Evergreen State College Employee Review

View all Evergreen State College reviews

Photoland work Study
Photo Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WADecember 27, 2017
The job required mandatory trainings within the year for every employee and it was under the amount of Work Study we received before our year would start.

Gave students the opportunity to know what to do in studios, photo editing, and film processing rooms for future Photo Lab assistants.

Give Internship opportunities with extensive projects such as critiquing, working full-time, handling dangerous chemicals in color mashings and color processing, teaching proficiencies for others, and updating softwares and printers.
Pros
lunch breaks, work with others who have similar interests, and asking help when needed, learning the ropes in each sections.
Cons
not enough diversity of knowledge when it comes to certain Adobe softwares

Other Evergreen State College Employee Reviews

Chill and Laid back place
Parking Booth Operator (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 6, 2019
Fun and laid back place to work. A lot of my time was spent at the parking pass booth selling parking passes to visitors, faculty, and prospect students.
Pros
Independence, slow paced
Cons
Isolated, easily bored
Relaxed environment
Media Aid (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 18, 2018
Relaxed environment with a sense of busyness at the time to time form the heavy rush of students coming in. Management is a little controlling. The Managment seemed a little tight due to the nature of being at Evergreens very left-sided views sometimes I just want to be me and relax but I felt I could not.