't positive, but it began to improve over time. This company has seen the error of its ways and is in the process of improving the engagement and investment with its' employees.
Great team
CAD Technician (Current Employee) –  KansasSeptember 21, 2017
Evergreen is a quality company to work for they pay fair and the work load is very manageable as long as you put for moderate effort. Supervisors are always willing to help with career progression and company is willing to pay for schooling to help with job.
Pros
schooling, pay, low stress
Cons
contracting, lack of interaction
Family oriented company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 15, 2016
Everyone is pleasant to work with, new HR management has helped make it even more of a positive work environment. I was given on the job training that helped me learn more about the skill set I brought to the company. The company is very family oriented and cares about their employees.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Would be very helpful for there to be employee reviews and opportunities to have salary reviews.
Gain a lot of experience under pressure
Payroll/Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 13, 2016
I have learned a lot of valuable skills at Evergreen Fire and Security. It is a high energy place to work that is a constant challenge
Loved the job
Fire Extinguisher Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 7, 2015
was my first time in the construction field and I loved my job and my pay it was lovely. I'm sad that I was let go but I understand it was my fault that I made a pretty big mistake within my first 90 days. But you cannot beat 14.25 an hour starting pay. 40 hours a week.
The technicians that I worked with were great
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 14, 2015
The technicians that I worked with were great but the management was lacking in a serious way. I would not return to work for this company under any circumstance. There were inner company issues across the board.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Hied upon agreements not met