EVERI Employee Reviews

Developers are treated worse than dogs
Developer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2018
I concur with the other developer regarding IT. I've seen glaciers that move faster than Everi's IT department. In over 5 years I requested or complained about a development environment that matched production and not one thing was ever done about it. Their $500k Data Warehouse Appliance died of loneliness because they had the BI group maintaining their accounting system.
Pros
Weekly emergencies keep you working long hours for thankless management
Cons
Shrinking cubicles, IT managed by people who have no idea what they are doing.
Great Place To Work..
Field Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 31, 2018
By far the best job I’ve had besides my time in the military. Everyone works together and makes the dream work. Compensation is probably in the top pwecentage amongst the Gaming companies.
Pros
Promotion from within, Compensation
Cons
No Cons..
Easy job, management was horrible at my location
Financial Services Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pocola, OKDecember 17, 2017
The manager treated her employees like they were prisoners. I never got a chance for a raise, yet worked tons of overtime when said manager was on maternity leave. I worked 12 hour days 6 days a week. She was very moody and it was like I was in highschool all over again. I did like the actual job, but I couldn't deal with the management.
Pros
easy job
Cons
management, no advancement
Love
Cage Cashier/Main Banker (Current Employee) –  Pocola, OKNovember 27, 2017
I loved my time at EVERI. I could always come in and not have to worry about the day not passing by quickly. Some days its fast paced and some days it was so slow.
Pros
coworkers are the best
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table and foos ball
Enginnering (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2017
If you enjoy challenges, like collaborating with helpful and smart people, want to make a difference in casino gaming then this is the place to be. We have brought on a ton of talent and are expanding across the board. I've been with the company for a number of years, seen the ups and downs and this definitely feels like another big upswing!
Pros
Strong work life balance
Cons
Commute can be challenge, but managers can accommodate needs
Demanding Industry/Customers but Great Work/Life Balance
Development (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 10, 2017
While I have never wanted to stay at a single job for more than 3 years, I have been with Everi for well more than that. Through this time, I was able to experience all its ups and downs...from a $1 stock to $40 to $2 and now $8. When Multimedia Games and GCA merged, things were not good to say the least but it is my opinion that it was due to poor leadership. We lost a great deal of good people in this time and it's extremely unfortunate.

Glad it was okay enough for me to stay through it because now leadership from CEO and down is great. You can see the results in the commitments we have met over the past year. What is even more relevant to me is that these goals were not accomplished by driving employees into the ground, but with good planning, setting proper expectations, and doing everything they could to make sure the whole employee base felt appreciated.

Future looks bright...
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great people
Cons
Health Insurance isn't the best
QA Analyst - Games (Former Employee) –  AustinOctober 6, 2017
I was with Everi for 5 years in the Games QA department. I will forever miss the people and culture. My typical day at work involved interacting with developers, producers and other members of QA to make sure we were releasing a quality product. Overall Everi has high standards for level of quality and I enjoyed working to meet those expectations. Many people who leave Everi usually return in a few years, I might be one of those people. I miss you guys!
Pros
People and culture are great
Cons
stock options were not avail for people at my level
Great working environment with knowledgeable staff
QA Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2017
I have worked at Everi for a little over 3 years now after spending 8 years with another well known software developer. When I first started the company was called Multimedia Games, but after the first year they merged with another company and rebranded as Everi.

The first year after the merger/rebranding was honestly a bit of a struggle. The CEO during that time did not define a vision for our future and did a lot of things that negatively impacted the overall culture within the organization. During that time we saw a lot of turnover as people became frustrated with the change in direction/culture. That CEO is no longer with the company now, he was replaced just over a year ago by our current CEO.

Since the change, the difference around Everi is noticeable. We have a clearly defined vision for a path forward within the casino gaming industry and our new CEO has brought back a lot of the things that made the culture here so great to begin with.

As a QA Analyst III, I spend my work day working with development to create test cases and provide coverage on the new features being implemented on the back end. I have learned so much in the past 3 years working with some of the best developers I have worked with in my QA career. They listen and treat QA as part of the overall team and not an afterthought, which is not the case everywhere you work. I enjoy coming to work at Everi, each day provides me with new opportunities and challenges (not in the negative sense, i enjoy a challenge), and the staff here is a joy to work with.

