Evergy Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 49 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
You’re seeing all 56 jobs at Evergy because we can’t find any available jobs at Evergy close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 224 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Installation & Maintenance
Strong regional utility with great pay and good benefits but after 2 mergers in just over a decade the company is trying to find it's direction moving forward. Current executive management is only concerned with shareholders and profits not employees. Work life balance has gotten completely out of balance. I enjoy overtime but not 35%-45%. And that is true in all departments. You will make good money but you will get burnt out and move one.
Teamwork, valued employees, fair to people, recognized hard work, earned your pay, consistent in resolving problems, attendance was very important & so was punctuality, promotion opportunities, open door policy,
I enjoyed working at Evergy. It was a fun place to work but pay is not ideal especially during inflation. The company is downsizing so I left because I didn’t want to risk losing my job.
Working at the coal plants is tough. Any day you feel as if you could pull up to the place and the be a meeting held talking about shutting the place down.
I have been amazed by the stories existing employees have told me about not having the tools they need to get work completed. Management is currently struggling with attracting and keeping talented people due to low starting salaries. Upper management does not take responsibility for overall low morale in the company. Instead it places that burden on front line and middle management.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 23 questions about working at Evergy. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Evergy employees.
Insights from 28 Indeed users who have interviewed with Evergy within the last 5 years.
The questions that I was asked revolved around heights mostly. Are you afraid of heights? What is the highest you have been off the ground? What experience with heights do you have? What work experience qualifies you for this job? Wind turbine work is mostly maintenance and repair work and many fields have useful experience. Mechanics, technicians , electricians would have experience that would transfer fairly well into an entry position. A good foundation in electrical concepts and safety is essential.
Straight forward knowledge questions.but not very technical
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.