Evergreen State College Employee Reviews

Good overall
Guest Services Lead (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 27, 2015
Planned events for clients. Learned many skills related to clerical/administrative employment. My boss was great, but other departments were not so lucky. Co-workers were fine generally. Hardest part of the job was trying to get other departments to cooperate with me so I could do my job. Best part of the job was working with interesting people, and the opportunity to learn new skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Super progressive place where people go out of their way to get offended.
I learned a lot of relavant information.
General office clerk (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 13, 2015
Working at Evergreen State College was a very immersing experience. I was the computer lab monitor and office clerk. My typical work day was spent filling up copier machines ,and monitoring the computer lab. I had a lot of interaction with staff members , doctors and professor's that taught curriculums on campus. The interaction with the staff members helped me become a more professional individual.
fast paced environment
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  tacoma, waOctober 14, 2014
I loved working at Evergreen State College. I enjoyed the interaction with students and faculty.
Great Co-workers and Management
Art instructor- Upward Bound (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 4, 2014
Everyday was a true artistic experience. As the students took on the ability to channel their inner artist we created great works of art! I realized the best way to find success in the class was to guide the students, but stay hands off! My teaching assistant was great with coming up with new ideas and ice breakers to get class going. By the end of our program our self portraits were amazing! we also developed a great shirt.
Pros
Class cohesion, support, artistic ability
Cons
transitions
loved the campus people
Custodian (Former Employee) –  olympiaJuly 7, 2014
able to attend classes no tuition. Enjoyed having very updated custodial machines to clean. very safety oriented
Business partner and product evaluation
Internship and Individual Learning Contract (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 25, 2014
A typical day at work include; reviewing and evaluating online suppliers, contacting the potential business partners, and negotiating terms and policies.
My learning experiences include; online marketing tools and strategy, reviewing and signing legal documents.
I worked closely with the manager and the CEO of the company, in organizing a marketing strategy, evaluating products based on price and consumer demands.
There were no other coworkers, beside the company’s CEO.
The hardest part of my job was the evaluation of suppliers and potential business partners.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the learning experience.
Encouraging all inclusive in the same room once a week
mac lab tutor (Former Employee) –  tacoma hilltopDecember 29, 2013
This is a place where people help one another in house. We collaborate and learn real life skills helping one another.
Pros
kindness
Cons
More instructors needed