Over the last 3 years I have personally recommended
  more... four personal friends to jobs here. Each of them interview and accepted positions at Everi; all of them still work here to this day.  less
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
Location (traffic on 360)
Amazing people, awesome culture, competitive pay/benefits
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Love the work hours, peaceful work environment, great co-workers, awesome pay, good benefits, great management, beautiful location. Overall its a very fun and rewarding place to work.
QA (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2017
The people are great and the company provides a great balance between work and personal life. At times there can be confusion and misalignment between teams however this has gotten much better over the past year or so.
Lack of training
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grant, OKSeptember 1, 2017
* If it wasn't for the management and the lack of training then this will be the best place to work.
* The manager did not train anyone just gives you a paper to follow by and leaves.
* If you have any problems and you talk to her she is very untrusting.
* Not a management material and needs more training.
Pros
benifits and paid days off
Cons
training and bad hours
Nice atmosphere, slow pace and relaxed work
Artist 1 (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2017
-Learned a lot about the slots industry, and the steps to take with their creation.

-Worked on several different games, getting to explore different skill sets.
Was better before
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2017
I was an employee before the merger. I will say the management structure was much better before. Now you have a bunch of individuals not a team. Management doesn't have a proactive approach then blames the employee for not doing what the manager should do. The higher ups complain of costs then don't give you the right parts for your service calls.

You drive your own car into the ground making the company money while you're just barely making enough to be competitive wages, then fire you after you worked you butt off for them. They even fired the CEO after the merger. All of their supervisor and managers were promoted from the games while no One from kiosks got promoted. You will work be on call then miss family functions and holidays all for them leaving with "it comes with the job while the ones making the decisions are sitting at the table eating turkey while the low service tech is working missing out on his dinner.
Pros
Not stuck at a desk all day
Cons
High stress, no teamwork, poor management, no family time on holidays
A Lousy Place To Work.
Finance (Former Employee) –  Las VegasMay 17, 2017
Nothing good here folks! Terrible Management, bad hours, mediocre pay and no support. No training and nearly all management comments are just negative reinforcement. Management needs skillset training on how to properly deal with employees in a positive manor. Long hours and overtime not appreciated. For such a large company that is publicly traded; the pay is average at best. Negative environment!! Poor communication within department; between departments and between locations. Upper Management is detached as to how the Middle Management is "running" the company. Upper Management needs to review their subordinates. There is no reward for hard work and long hours; other than more work.
Pros
Large cubicles.
Cons
Nearly everything else.
Don't waste your time. Seek elsewhere!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2017
The accounting department is a joke. They don't know which way is up and vice versa. There are so many managerial/strategical and structural issues within the department alone. The clerks are transposing invoices by thousands and the auditor nor the director of accounting know how to approach the situation at hand. Upper management talks down to you and undermines your intelligence. They will even laugh and mock you. I would NEVER recommend this company to ANYONE no matter the department. If you are searching to advance your career, this isn't the place. Look elsewhere!!! No one is willing to devote a little time to invest to better a person's knowledge.
Pros
Cons
Upper Management & everything else.
Good place to build a career
Field Service Technician III (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Fun people to work with, good attitudes. I have been with the company for 11 years and would only have a few negative things to say. Travel is involved and long hours are the only downsides.
Cons
Healthcare
An ok place to work
Financial Services Cashier (Former Employee) –  Choctaw Casino, Calera OKNovember 9, 2015
Enjoyable job, customer contact, assisting customers with transactions. Money management. Requires accuracy with no variances acceptable. Co workers are like any other place you work, some get along and some conflict. I enjoy the job every day I go, but the casino atmosphere gets tiring, second hand smoke is annoying.
Pros
Financial Services, Cashier Duties, Balancing
Cons
Hours, banned from food ordering in the casino, poor accommodations with hardware and furniture, standing 8 hours with low counters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EVERI. Our community is ready to answer.