Evernote Employee Reviews

Fun and very productive
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 26, 2018
Overall a great experience I learned a lot from all the great people I worked with and not to mention how humble the CEO is to take time out of his busy schedule to come meet me
Pros
Free lunch
Zero Care For Employees
Other (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 23, 2018
The company invests in ridiculous things to give the illusion things are ok then they lay off 54 people. They say they’re transparent but hide so much, don’t say your transparent when you’re not.
Pros
Free lunch and the HR team was amazing before they laid half of them off.
Cons
Lay off, poor culture, not genuine.
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Evernote is a great place to work. Great perks, great office, great people. The product is always changing, producing new challenges and obstacles to overcome. This keeps the work fresh and exciting.
Pros
Great benefits, ever changing product with great problems to solve, people, work-life balance
Cons
None really...
Austin office rocks some remote managers do not
Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2018
I worked in Austin, my last 4 managers were remote, all of them but the last gave me stellar reviews. Even though my job function and performance didn't change I was suddenly underperforming per my new manager and was removed from the team after 2 months. I feel like they needed a scapegoat for something and got the feeling that I needed to watch my back or something.
Pros
Great office in Austin, great perks
Cons
Remote managers have trust issues
good place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 6, 2017
upper management team has all control of the processes and decision. They are experience people but rather new to the company and the industry.
free lunch but the food are bad
Fantastic place to work
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 2, 2017
Management is great.
Workplace has a wonderful culture, focused on supporting employees, and advancing them. Remote work is supported, and vacations are encouraged.
Pros
Covered Lunch
Good experience but didn't hit the mark
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Evernote has (had) a great brand, however trying to make the transition from B2C to B2B was executed very poorly. Additionally new management came in and didn't provide proper guidance which led to a dark time for Evernote staff.
Best company I've ever worked for
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2016
This is the best company I have ever worked for. The culture is great and my colleagues actually work with me not against me. Tons of great benefits including catered lunches, snacks and a vacation incentive.
Pros
Free lunches, paid vacation and a vacation bonus.
Cons
The best company I have ever worked for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 22, 2015
Evernote is an incredibly thoughtful company that cares about its product and even more so, about each other.

Work/Life Balance:
The workplace is casual, open and productive. You will want to work hard and stay focused because of the impact you make when you do, but your team and managers will encourage you to disconnect and recharge your batteries.

Compensation/Benefits:
For the size of the company, they are awesome. Can Evernote compete with Google and Salesforce in this category...no, but they are about elite as you get with some unconventional perks that contribute to a healthy, balanced lifestyle. i.e. One Medical, Grand Rounds, massages, flu shots, etc.

Job Security/Advancement:
This is a startup. Change is imminent and honestly I count myself lucky to learn from these hurdles without ever feeling like my job was in jeopardy. Career progression an area that needs to improve, but I have faith that it will so in time.

Management:
A lot of Evernote's managers have been promoted from with very little training. This has caused quite a bit of disfunction over the years, but I do see progress being made in this category. Our new CEO is having an impact here, giving us an example of what great leadership looks like and hiring experienced folks to help fill some of the void.

Job Culture:
I love working here. The people are outstanding, the environment is modern, efficient and productive (like the product), and the product is loved by millions. It is so great to be a part of something with this level of potential. Excited to see where we go from here!
Cool place to work with a very bright financial future
Vice President & General Manager, Austin Products (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2012
The Austin office is very cool with some of the best and brightest engineers you will find anywhere. They are amazingly productive and a total pleasure to work with.
Pros
free lunches, free house cleaning, recognizable household name
Cons
little loyalty to employees who have killed themselves to the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evernote. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Evernote.

Powered by Comparably